PDA

View Full Version : Mage Bot - Protection of Calliav

provocating
04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I create a mage bot group with 3 mages. I noticed that roughly ever 6 seconds they are casting Protection of Calliav on the pets, at least 2 of the mage bots are....the third one in the group is not casting the spell. Strangest thing.

provocating
04-02-2011, 11:49 PM
I confirmed that with just one Mage Bot the spell is being cast roughly every 12-15 seconds. I checked and the spell is supposed to last 36 minutes or 5 hits, not matter how hard of the hits. The spellid is 4081.

provocating
04-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Okay I do know what is causing it now.

I had enabled botgroupbuffing in the rules table. I am guessing that the bot is maybe trying to buff me along with the pet and of course he cannot buff me with this spell so he keeps retrying until he runs out of mana.

After I get done with some things this morning I am going to look through the bot code. Not sure if my skill level is what is needs to be to make a fix though.

EDIT -----

I just noticed that multiple Magician bots in the group still fight over the spell Protection of Calliav, no matter what the rule value is set to.

provocating
04-03-2011, 12:58 PM
And just for testing purposes I recompiled mine to Rev 1880 and did the optional and required SQL updates. I am still seeing the issue. I may temporarily remove the spell until Monday when I have more time to look into it.

provocating
04-05-2011, 12:43 PM
After changing the spells txt files and the zone revamp files on my UF client, the problem seemed to have went away. So it was on my end.

bad_captain
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
With the code I committed last night, bots should now respect spell recast times, which doesn't exactly address this issue, but they should no longer repeatedly cast this, or ferine avatar, or whatever..