Huppy
01-23-2011, 04:29 AM
I was just curious, since the bot spells (buffs,etc) seem to be at level 70,
if one adds level 71 (and higher) spells, will the bots be able to cast them
at the appropriate level ? (temerity, etc.) ? or is level 70 spells the current
limit for bots ?

Congdar
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM
When I made the spell lists I only went to 70. If you are higher level it just gets the max possible when the bot is spawned. Allah's looks like it goes to level 90, so more could be submitted.

bad_captain
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I've made some progress on and off on this in the past year, but as you can probably tell, it's a lot of work. I think I have 3 or 4 classes left to get to 85. When I started, HoT wasn't out, and 85 was the limit. I plan on going through 90, but I think they're still adding spells, so I'll probably wait until I get 85 done.

Note: the last I checked, the default PEQ spells_new table doesn't have the most up to date spell data, and some of the post 75 spells are incorrect (like for spellid >16000, the spells appeared to be copies of 70ish spells). So if you are going to add bot spells post 70, check what spells are in the db, and if needed import updated spells from the spell file.

Also, there may not be support for those spells in the code, so be aware that if you add later spells, they may not cast, or may crash.

Huppy
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Thank You. I just started playing around with the bots, as they aren't a
big priority for me. I did happen to notice when doing #spellfind's, even
though Tenacity and Gallantry were there, it seems Temerity doesn't exist.
I also thought I read somewhere that bots would now zone with you. The
bot I made would not zone, I think it generally just camps when I do. It
still shows the bot in-group, but just as if its out of zone. I was able to
just #bot spawn (name) and it appeared as normal, but it behaved like it
was out of group. (no follow, etc). Of course simply doing a #bot camp and
a #bot spawn after zoning and re-invitiing it to group is easy enough.
This is based on the latest build from svn (1835) and all sql updates to 1823.

Caryatis
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
If you are running your own server and want all the spells just make a trial account, update a copy of your EQ to live and then import the live spells_us.txt file into your DB and voila all spells up to HoT and alot more fixed/working properly. Some of the spells you can only cast with newer clients due to ID issues though.

bad_captain
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I also had problems with them not following after zoning. If you are sure all of your sql files are sources, check your mysql settings. I had to go through and reconfigure it, making sure strict was off and it was set up for multilingual support or whatever. That seemed to fix it for me. Just make sure you followed the guides to installing MySQL.

Huppy
01-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Kewl. I actually have the UF and HoT spell files. I use the Underfoot client
from Steam. (the SoD one with UF). Mysql settings are fine. I think I have
the whole compile/setup memorized, I have re-installed so many times, LOL.
The only thing I do different is allow remote connections, so I can use some
tools from another box.