PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make spells unresistable to players?

Astal
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
For my named mobs I want the spells to be unresistable sadly most players have a high resist at this point and to change it i would have to rework gear ect... id rather not do that.

Is there a specific field in the spells table for each spell that refers to the chance for the spell to be resisted?

blackdragonsdg
01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
In the spells_new table setting the field ResistDiff to -1000 should make the spell unresistable assuming your character resist levels are similar to live.

Caryatis
01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
If you set resisttype = 0 then its unresistable, however KLS recently added a new feature to NPC spellsets where you can input an override. So for example if you have an NPC casting Ice Comet, if you didnt want to make that spell unresistable(because players use it too), you could set the resist adjust field to like -1000 to make ice comets from that mob nearly unresistable.

Kayen
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Huh that spell resist mod is quite nifty, sure makes life easier.

Astal
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
If you set resisttype = 0 then its unresistable, however KLS recently added a new feature to NPC spellsets where you can input an override. So for example if you have an NPC casting Ice Comet, if you didnt want to make that spell unresistable(because players use it too), you could set the resist adjust field to like -1000 to make ice comets from that mob nearly unresistable.

K ive been using nulls spell editor and the field was called Mod, wasnt sure if that was resist mod or not but now I know. Thanks man

Im using scripts for the spell casting so that thing in the spellsets wouldnt help me

daerath
01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
For my named mobs I want the spells to be unresistable sadly most players have a high resist at this point and to change it i would have to rework gear ect... id rather not do that.

Is there a specific field in the spells table for each spell that refers to the chance for the spell to be resisted?

By "for my named mobs" do you mean one in particular or all of them?

Astal
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
By "for my named mobs" do you mean one in particular or all of them?

all of em, i can just set the resist for each specific spell tho