PDA

View Full Version : Player Models

Shadow
02-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Might anyone have a program allowing me to extract the player models from a file or anyone have the player models in a 3D Studio/Poser form? Thanks for the help.

einztein
03-17-2002, 07:17 AM
This is not a possibility since we do not know the file type they use, or what program(tho i believe they use 3dStudio Max R3,or 4). Also this is probaly and most likely HIGHLY ILLEGAL.

Azaken
03-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Would this not involve decompiling? Something that is Very illegal in the eyes of everquest, verant and any form of law pertaining to such a matter? Personally i could like to see modification if it was possible.

just curious :)

Patrick

chaos_hunter
03-19-2002, 01:41 PM
I believe Newtek's Lightwave3d is the software Verant used to create their models. I am a Newtek product user from way back (Toaster 1) and i believe Verant unfortunately did not use Lightwave to its fullest potential. :o

Here's a quote from www.newtek.com

"Recent film and television projects using NewTek software include Charlie

steve
03-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Yes, we finally have 100% confirmation that for character/NPC models 3d Studio Max 4 is used.

Take a close look at the title bar in the screenshots:

hxxp://everquest.station.sony.com/power/media.jsp

:D

Drawde
03-28-2002, 05:41 AM
I think decompiling refers to .exe or .dll files, not data. Countless mods for other games modify or replace graphics, 3D models, sounds etc.

Hmm
03-28-2002, 06:16 AM
dw unfountately extracting pictures etc counts as decompiling.

its just that its less chances of violation being pursed by company.

and theres issue with copyrights.

hogger
03-28-2002, 06:32 AM
Is there an issue, though, when adding to these works? I'm no lawyer, but as I understand it looking at files you own is fair use. Adding to something you own is also fair use. Taking pieces from it and selling them off would get you in trouble.

Hmm
03-28-2002, 08:05 AM
hogger you dont have to sell em to have a copyright violation. it counts to giving em away too.

hogger
03-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Right, but I don't think they'd have a case if you only gave your modified files to people you could prove had a legal copy of the original material - i.e. your friends.

steve
03-28-2002, 03:17 PM
The model's are even saved in *.max format. They must run them through some kind of conversion script to change the format to their own custom format.