PDA

View Full Version : Stun Bug

wanker
10-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Whenever a creature gets stunned (I can only speak for anarchy, but I'm guessing this is the case for other stuns as well) it will stay stunned for either an extremely long duration or indefinately. For example, if I go up to a mob with a SoD and get a proc hit on it, I can back off for 30+ seconds without it coming after me, whereas anarchy is only supposed to last for a second or two. Sorry I can't be more specific, all I know is this has happened to me on all servers I've played on, both green and black, so I'm guessing it's not just a problem with one server.

Kaiyodo
10-05-2002, 12:00 AM
I think I know why this bug occurs. It will occur with spells that have a stun component which isn't the primary effect, in this specific case Anarchy has damage as it's main component and the stun as a secondary effect.

The code assumes that the duration of a stun spell is the base value of the first effect in the spell ..

Spells.cpp : Line 577

CastToClient()->Stun(spells[spell_id].base[0]);

For anarchy this value will be -171. What it should be using is the value of base[1] as the stun is the second spell effect. This gives a more reasonable value of '1'.

The reason you get such a long stun is that when -171 is converted to an unsigned number somewhere on the way to the stun function it becomes (assuming a 16 bit value) 65365. That's a 65 second stun!

K.

kathgar
10-05-2002, 05:14 AM
Fixed. Change base[0] to base[i] and recompile.