PDA

View Full Version : Custom race/class quest

deaddraqear
03-29-2011, 10:33 PM
If I was wanting to create a NPC strictly for barbarians to change classes, (getting rid of berserker and adding ranger), how would I do this? My first experiment failed, as the npc will allow any race and class to change to one of the four classes, and there is no change in his dialogue. (was hoping he would tell an erudite for example to go find his own race etc)

If anyone would help me out, correct my mistakes, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance =)

#############
#Quest Name: Barbarian Class Choice
#Author: KMFW
#NPCs Involved: 1
#Items Involved: 0
#################
###NPC 1
#Name: Renth_McLanis
#Race: N/A
#Location: N/A
#Level: N/A
#Type: N/A
#Loot: N/A
#############

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
if($$class ne 'Berserker')

#Allows the following: ($race == 'Barbarian')
{
quest::say("Hello $name, I am Renth McLanis. I was sent here from our home to make sure our fellow barbarians are training where they should. We support the following classes: Ranger, Rogue, Shaman and Warrior. If you are not one of these, you will have to change classes before you are allowed to advance.");
}
else
{
quest::say("Greetings $race. I'm sorry to be blunt, but I can do nothing for you. Perhaps you should seek out your proper race.");
}
}
if($text=~/warrior/i)
{
quest::permaclass(1);
}
if($text=~/ranger/i)
{
quest::permaclass(4);
}
if($text=~/rogue/i)
{
quest::permaclass(9);
}
if($text=~/shaman/i)
{
quest::permaclass(10);
}
}

sorvani
03-29-2011, 11:04 PM
completely untested, but you had a couple logic errors and a double $$ one time.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($race == 'Barbarian')
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hello $name, I am Renth McLanis. I was sent here from our home to make sure our fellow barbarians are training where they should. We support the following classes: Ranger, Rogue, Shaman and Warrior. If you are not one of these, you will have to change classes before you are allowed to advance.");
}
else
{
quest::say("Greetings $race. I'm sorry to be blunt, but I can do nothing for you. Perhaps you should seek out your proper race.");
}
if($text=~/warrior/i)
{
}
if($text=~/ranger/i)
{
}
if($text=~/rogue/i)
{
}
if($text=~/shaman/i)
{
}
}
}

deaddraqear
03-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Hrmm, didn't notice the $$ (was copy/pasting a bit).. Thx for pointing mistakes out =)

It honestly works just like it did before tho, allows any race/class to change and no difference in text being any race. Was hoping he'd only talk to me if i was a barb pretty much.

deaddraqear
03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Ok, after playing with it for a few minutes, I got him to respond to hail accordingly, (telling me to look for my race if anything but barbarian), but if I just say "warrior", he still changes me, regardless of race..

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
if($race ne 'Iksar' && $race ne 'Troll' && $race ne 'Ogre' && $race ne 'Dark Elf' && $race ne 'Froklok' && $race ne 'Gnome' && $race ne 'Vah Shir' && $race ne 'Human' && $race ne 'Erudite' && $race ne 'Wood Elf' && $race ne 'High Elf' && $race ne 'Half Elf' && $race ne 'Dwarf' && $race ne 'Halfling' && $race ne 'Drakkin')

#Allows the following: ($race == 'Barbarian')
{
}
else
{
}
}
if($text=~/warrior/i)
{
}
if($text=~/ranger/i)
{
}
if($text=~/rogue/i)
{
}
if($text=~/shaman/i)
{
}
}

lerxst2112
03-30-2011, 12:37 AM
You have a class check for the hail response, but no class check on any of the other options. That's why anyone can say the proper word and change class.

That also seems like a rather roundabout way of limiting the class, but that's up to you.

deaddraqear
03-30-2011, 12:44 AM
I agree on the roundabout thing.. (first time I've ever messed with scripting) Working on setting the class checks now, but somewhere I missed something and npc changed my class upon hailing so starting over..

I originally wanted 1 npc that could change race/class dependent on what I want, not every race/class. (ie, barb = rogue/war/shm/rang, de = bard etc)

Would you happen to know how to accomplish this?

Well, got it working now =) Thx for shoving me in the right directions I was needing.

sorvani
03-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Go back to my script and change the race check to use 'eq' instead of '=='?

I've barely started pkaying with quests myself so my code syntax may be wrong. But the logic in mine should wrap everything in the barbarian if statement.