PDA

View Full Version : Do spell effects stack

Astal
09-10-2010, 01:44 PM
If they are the same spell? I know some dont.

Im referring to a spell that has ImprovedHealing effect.

If i add it to multiple items will they stack or do I have to make seperate copies of the spell.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Focuses such as Improved Healing, do not stack in ANY form, because they use slot effect types as base.

I will give you simple exmaple
Each spell effect consist of multiple effects per slot type (there are 16 slots)

Lets say you have spell A which effect like:

Slot 1: STR +10
Slot 2: DEX +10

This spell, will NOT stack with itself, neither, with any other spell which STR effect in slot 1, OR DEX effect in slot 2.

HOWEVER, it WILL stack with something like:

Slot 2: STR +10
Slot 3: DEX +10

Now, focus effects like Improved Healing have complex spell based which consist of 12 or more spell slots, and the only way to make a similar effect spell which would stack, is to change those slot ids around.

If you have no idea, what I am even talking about - you are long way from making even a simple custom spell.
You need get yourself Ala/Bleh spell editor, open it up, and start studying what makes up a simple spell like Spirit of Bear

Astal
09-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Focuses such as Improved Healing, do not stack in ANY form, because they use slot effect types as base.

I will give you simple exmaple
Each spell effect consist of multiple effects per slot type (there are 16 slots)

Lets say you have spell A which effect like:

Slot 1: STR +10
Slot 2: DEX +10

This spell, will NOT stack with itself, neither, with any other spell which STR effect in slot 1, OR DEX effect in slot 2.

HOWEVER, it WILL stack with something like:

Slot 2: STR +10
Slot 3: DEX +10

Now, focus effects like Improved Healing have complex spell based which consist of 12 or more spell slots, and the only way to make a similar effect spell which would stack, is to change those slot ids around.

If you have no idea, what I am even talking about - you are long way from making even a simple custom spell.
You need get yourself Ala/Bleh spell editor, open it up, and start studying what makes up a simple spell like Spirit of Bear

LOL

yeah i get what your saying. Thanks man