PDA

View Full Version : How to make BOTS not disappear when change the zone?

Tachikoma
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi all,Im a newbie of eqemu,I add some Bot in my group, but they will disappear when i go to others zone.is there any command/way to stay the BOTS always exist in my group?
My eqemu info:
database:install from PEQUpdatePack-4.0
eqemulator:install from PEQUpdatePack-4.0 and update to Revision279-Bots.

Brewhaus
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
This is one thing I plan on looking into when I start digging into the code. Note that they only disappear if you have another person in your group.

lich2594
09-09-2010, 12:46 AM
How old is the PEQ's pack 4.0? If it's as old as I think it is, you might want to try a newer revision. (The bot's do "disappear" when you group another player on the current revision too, but there have been quite a few revisions to the code that make it worth-while to upgrade.)

The newest pre-compiled servers can always be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list

Tachikoma
09-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for reply lich2594 and Brewhaus.
I will try new version,heh

lich2594
09-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Also, don't forget that you can always make hot-keys to ease your tasks.

#bot spawn botName
/target botName
/invite

That will spawn and invite the bot to your group. +You can put any of the bot commands as a hot-key for ease of access. -Just a pointer. ;)

Tachikoma
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks lich2594,I copy this order in to the game,and its very useful:-),Bots Raid is so cool,It excite that the day when i was play EQ with my friend.
Today I downloaded the newest Revision peqdatabse peqdb_Rev1589 and server EQemu-rev1612-BOTs from PEQ webside,then began to make a fresh install.
I follow the step of wiki in this web,but when I source sql to database PEQ I meet some problems.
the first is,when i source load_bots.sql,it takes some error.When i source peqdb_rev1589.sql and load_player.sql,everything is fine,but mistake emerge when sourcing load_bots.sql...
The secend problem is BOTS in game will not wear the gears what i give..
How can i fix these error? Thanks alot:-)

lich2594
09-09-2010, 07:23 PM
You may have simply sourced in the files in the wrong order. If everything else, but bots, is working properly; try the steps that I outlined on this page:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32045

It may help resolve your issue.

Tachikoma
09-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Thanks lich2594
Source load_bots.sql is no longer make a error.but BOTS in games are still do not equip the gears what i give..

Brewhaus
09-10-2010, 11:28 AM
are you trading with them or using #bot giveitem?

lich2594
09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
No problem... Check to make sure that your using the command that Brewhaus specified. Also, make sure you are trying to give the bots something that they are able to wear; IE: don't give a Druid plate armor.

Tachikoma
09-11-2010, 12:44 AM
the command #bot giveitem and direct trading both does not work..:-(
each bots will equip the head-part gear and etc,but never equip the chest gear,though these gear who is able to wear.
my database is peqdatabse peqdb_Rev1589,after load the database i source load_player.sql and load_bots.sql;
my emu server is EQemu-rev1612-BOTs.
else info of my eqemu group:mysql 5.1.50 &ActivePerl-5.10.0.1003

lich2594
09-11-2010, 05:15 AM
I suspect that one of your database tables are not properly sourced in. Follow the guide that comes with the PEQ database; it's the file called README. Source the files, in order, just as my other post states how to source in the load_bots.sql - using the cmd line MySQL interface.

Tachikoma
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Finally I find out the problem..
I played EQ in sony official server only until LUC version,so I always give the VEL class suit to the BOTS which gear name is what i remeber.but BOTS never equip the VEL class suit's breastplate.
For example:I give ranger bot VEL dragon quest breastplate gear "Golden Leaf Breastplate",ranger bot not equip it,so I give him the VEL gaint quest breastplate gear "Forest Stalker's Breastplate",doesnot work again..and the Coldain(Ice dwarf) quest Breastplate gears also bugged,so i thought every Breastplate was not equip by BOTs.
seems other breastplate will equip by BOTS,I random summon some breastplate is normal equip on the body of bots.
that is to say,maybe the key of this problem is on the bugged gears,not the BOTS SYSTEM.
Thank your kindly help lich2594, finally I can enter the EQ world again,so excite is the state of my mind:)

lich2594
09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Not a problem, glad I could help.