PDA

View Full Version : Question on KEI

provocating
01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I seem to remember on live that KEI had around a level 45 minimum for players to have it cast on them. So if you were low level you would have to get breeze cast on you, then clarity then the best at the time was KEI.

Does this work the same on the Emulator ?

I ask because the buff bot I just created can cast KEI on a level 1 player.

Chanus
01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
The restriction put in place was level 46 to receive KEI, but that wasn't originally the case. I don't know if the restriction is included.

Originally, I believe you couldn't cast KEI on a player below level 40, but you could get around it by having them join your group and casting it on yourself because there was a bug with group buffs that allowed it.

I think your question is more whether or not the restrictions exist in the emu code, though, in which case I don't know.

provocating
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Yep, that is my question. You can imagine if there is no restriction, you could cast an HP buff and thorns on a level 1 and have them up to 40 in an hour.

Caryatis
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
The search button can answer alot of questions btw.

provocating
01-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah but things like KEI are normally too short.

provocating
01-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I did find where someone ran into this before though.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32646&highlight=spell+level

provocating
01-13-2011, 09:41 PM
I will share what I learned, this worked perfect for me. The spell was only cast on me, client and only for level 45 and up and also only if I was in range.

my @moblist = $entity_list->GetMobList();
foreach $ent (@moblist)
{
my $dist = $ent->CalculateDistance($npc->GetSpawnPointX(),$npc->GetSpawnPointY(),$npc->GetSpawnPointZ());
my $level = $ent->GetLevel();
if(int($dist)<100 && $level>=45 && $ent->IsClient())
{
$ent->CastSpell(2570, $ent, 10, -1, -1)
}
}