PDA

View Full Version : Bots invite to group crashes zone?

Malstaff
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
I have been using bots for a while. Just compiled core revision 1403 from svn (on ubuntu) and am using a clean peq database revision 43 (both from svn).

Everything works fine. I can create bots just fine. I can spawn the bots just fine. When I invite one into the group, it adds to the group window pane, but does not move or begin buffing like they normally do. When I add the second bot, I get a message in the client chat window saying "You invited botname_02 to the group" but they are never added to the group window pane.

Both bots then disappear, although the targeting circle is still active on the second one, and it remains targeted.

The zone process then crashes with a segmentation fault, though it doesn't crash my character out of the game at all. The zone is able to start back up.

Any thoughts? Problem with database, even though all bot sql files sourced ok?

Thanks in advance.

robinreg
04-23-2010, 04:00 AM
I'm using the latest source rev 1403 and peqdb 1395. and everything working as intended. I got all 5 of my bots invited with no errors or anything. Did you use the drop table before you source the db? and use update? I'm using windows so it might be linux related. I don't know.

Malstaff
04-23-2010, 05:02 AM
It's a completely new (clean) database... everything sourced in fine.

Congdar
04-23-2010, 03:36 PM
It looks like botinventory.sql needs to be updated with the 'alter table' columns at the beginning of 1280_bot_augs.sql for the botinventory table. Try running 1280_bot_augs.sql and see if that resolves your issue.

Malstaff
04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
That sql updated successfully, but failed to correct the problem.

I'm pretty convinced that this is database related somehow, but I'm still not sure what I could be missing. Like I said, this is a clean installation (not even saving characters) so it isn't like there are a lot of conflicts possible here.

robinreg
04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
hmm, did you configured the solution to compiled with releasebot?