PDA

View Full Version : Cleric bot heal percentage

provocating
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Has anyone been able to change when the cleric bot heals ? I notice that if you are just low on health the cleric bot does not heal, you have to be really low on health for him to. But if he is at 100% mana, I do not see why you should not get a full heal.

Huppy
03-11-2011, 11:21 PM
When I was testing and configuring the cleric bot on my own server, I was
having a problem with it constantly casting a HoT, and no direct heals or
complete heals. I went in to the npc spells cleric bots and changed some
priorities on them, as well as adding some direct heals that weren't there.
In the end, the cleric bot started healing me when I was down to 50-60%
with direct heals, and HoT's in between.

c0ncrete
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
One of the main problems is that all priest bots check to see if a group member is in combat when it was checking for who to heal and what to cast on them. The function used for this only checks for a populated hate list. Clients only use the hate list when they are under AI control (charmed).

That being said, I think bad_captain is still doing a great deal of re-evaluation of the bot spell casting AI.

provocating
03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I played again today, I had a cleric and druid in my party. I was level 65 and at 53% health and they buffed but never healed.

bad_captain
03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope to have my changes in soon. I just changed jobs and haven't had much time lately. I think it will significantly improve the healing.

provocating
03-30-2011, 11:04 PM
I also noticed that the Cleric bot does not give an HP buff, which is a huge loss. Where is the cleric bot spell list in the bot.cpp or in the DB ?

Huppy
03-31-2011, 04:49 PM
I also noticed that the Cleric bot does not give an HP buff, which is a huge loss. Where is the cleric bot spell list in the bot.cpp or in the DB ?

In your DB tables, npc_spells_entries there is a column named npc_spells_id
where you would see various entries of 701 (which is cleric bot)

provocating
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah and I had already found those, made a query to look at them. Suddenly the Cleric Bot started casting Hand of Virtue after a while. Not sure why he was on strike for so long.

c0ncrete
04-11-2011, 07:25 AM
If I remember correctly, bots won't recast group buffs that are already in effect for ANY group member.

bad_captain
04-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Well, they will only recast if they themselves are missing the buff. Really, in the buffing code, they only check a group spell on themselves.

provocating
04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I have another post where I talk about a few changes I made to change that for me.