PDA

View Full Version : wizard - mana weave

Larrat
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
anyone having trouble on the emu side with how weave of power works?

I get the weave of power to trigger off of the initial cast of mana weave only and not off of any follow up spells .

So i get a 6400 mana weave cast (non-crit) then Strike of Sol hits for the normal (3562 focused). weave of power disappears after this cast also.

Just wondering if its emu or irreverent side. I was thinking it was changed with last sync due to focus effect/AoE fix.

Caryatis
11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
The spell is now working properly, it is limited to 1 cast...

Weaves mana into a bolt of burning energy that will cause @1 damage to your target. The energy of this weave can sometimes be harnessed to greatly increase the power of your next direct damage spell. However, the weave can sometimes become unstable and make your direct damage spells cause less damage for a short time.

Weave of Power (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=8046&source=Live) (which has a 25% chance to proc)

Max Hits: 1

Larrat
11-29-2010, 05:31 PM
wow thanks for the quick fix and response caryatis... nice work

Larrat
11-29-2010, 10:48 PM
ok i love love love what you did, but as much as this pains me, weave of mana now lasts a full minute regardless of how many times you cast during that time. =(

ok as i posted this it looks like it was reverted back to the way it was. will continue to test next few days...

Caryatis
11-30-2010, 12:11 AM
I think you misunderstand... I didnt do anything to it today. The underlying effects that support the spell were updated a while ago(days ago), I just pointed out that it is now(as in when the updates happened) working as intended.

The update happened in two parts, one made the recourse actually trigger and later on the cast limit was introduced. Now it is working as it does on live, you may have seen the buff on you for a minute because it will only disappear if it is the active focus for a spell(ie if you don't cast a spell that is focusable by the buff then it won't fade). If you get 1 minute of focused spells, please let me know and I will look into it but it shouldnt be happening.

Larrat
11-30-2010, 12:28 AM
ok weave of power was up for a full minute regardless of casting, but that lasted for like 15 minutes before that stopped happening...weird

weave of power does NOT improve the NEXT direct damage spell for me, it only improves the mana weave spell that triggeres the weave of power.

if this is not how it is working on other servers, it might be the code on the irreverent server. that is what i was trying to figure out.

AudioGarden21
01-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Not to drudge up a year old thread, but I just noticed this same issue with another spell called Dawnstrike when I was testing some things on a Druid. It functions the same way as Mana Weave in that it has a chance to increase the damage of the next spell cast, or cause a backfire reducing spell damage, but like Larrat stated, it only applies to the spell that was cast, not the next one.

My server is fully updated (and I update it as necessary) so I know it's not an isolated occurence on Irreverent.

If you've figured out a fix Caryatis, I'd be most humble to get that one off you.

Caryatis
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Looks like recourse's get processed before the actual spell effects, so you get the recourse, it focuses the DD and then since it only has 1 hit, the buff fades but it all happens instantaneously so you never see anything.

Probably should move this and other stuff like TrySpellTrigger and TryApplyEffect below the actual cast line as if that fails for whatever reason(stacking, etc) then you probably shouldn't process other effects of the cast. Would also be more aesthetically pleasing as you would have the procs after the actual cast instead of before.

AudioGarden21
01-17-2012, 09:30 PM
That seems to be how it's functioning. It buffs the spell that was cast, Dawnstrike/Mana Weave, but you still get the buff in the buff box, it just has no effect since it was technically already applied to the spell that was just cast.

I'll have a look at the code and see what I can do.