PDA

View Full Version : warrior player with clr bot.

secondattack
01-26-2011, 02:35 AM
i play a warrior, i have a clr bot in tow. if i leave the bot on follow, he melees with me and never heals.. if i make him guard he does nothing.. how do i correct this? atm we are level 5

Congdar
01-26-2011, 10:48 AM
unfortunately the new ai is lacking. i only get half the buffs from a cleric bot spell list, even with full mana. bot guard means 'don't attack'. bot follow is best.

secondattack
01-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh, okay.. well knowing is half the battle=) thnx.

werebat
01-26-2011, 02:52 PM
i play a warrior, i have a clr bot in tow. if i leave the bot on follow, he melees with me and never heals.. if i make him guard he does nothing.. how do i correct this? atm we are level 5

Monk with Cleric bot.
Is your bot grouped with you? I dont use follow or guard, I just spawn the bot and invite. She fights and heals until she gets a bunch of spells and then tends to only cast and not fight anymore. Works for the most part.

secondattack
01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
i have been looking at it a little closer, and he seems to be healing me with effect on the blackstar, mace of the night (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1976) that i twinked him with.. do i have to give him spells to mem or some thing? we are level 10 now and i still haven't seen him cast a single spell, aside for item effects.

werebat
01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Make sure you are doing a #bot update everytime you level. This will auto level your bot to match your level. It also levels when you give them items. Spells are automatically gained per the database settings as they level. Your bot should con white to you, if not then do the update command.

bad_captain
01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I assume this is on a private server? Make sure the bot_spells.sql file is sourced in. Check the npc_spells table for id 701, and npc_spells_entries table with npc_spells_id = 701. Those are the spells for clerics.

bad_captain
02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
unfortunately the new ai is lacking. i only get half the buffs from a cleric bot spell list, even with full mana.

I've been working on this and have made a little progress, but still see room for improvement. I've also added in spell recast timers. It helps them cycle through their spells instead of getting spells like ferine avatar or divine favor cast on everyone after every fight. I think the issue is more prevalent when you already have some buffs, and the bot keeps trying to cast the same buffs and not getting to later spells in their list. This sometimes works itself out after fighting once or twice, but sometimes they just don't rebuff when they should. I keep getting frustrated trying to debug this and usually end up working on other things.

secondattack
02-03-2011, 05:58 PM
bot_spells.sql

thats news to me and makes perfect sense now.. where can i find this SQL file?

Congdar
02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
you don't need it anymore since it's now in the database

Congdar
02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
but here's a link to it anyway
http://www.cerebus.net:8080/files/downloads/botspells.zip

secondattack
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
well my caster's still do not cast, i have checked npc_spells and npc_spells_entries, i see the bot rows in the npc_spells table, but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for on the other. using server 1843 and DB 1751 with all updates in the update folder ran, it seems that
this post and mine are very much alike..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32995

daerath
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
well my caster's still do not cast, i have checked npc_spells and npc_spells_entries, i see the bot rows in the npc_spells table, but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for on the other. using server 1843 and DB 1751 with all updates in the update folder ran, it seems that
this post and mine are very much alike..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32995

Circular references in posts. Excellent. =)

I added a bunch of debug output and I'll be testing it tonight to see what turns up. I also added some code so that Enchanters will be able to cast illusions on players as a test case (and because it wasn't there yet).

I should know more tonight after I get home and dig into this some more.

secondattack
02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
i was just reading that the server build could be the case so i downloaded ran and tested on EQEmu-Rev1771-Bots.zip (http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/detail?name=EQEmu-Rev1771-Bots.zip&can=1&q=) which lead me to believe thats in a DB issue, gonna back up a few custom npc tables and stuff then try rebuilding my DB with a slightly older version, see what happens, so far i'm just at a loss, and if i had any hair i'd be pulling it out =p

bad_captain
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Circular references in posts. Excellent. =)
I also added some code so that Enchanters will be able to cast illusions on players as a test case (and because it wasn't there yet).

The code was in there, but was changed to only be cast by #bot command because people got tired of being turned into scarecrows.. :)

daerath
02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
The code was in there, but was changed to only be cast by #bot command because people got tired of being turned into scarecrows.. :)

Scarecrow is awesome! I spent weeks of playtime as one. =)

secondattack
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
rebuilt my DB, sourced all required updates from C:\EQEmuSVNFiles\EQEmu\trunk\EQEmuServer\utils\sql \svn going back to 1711, did every single required update, also sourced bots.sql from the same folder, it drops botinventory table and doesn't replace it... sourced it back in from C:\EQEmuSVNFiles\EQEmu\DB\peqdatabase\player_table s that's fine working as it should. but i still have the same problem. bots will not cast any spells, i have checked and double checked everything that has been asked, wtf am i doing wrong?

secondattack
02-04-2011, 08:15 PM
ok i fixed it.. took me for ever but it works.

started with a fresh build for the 1751 DB, sourced anything that didn't say optional in the file name from C:\EQEmuSVNFiles\EQEmu\trunk\EQEmuServer\utils\sql \svn
went all the way back as far as i could, and sourced bot.sql from the same loc.
was banging my head against a wall there for awhile

Huppy
02-04-2011, 11:49 PM

The only problems I ever had when testing out a cleric bot, when it wasn't
healing, I had to play with the spells, because it only casted a HoT all the
time. It seemed there was no direct heal, but eventually fixed that and
tested it out in Valdeholm. I just let the mob beat on me without fighting
back, and found the bot would only cast a direct heal after my health was
down to less than 50-60% (sometimes even got a exceptional heal)
But believe it or not the only other problem I noticed, was the heals were
as reliable as the "Sony Mercs" LOL. Once in awhile, it sat there and did
nothing, out of the blue ...

daerath
02-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Got it working as well. I went through every update and examined the changes to ensure I wasn't going to break anything.

It turns out that was a good idea because a number of the updates will cause tables to be dropped and recreated, but you'll lose a lot of data in the process that the patch won't put back.

Here are the patch files I had to run.

1723_required_sql_corruption - Added this one manually because one of the entries already existed.
1736_optional_sql_feral_swipe
1737_required_sql_rule_and_aa_update
1753_required_sql_healing_adept_aa
1754_required_sql_healing_adept_aa_fix
1755_required_sql_fear_resist_aas
1786_required_update_to_aas
1790_required_aa_required_level_cost
1793_resist_adjust <-- This is probably the root cause (thanks bad_captain)
1803_required_tasks_xpreward_signed
1804_required_ae_melee_updates
1802_required_doppelganger - Change IDs to 682, 683, 684 and then run. You have to do this or it won't run successfully, and if you do, you can ignore 1813_required_doppleganger_npcid_change.

Thanks to bad_captain and Congdar for the advice!