PDA

View Full Version : item creater...

deaddraqear
03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Edit: I know i spelled creator wrong in topic title.. brain fart or something =P

Ok, I've read just about every post on here regarding the MYSQL Connection FAILED!-Check db.ini and did you install my ODBC drivers? problem..

I have installed the drivers.

I have ran the register_ocx.bat and they all succeeded.

I have tried every combination for host/user/password/database to no avail.

I have uninstalled the drivers, deleted the item creator app, redownloaded both the driver pack and item creator, and tried again.

Running server on this pc, so leaving host as localhost (but i have tried it with my IP)

Now, just to make sure I'm not completely retarded, (which may very well be the case), user = mysql username, password = mysql password, database = same database you specify in eqemu_config? (user and password info are also in there)

My eq folder is the default installation destination (everquest_folder=c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest)

My db.ini file =

host=localhost
user=root
password=(password)
database=peq
everquest_folder=c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest

//everquest_folder this is for SPELL LIST SOURCING FROM SPELLS_US.TXT!! -- NEEDED IF YOU MAKE CUSTOM SPELLS
//for example - everquest_folder=c:\everquest

Now, unless I'm making a totally nub (I am VERY new to this) mistake, I believe I did everything right. Is there a set path on where I should have my eqitems app or ini file in?

Not sure that it matters at all, but my server is on public server list and works...

What am I doin wrong? =(

gredesh
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Have you rebooted since installing odbc drivers?

Everything looks right. I would try redoing your db.ini settings. Sometimes you make mistakes in typing in the password or something and you'd be amazed at how many times you can glance over it.

Instead of localhost you could try 127.0.0.1

deaddraqear
03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Have tried rebooting since reinstallation of EVERYTHING and getting my server back online, as well as the ODBC drivers.. Have tried changing host to 127.0.0.1 and I still get the error...

gredesh
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Try creating a new mysql user with full access and use that.

deaddraqear
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Nope.. not working either. Obviously, the connection test tool fails as well...

Unless I'm missing something stupid, I'll just create/mod items using navicat =\

trevius
03-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Did you set MySQL to allow remote connection? And did you set a host address for the new account you made for it? If you can test the account you made in Navicat and it works, I think it should work for the editor as well, but been a while since I ran my DB on the same box as my server.

deaddraqear
03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Just reconfigured to allow remote connections.. But I'm extremely new to this sorta thing so I'm not entirely sure how to set host addy for new mysql user.. Could I trouble you for help on that one? =P

I actually made the account using command prompt, but went ahead and made another on navicat, both have full privileges and both can access server/db on navicat but I get the same error every time on the item creator... /shrug

Before I forget or let frustration get the best of me.. thank you both for replying =)

GeorgeS
03-21-2011, 11:58 PM
What version of the PEQ database are you using?
Do my other tools work? == There is also a connection checking tool- that is db schema agnostic.

Remote connection? - not sure if anyone has this working with the tools.

GeorgeS

deaddraqear
03-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Hey there GeorgeS, ty for replying =)

I'm using the current DB I believe, 1751. The connection test fails as well. I get the error on the npc loot editor as well, but it loads up. But, once I try load anything, it gives me the error again and closes.

Am I supposed to be unpacking these in any specific location at all? I know setting the server up, I set the zlib directory just in "My Documents", set the directory in right spot on C++ but it still failed.. had to move it to C:\zlib then worked just fine.

I'm probably making 1 small mistake (I've checked db.ini at least 100 times to make sure everything is 100% correct and it is)

copy/pasted

host=localhost
user=item
password=(password)
database=peq
everquest_folder=c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest

Have tried using an underscore between program and files too, thinkin it couldn't hurt.. certainly didn't hurt but didn't help either =\

edit: have tried from root user as well (both have full privileges)

trevius
03-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Yeah, GeorgeS, they all work remotely just fine. I use them to connect remote on my own LAN, and my other dev connects to them remotely from another location fine as well.

