PDA

View Full Version : Memming Spells

Ishio
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I was playing a few servers, SoA, and EZ server, and noticed there were quite a few spells I can't use.

For a Druid, example is SoW. Necro's DoT's. Beastlord's First pet.

They show up as 255. I asked in EZ, and someone directed me to their spell list in the forum's. I downloaded it, and placed it into my EQ folder, moved and replaced the original one. I logged in to find the issue unresolved. Now, normally I play on P99, so this doesn't come up as an issue there, but sometimes I like to see how a class will play out later on in the game, so I come here. How do I resolve this issue? I can't seem to find a solution, and haven't been getting any help in game, with the exception of one person telling me exactly where. Everyone else says "Go to the website." Sorry but half of these websites won't load for me at home, or are still under construction.

lerxst2112
09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Are you using Vista or Windows 7 and have EQ installed under the Program Files directory? If so, there's a good chance that you may have more than one copy of the files on your machine, and the directory the new spell file needs to go in isn't the one where you're putting it.

Search your hard drive for spells_en.txt and see if there's more than one of them. If there are, you need to replace all of them, or just move your EQ directory out of Program Files.

Theeper
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
The spell file (spells_us.txt) lives in your EQ directory.

It must match the one the server uses that you're playing on.

Some servers require you to D/L their spell file and put it in place of the default spell file. If you don't, you might get strange things happening.

Make sure you have the original spell file in place, or the exact spell file for the server you're playing on.