PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor Crashing

TrinityGuy
01-17-2011, 03:12 AM
I just installed the ODBC from the site and ran the connection test also provided on the site and everything connected fine.

I installed the new item editor and entered my info into the db.ini file. The application starts up and runs the music but when I press the Lets Start button it crashes without giving any error messages. I came across a post that mentioned trying it without the music and it worked for someone else but I didn't have any luck disabling the music and trying to start it up. I also tried to change the directory to the parent folder but it caused the music to not play and it still crashed on me.

I am running Windows Vista 64 Home Premium. I did a couple of searches but it didn't return anything specific to the problem I am having.

Thanks in advance for any help!

TrinityGuy
01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm still not able to get this working for me. I've been doing all my editing using Navicat.

Anyone have any ideas?

GeorgeS
01-20-2011, 12:12 AM
The crashes could be one of many problems.

Specifically what version of mysql, and database schema?
Did you register the ocx's?

GeorgeS

TrinityGuy
01-27-2011, 03:52 PM
MySQL: 5.0
Database: peqdb_ rev1667

I tried to register the ocx files but got an error on all of them but one (msdxm.ocx). Gonna try to post the screenshot here showing the error.

I'm sure it's probably a simple issue I overlooked on my part. Things have been pretty hectic with work and the server. I've been adding everything the old fashioned (and much slower) way. I'd love to get these tools working.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/Phoenix_79/errorimg.gif

lerxst2112
01-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Make sure you are using an administrator command prompt. Click the start menu, type cmd in the search box, and press ctrl+shift+enter. If you get a UAC prompt you'll know it worked.

Then, navigate to the proper directory and type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i' without the quotes and it should work.

TrinityGuy
01-27-2011, 06:34 PM
"You da man!"

Thanks for the quick response. I did what you said and it worked fine. I just wish I would have been able to solve the problem without troubling you guys about it but that stuff is beyond my knowledge of windows.