What Operating System are you running, deaddraqear? Maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't have my db.ini available from here, but I think you may need quotes around your EQ folder path like this:

everquest_folder="c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest"

Any time a space is in the path, quotes are generally required. Though, I don't think that will effect your DB connection attempts, you would get another error most likely.

Also, have you tried setting the actual IP of your PC as the host vs just setting it to localhost? Not sure if that will make a difference, but should be worth a shot. Probably something like 192.168.1.100.

GeorgeS
03-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Since the connection checking tool failed, it's not the schema in all likely-hood, but either your connection may be blocked at the firewall, or your user/password is not right.

Have you logged into the database with a database tool like heidisql or something similar?

my login - as it's provided with the tools

host=localhost
user=eq
password=eq
database=peq_1751
everquest_folder=c:\EverQuest_SOD

//everquest_folder this is for SPELL LIST SOURCING FROM SPELLS_US.TXT!! -- NEEDED IF YOU MAKE CUSTOM SPELLS
//for example - everquest_folder=c:\everquest

GeorgeS

deaddraqear
03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm running windows xp currently, guess i should have mentioned this earlier =\

I have tried putting my actual IP in, and just tried the quotes around the EQ path just now and still getting failed message. (and just about every other combination I can think of)

I am using navicat lite right now to access/edit DB, but not sure if that is what you mean George, but heidisql can access DB as well

As for the connection being blocked? Iono, currently I'm not using a firewall or a router. Password is the same password I use for everything and 10000% sure its spelled correctly, and the 2 users (use the same pw) are both root and item so..

deaddraqear
03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Would it be easier to just get my 2nd comp put back together and run the server on linux and access it that way? =P I plan on doing that eventually anyway.. =P

deaddraqear
03-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Well, I got rid of the error.. but nothing popping up when I try opening anything. Connection test failing still tho..

In the db.ini, under DB it requires the actual folder name rather then the "set" db (eqemu_config and mysql both have db set to peq rather then actual folder name) if ya get what I mean.

trevius
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
It needs to be set to your database name. If the database you created is named peq (which is what many guides tell you to name it by default), then you would use:

database=peq

I am not sure what you mean about folder for your database. Folders and databases are 2 completely separate things.

deaddraqear
03-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, when I was using peq as the database, I would get the error. Changed the database (figuring it certainly wouldn't hurt) setting to peqdb (and i did NOT name the database this), I got rid of the error... I really think I have a fucked up windows install to be honest, as this isn't the first thing that just hasn't worked the way it should..

trevius
03-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I just tried messing up my db.ini and the only way I could reproduce your original error was by setting the wrong username, password, or database name in there. BTW, I dunno if it is confirmed, but I saw someone say they couldn't use underscores in the name of their database for the editor. If that is true, it makes me wonder if there might be issues with passwords and usernames that contain special characters as well. I would suggest trying just using an alpha-numberic username, password and database name and see if that makes any difference.

Also, when I set the wrong folder name/path, it doesn't give an error, but it just opens the splash screen and is not clickable at all. I have to close it with task manager. If that is what you are getting now, then maybe you just have the wrong path. If you move EQ directly to something like "C:\Everquest_Emu\", then you won't have to worry about that space between program files anymore.

deaddraqear
03-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Hrm, yeah.. getting the splash screen but I too have to force close it.. My password is alphanumeric as well.. I will try moving the eq directory..

If all else fails, I'm going to just reinstall a different windows.. Using windows black (windows xp) but and I really believe that is causing half my problems =\

Others cant access my server either, but thats another matter for a different section.. hah.. I really think a reinstall is due..

In any case, thx again trevius =) will letcha know in a bit if moving eq worked

edit: Nope, getting an error sound now but nothing to display.. I think I'll just download winborg or something tonight, and start everything over in the morning.. =\

deaddraqear
03-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Just wanna let you guys know, finally got windows reinstalled and server setup again, and the item creator works just fine =) Thx Trevius and GeorgeS for helping out