PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Compounding DoT?

Hateborne
07-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Sorry to bother everyone but ..well, here goes.

I am trying to see if a rolling, compouding DoT is possible. In a nutshell, in order to match another class, I suggested a DoT that stacks up based on a few variables (essentially every form of DD Lifetap would add 30% of said DD's damage to the DoT's total damage and reset duration to 18 sec).

Is this possible without MASSIVE recoding or will I have to come up with C++ resolution to make it a reality?

I will clarify anything if necessary, so please point out any missing/invalid points.

Thank you,
-Hate

KLS
07-02-2010, 05:13 AM
The wiki doesn't stay up to date all the time but there are spell quests in code now. In eqemudir/quests/spells/[spell id].pl

EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_CLIENT
EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_NPC
EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_CLIENT
EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_NPC

It however may not be enough as is because tic count remaining isn't exported.

Secrets
07-02-2010, 04:37 PM
The wiki doesn't stay up to date all the time but there are spell quests in code now. In eqemudir/quests/spells/[spell id].pl

EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_CLIENT
EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_NPC
EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_CLIENT
EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_NPC

It however may not be enough as is because tic count remaining isn't exported.

Couldn't you just keep track of the ticks based on a sub event in perl, and remove the damage from the spell itself? That way you could do the damage in perl, and keep the tics on the spell. I think that would work, no?

KLS
07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
You could, and the effect is automatically removed if those script event exist, the script is run instead. No need to edit any spell with that.