PDA

View Full Version : sigh banned from irc

Hmm
02-07-2002, 10:29 AM
hmm last time i visited it was fine but now im suddenly banned and i havent been on since then. i suspect someone with similiar domain as me is being nasty and banning him or her results in banning me too.

TheClaus
02-07-2002, 11:03 AM
Actually Hmm you might want to have it go to smurfette.trifocus.net

That server is the nicest out of them all. It doesn't have the restrictions as the other ones do. So instead of trying to hit irc.trifocus.net try smurfette.trifocus.net

madborg
02-07-2002, 07:45 PM
I am sorry, but I really don't understand this whole thing about "getting banned from irc". I see so many posts about it, but it completely escapes me what that is about.

Is that part of the irc experience? I saw a log not long ago where it looked like every 2 minutes someone was getting kicked from irc. I admit that I really have never been a fan of irc and barely understand how one works, but it seems so strange that irc is used as some kind of bopping stick.

Vipermmx
02-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Yeah IRC is terrible. I wonder if I could intrest EQemu to use a program I made for websites. Its a chat program thats created with Director. It looks really nice but you need afew programs serverside to run it.

IRC is a whompa stick. :D