PDA

View Full Version : Compile errors for the whole family!

tufkal
09-28-2002, 08:57 AM
Using Mandrake 9.0

straight out of the .37 source zip

First 3 gcc cmds go through, but with sooo many warnings, this is the 4th one which it stops on.

gcc -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wbad-function-cast -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wcomment -Wcast-align -Winline -Waggregate-return -g -m486 -O3 -pthread -pipe -DFX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/mysql/include ../common/packet_dump.cpp -o ../common/packet_dump.o

Then ensues a ton of warnings as usual but it stops on this one with an error. Due to the limit of chars i can paste here ill try to get some relevant information, cause i cant put it all (and would you want to read it bog)

/usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/locale_facets.tcc:893: instantiated from `_OutIter std::num_put<_CharT, _OutIter>::do_put(_OutIter, std::ios_base&, _CharT, long unsigned int) const [with _CharT = char, _OutIter = std::ostreambuf_iterator<char, std::char_traits<char> >]'
/usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/locale_facets.h:745: instantiated from `_OutIter std::num_put<_CharT, _OutIter>::put(_OutIter, std::ios_base&, _CharT, long unsigned int) const [with _CharT = char, _OutIter = std::ostreambuf_iterator<char, std::char_traits<char> >]'
/usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/ostream.tcc:215: instantiated from `std::basic_ostream<_CharT, _Traits>& std::basic_ostream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator<<(long unsigned int) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>]'
/usr/include/c++/3.2/ostream:130: instantiated from `std::basic_ostream<_CharT, _Traits>& std::basic_ostream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator<<(unsigned int) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>]'
../common/packet_dump.cpp:38: instantiated from here
/usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/stl_iterator_base_types.h:157: warning: function returns an aggregate
make: *** [../common/packet_dump.o] Error 1

kathgar
09-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Reinstall libc, its failing inside the libs and standard functions, not our shit

flipper
09-30-2002, 09:05 AM
I just put on a fresh install of Gentoo Linux 1.4_rc1 (gcc 3.2 based) and I'm getting the same errors. The system is fully up to date (i.e. I already did emerge rsync and emerge -u world). Anyone figure this out yet on Gentoo 1.4?

FWIW, it worked fine on my Gentoo 1.2 system :mad:

Trumpcard
09-30-2002, 09:45 AM
well, 1.2 was gcc 2.9x, 1.4 is 3.2 obviously.. I'd say the code needs to be patched up a bit to work with the new version of gcc. I ran into issues earlier in the year with 3.0.4

flipper
09-30-2002, 09:58 AM
Oh boy. I was able to get eqemu to compile under gcc 3.1 in Gentoo 1.2, so I might install 3.1 along side 3.2 just for eqemu. I'll report back soon with my findings.

penfold1972
10-06-2002, 01:06 PM
I am having the same problem. I just loaded gentoo linux this weekend, and it dies on packetdump. Did anyone figure out if it's the version of gcc or did installing libc take care of it?

Hoihoi
10-07-2002, 11:27 AM
to compile eqemu right now, you need glibc built with <gcc3.2.

glibc built with <gcc3.2 and compiling eqemu with gcc3.x works.

flipper
10-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Any of you figure out how to get gcc 3.1 installed in Gentoo 1.4_rc1 without wiping out gcc 3.2? I have about 160 users on my system (mostly message board access) and I cant afford to risk making my system unusable.