PDA

View Full Version : Spell Editor + Export/Import

thepoetwarrior
10-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm told the current working version of a spell editor for my up to date database is Ailia&Bleh Spell Editor 2.0

First from command line I used the "perl export_spells.pl"

Then I load into editor, edit, save.

Then I did "perl import_spells.pl -d"

And now users complaining a lot of their spells are not working.

Good thing I made a backup of my spells table, so I just reverted back to that table.

Question. Why are the new spells I'm making not working anymore?

As I'm typing this out, I just kinda realized, maybe people were using the Titanium version of my spells_us.txt file. I think I forgot to re-export to a SoF compatiable version for my users, maybe that was it.

Anyways, going to try that. In mean time, can anyone verify which spell editor is working? If I remember, the spells table went thru minor changes in the last year? Would this affect anything with export, edit, import? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Hunter - EZ Server

Akkadius
10-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm told the current working version of a spell editor for my up to date database is Ailia&Bleh Spell Editor 2.0

First from command line I used the "perl export_spells.pl"

Then I load into editor, edit, save.

Then I did "perl import_spells.pl -d"

And now users complaining a lot of their spells are not working.

Good thing I made a backup of my spells table, so I just reverted back to that table.

Question. Why are the new spells I'm making not working anymore?

As I'm typing this out, I just kinda realized, maybe people were using the Titanium version of my spells_us.txt file. I think I forgot to re-export to a SoF compatiable version for my users, maybe that was it.

Anyways, going to try that. In mean time, can anyone verify which spell editor is working? If I remember, the spells table went thru minor changes in the last year? Would this affect anything with export, edit, import? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Hunter - EZ Server

Use Null's Spell editor, connect directly to your database and save only changes you make to your database, will make your life easier.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31419&page=4

thepoetwarrior
10-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Heard Nulls is broken currently.

Anyways, after importing the Titanium version, I had to export to a SoF version and reupload for my users, and seems to have worked fine.

Akkadius
10-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Heard Nulls is broken currently.

Anyways, after importing the Titanium version, I had to export to a SoF version and reupload for my users, and seems to have worked fine.

I've used Nulls for thousands of spell edits. You can try an earlier version.

pfyon
10-09-2010, 05:47 PM
The only problem is using Null's with the most recent version of MySQL, as MySQL added 'range' as a reserved name which conflicts with the column name as the query used doesn't backtick the column names.

Or so I understand.

Tabasco
10-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I use the PEQ PHP editor for spells and most other things, and phpmyadmin for everything else.