PDA

View Full Version : Summon Defiant Armor

liquest
08-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Okay so i remember on live you logged in and you could claim a Bundle of Defiant Armor. This was a little package that had a spell named "Summon Defiant Armor" This spell summoned on your cursor a few pieces of defiant armor depending on your level. does anyone know if this spell is usable in the Emulator servers and gives you the correct armor for your level? here is a link to the package if you do not know what I'm talking about.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75146

Rikon
07-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the necro of this post, but I'm running into the same issue. In that, I updated some loot tables to drop the boxes that have the spell effect: Summon Defiant Armor (spell id 205). Unfortunately, this is True North (haha). Anyone have a solid solution, or know the actual spell id for the desired effect?

demonstar55
07-18-2015, 12:48 PM
This is a scripted spell, you would need to set up a quest to handle everything.

Fridgecritter
08-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Necroing this post to see if there has been any toying with this as far as casting a spell using an item, and having it trigger a quest. How would you accomplish that? I was thinking you would just hand this in to an NPC and they would do a level check, hand you a couple pieces of the appropriate level armor and be done with it, but I thought the spell triggering a quest event idea sounded cool. Does anyone know how to do this?

Sturm
08-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Save file in quests/global/items folder as:
script_1000.pl

sub EVENT_ITEM_CLICK {

if ($itemid == 999999 && $ulevel <= 10 && !defined $qglobals{"Defiant10"}) {
$client->NukeItem(999999);
quest::setglobal("Defiant10", 1, 5, "F"); #prevent player from using item again
quest::summonitem(123456); #whatever your defiant armor item ID is you want to add
$client->Message(18, "You've summoned Defiant Armor!");
} else {
$client->Message(15, "Nice try, you're too powerful to use this.");
}
}

Add the number of the script file to the item in the "Script File ID:" in this case it would be "1000". Add in any extra perl you want to suit your needs into the code and TADA! Item that uses a script on click.

Edit: I didn't check this for syntax or to see if it works, it should but just pointing you in the right direction here. Good luck!

Fridgecritter
08-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Everything made sense until you said script file ID. Where in the database is that? This looks amazing.

The_Beast
08-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Everything made sense until you said script file ID. Where in the database is that? This looks amazing.

scriptfileid is a column in the items table

Fridgecritter
08-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Perfect. I'll play with this today.