PDA

View Full Version : Item Collector, little help

ZeroDegrez
02-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Ok I got it working, and i have all my items merged to a file. But now how do i transfer them to the database for my server?

_OZZY_
02-08-2002, 05:10 AM
I've been wondering this myself. Anyone figured it out?

Gino
02-08-2002, 05:45 AM
Read the command line and add the ip of your DB to it.

Regards
Gino

ZeroDegrez
02-08-2002, 07:04 PM
I played with it some and got it to work, here is the syntax to upload the database to your eqadmin's list.

-dbonly -dbh localhost -dbu <username> -dbp <password sql> -dbd eq -dbt items

Using ItemFile 'collected_items.eqitems'.
Using database 'eq' at localhost, User: <username>, Password: Yes
Uploading items to table: 'items'
503 new items uploaded.

DeletedUser
02-08-2002, 09:43 PM
arg, after reading this i realized i messed it up by adding the name field to the database upload in v0.4. That'll be fixed soon (added a -nonamefield).

As a stopgap you can just add a varchar(255) field named "name" to your items table.

Trumpcard
02-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Hmm.. Why did they remove the itemcollector post board? just thought it was a bad idea having it up? Just got a bunch of cool dumps of a few friends accounts, i was going to post them for everyone to get their mitts on if they wanted.. (lvl 60 rogue, druids, and nice SK/warrior gear)

DeletedUser
02-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Oh, i nuked it because the packetcollector uploads to gotfrags database now. All the ones in there will be in the db.sql next release.

(yes, you could login to the database server and download them all, but be kind to gotfrags.com's bandwith just wait for the release =p)

Trumpcard
02-09-2002, 02:38 AM
Ah... Gotcha.. I was under the assumption the content was going to be kept seperate from the emulator. Makes sense though, send it all to one central location, then disseminate the results in the db.sql, so it will automagically grow every release.

That is a hell of a collaboration utility though! Everyone runs it when they play, then everyone in their own little way helps with the development of the server content ! That was a damn good idea you came up with. No one has to manually add item info in by hand anymore..

You are the man!

Everyone! Show Quag a little appreciation here ,
3 cheers for Quag, the other developers,and contributors that have worked so hard to make this emu one of the most successful open source projects Ive seen in a long time!!

Zeitgeist
02-09-2002, 04:38 AM
*claps a bunch*

Baron Sprite
02-09-2002, 05:17 AM
Huzzah :D