PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone Color Converter?

ChaosSlayerZ
11-13-2010, 11:21 PM
George, is it possible you could set up a stand alone color converter, where I can enter RGB value and get the single number EQ uses, as as vice-verse?

I would very much prefer this to be independent of any actual of your tools, so i don't have run/connect them to DB just to experiment with colors.

thank you!

GeorgeS
11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
You bet. Should be easy as pie (I think).. I should have it ready by friday nite

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-19-2010, 12:10 AM
George, is it possible you could set up a stand alone color converter, where I can enter RGB value and get the single number EQ uses, as as vice-verse?

I would very much prefer this to be independent of any actual of your tools, so i don't have run/connect them to DB just to experiment with colors.

thank you!

To add the the same request, a similar thing I mentioned in Kayen's thread:

Thanks for all of your help Georges. I do have one completely separate request myself. This would probably take you less time considering your obvious experience. But have a basic program that would give a preview of a character, and then you can adjust the tint of each of their armor pieces so that you can actually export that data to npc_types_tint so that you can load that up on a npc without spending ridiculous amounts of time trying to configure slots that don't match up with wear change, plus you can get a visual ahead of time.

This would be awesome and it wouldn't have to be spectacular really, just to be able to export the data into the schema without being confused with the offset number information that doesn't really match up with #wc slots it can be kind of confusing.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I will elaborate on it a little more.

GeorgeS
11-19-2010, 02:19 AM
This is something I can do within the eqitems editor since it already has the loading of characters and a coloring tool.

So what you want (If I read it correctly) is to load the character's equipment, and then you want to be able to edit each item's color one at a time?
..and then save the data back.

Probably not a problem. I'll come up with something over the weekend.

The stand alone color picker is pretty easy, and I'll start that first.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-19-2010, 11:18 AM
This is something I can do within the eqitems editor since it already has the loading of characters and a coloring tool.

So what you want (If I read it correctly) is to load the character's equipment, and then you want to be able to edit each item's color one at a time?
..and then save the data back.

Probably not a problem. I'll come up with something over the weekend.

The stand alone color picker is pretty easy, and I'll start that first.

GeorgeS

Yes, very similarily, but in this case you can do it with NPC's under the npc_types_tint schema

ChaosSlayerZ
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
thank you George =)

GeorgeS
11-20-2010, 02:20 PM
I created the color picker, stand alone tool
http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/ColorPicker.rar

Akkadius, I looked into the tool you want, and I looked at npc_types_tint = which is empty BTW, and I do not have the schema description for that table. I guess that would be the first step.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I created the color picker, stand alone tool
http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/ColorPicker.rar

Akkadius, I looked into the tool you want, and I looked at npc_types_tint = which is empty BTW, and I do not have the schema description for that table. I guess that would be the first step.

GeorgeS

Hopefully this will kind of help you out.

This SQL:

INSERT INTO `npc_types_tint` VALUES (9, 'Fironian palate', 127, 127, 127, 255, 255, 255, 127, 127, 127, 127, 127, 215, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 251, 215, 65, 251, 215, 65, 251, 215, 65);

Gives this output minus the weapons of course, we're looking at the npc tint.

And you assign it in npc_types via armortint_id. Could probably be incorporated into the NPC_Editor.

I don't remember the exact slots but if you were going from left to right, I think it starts at #wc 0 and goes on in slot assignment 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Blade654/types_tint.jpg

GeorgeS
11-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks, that should be enought for a starting point.
Consider it done - because I really like this addition to the npc/editor!
I'm a bit optimistic, but then again, I have some time :)

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks, that should be enought for a starting point.
Consider it done - because I really like this addition to the npc/editor!
I'm a bit optimistic, but then again, I have some time :)

GeorgeS

Great work sir.

ChaosSlayerZ
11-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Ah George, its missing one tiny thing - the final number in simple digits =)
I could do hex to decimal calculations by hand, but would be nice if program have it build in =) (in short, we need one more windows next to hex window)

GeorgeS
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Ok, added the decimals as requested

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
thank you =)

GeorgeS
11-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Akkadius,

Good news!
I worked all day on the npc tint editor, and incorporated it into the npc&loot editor. The tool can be found under menu item called special.

The tint editor is not directly linked to any selected npc on the main page, however you select your npc id manually, and also edit tints and save them into the tint table directly with the tool. You select a color from a palette, then click on the #wc body type to 'paste'. It has the ability to create many tint combinations, and then you can assign them to your npc with the tool.
Additionally, I also added the armorfield_id field to the npc editor as well (it's right before size). You can assign the tint there to the npc, or with the tint tool.
The program is pretty comprehensive, so take your time to figure it out. Also, I am not 100% sure of the #wc asignments, but I did go into the game to identify them. I did make a few custom tinted npc's and they loaded into the game correctly.

You also have a custom color palette to work from, making it easier to work with frequently used colors.

Let me know what you think.
It's uploading now to Rogean's server

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Akkadius,

Good news!
I worked all day on the npc tint editor, and incorporated it into the npc&loot editor. The tool can be found under menu item called special.

The tint editor is not directly linked to any selected npc on the main page, however you select your npc id manually, and also edit tints and save them into the tint table directly with the tool. You select a color from a palette, then click on the #wc body type to 'paste'. It has the ability to create many tint combinations, and then you can assign them to your npc with the tool.
Additionally, I also added the armorfield_id field to the npc editor as well (it's right before size). You can assign the tint there to the npc, or with the tint tool.
The program is pretty comprehensive, so take your time to figure it out. Also, I am not 100% sure of the #wc asignments, but I did go into the game to identify them. I did make a few custom tinted npc's and they loaded into the game correctly.

You also have a custom color palette to work from, making it easier to work with frequently used colors.

Let me know what you think.
It's uploading now to Rogean's server

GeorgeS

I'm sure it's much easier than doing all of the fields manually like I was before and then running queries to assign them to NPC's, I just thought having a visual would make this awesome. I will try it here in a bit, but I don't doubt you abilities.

Perhaps you could contact me about some ideas about the Diablo editor, I've got some crazy ideas I could probably work with you on if you are down for another project.

Would probably include creating items dynamically, keeping a list of prefixes and generic names, selecting item type, making entire sets of items etc. It would simply be elaborating on the idea. Let me know. In the meantime I will check this out on the editor. Thanks much George!

GeorgeS
11-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Hi Akkadius,

Let me know what ideas you have for the new proposed tool. Regarding diablo editor, let's start a new discussion so others can add their opinions as well.

I'm open for ideas

GeorgeS