PDA

View Full Version : Spawneditor doesn't save version id

Kayen
11-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Hey, little issue that has bugged me for a bit.

In the spawn editor, if you make a change to an NPC in an instance it automatically sets that NPC's version back to ZERO. Thus makes editing spawn times ect quite tedious when dealing with instanced content.

Any chance to resolve this one?

Kayen
GM Stormhaven

GeorgeS
11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
I presume you mean editing an npc in the npc&loot editor?

Anyway, I'm looking into this now. I post when the fix is found.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I presume you mean editing an npc in the npc&loot editor?

Anyway, I'm looking into this now. I post when the fix is found.

GeorgeS

Holy crap that was insta-crazy response time Georges, usually it's variable on your response time. Must have been coincidence.

8 D

Thanks for what you do

GeorgeS
11-17-2010, 01:06 AM
LOL Akkadius - I'm not on everyday, but I try :)

Ok, so I used the zone_adventure tool (within the npc&loot editor) and created a instance of a zone. It creates version 1 as expected. So when I reload the zone, the npc's have version=1 and originals have version=0. When editing one of the version=1's, the program retains the version #, so I'm not sure what to do.

Can you go thru your workflow and that should help reproduce the issue?

GeorgeS

Kayen
11-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Sorry I wasn't more clear, it isn't the dbase copying tool its the SPAWNGROUP EDITOR tool.

I open the NPC EDITOR.

Select an NPC and then select the option to open the SPAWNGROUP EDITOR

I then select the NPC in the SPAWNGROUP EDITOR who currently in instance version #1 for example

Then I say for example edit the %chance to spawn from 100% to 0;

Now if I open Navcat and go check the Spawn2 table, for that NPC's spawngroupid that I just edited, its now in Version #0

If I check the zone ect, the NPC is no longer in the instance.

GeorgeS
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the details - that helped troubleshoot the issue. I did discover the editor did not save any instanced npc spawn2 data. I not only fixed that, but now you can edit those data directly in the program (spawn2 specific fields)

NPC and Loot Editor
08.24.11 - Fixed saving of spawn2 table when version#<>0.
Spawn2 table in editor now has full edit functionality - all fields editable

GeorgeS

Akkadius
11-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the details - that helped troubleshoot the issue. I did discover the editor did not save any instanced npc spawn2 data. I not only fixed that, but now you can edit those data directly in the program (spawn2 specific fields)

NPC and Loot Editor
08.24.11 - Fixed saving of spawn2 table when version#<>0.
Spawn2 table in editor now has full edit functionality - all fields editable

GeorgeS

Thanks for all of your help Georges. I do have one completely separate request myself. This would probably take you less time considering your obvious experience. But have a basic program that would give a preview of a character, and then you can adjust the tint of each of their armor pieces so that you can actually export that data to npc_types_tint so that you can load that up on a npc without spending ridiculous amounts of time trying to configure slots that don't match up with wear change, plus you can get a visual ahead of time.

This would be awesome and it wouldn't have to be spectacular really, just to be able to export the data into the schema without being confused with the offset number information that doesn't really match up with #wc slots it can be kind of confusing.

Kayen
11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks George.

Should have brought this up 6 months ago when I first has the issue!

EqTitan
11-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey George I'm not sure if this latest fix you did solves this issue or not so I 'll let you know about it here. When I was using the grid editor in an instanced zone example (adding a grid id to a spawngroup) then I would reboot the server and the spawngroup would not show up.

GeorgeS
11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Adding grid_id's to spawns in the spawngroup editor will be fine with instanced npc's. The latest fix should have fixed all those issues with insranced npc spawngroups being preserved once edited.

GeorgeS