PDA

View Full Version : Map and Path Viewer Tool - source code?

fourier
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know the author of the EQEmu Map and Path Viewer Tool (map_path_view.zip) found on google code http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/detail?name=map_path_view.zip&can=2&q= (EQEmu Pathfinding)? I ask because it was uploaded just a few months ago by KimmySprite, and appears to be a very neat visual tool. I would like to expand upon this project with various enhancements to the menus and maybe even add path editing capabilities. If there is any chance the source code can be provided, I would be grateful. I'm very interested in OpenGL and SDL programming and this project code would likely help me and others see a practical and fun use of the .map and .path files.

Right now, when opening a file there is a limit to the number of files that can be shown in the open file menu (map files starting with S-Z don't show up). The Map & path viewer tool needs to be placed in your eqemu root folder as it will always look for the ./maps relative folder path. Not a big deal, just a usability concern.

trevius
05-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Yes, KLS/Kimmie is the one that wrote that. Dunno if she has plans to share the source or not, though.