PDA

View Full Version : plugin::DoAnim(2hslash) / (2hblunt) / (2hpierce)

Robregen
05-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I was fiddling with the doanim plugins and the 2hand anim causes my quest to not work. I took out the "2" in anim.pl so instead of plugin:DoAnim(2hslash), its plugin:DoAnim(hslash) and it works like it should. I think having a number in parathesis causes it to glitch or not work. Thought i report this. Thanks for the wonderful plugins overall. =)

Akkadius
05-27-2011, 10:19 PM
I was fiddling with the doanim plugins and the 2hand anim causes my quest to not work. I took out the "2" in anim.pl so instead of plugin:DoAnim(2hslash), its plugin:DoAnim(hslash) and it works like it should. I think having a number in parathesis causes it to glitch or not work. Thought i report this. Thanks for the wonderful plugins overall. =)

They work just fine if you quote your strings inside the arguement:

plugin::DoAnim("2hslash");
plugin::DoAnim("2hblunt");
plugin::DoAnim("2hpierce");

Let me know if you need anything else.

8 D

Thanks, ~Akka

Robregen
05-27-2011, 10:26 PM
ah okay, didn't even cross my mind to use the quotes. Thanks for the head up. =)

ChaosSlayerZ
05-28-2011, 11:04 AM
I am curious why you need plugin for something simple this at all?

whats wrong with:

quest::doanim(1);
?

Akkadius
05-28-2011, 12:27 PM
I am curious why you need plugin for something simple this at all?

whats wrong with:

quest::doanim(1);
?

Think of it like DNS, it's name resolution so that when you are scripting you don't need to remember an address or a number but rather a naming scheme to a commonly used list of animations

ChaosSlayerZ
05-29-2011, 12:09 AM
well true, I was just surprised, cause usually plugins used for some really complex shit that normally takes 5-20 lines of code to do something :)

Akkadius
05-29-2011, 12:20 AM
well true, I was just surprised, cause usually plugins used for some really complex shit that normally takes 5-20 lines of code to do something :)

Doesn't always have to be.

Could be as simple as

plugin::SetProx(20, 20);

All reducing redundant and simple code:

#Akkadius
#Usage plugin::SetProx(X/Y Axis Range, Z Axis Range);
sub SetProx{
my $Range = $_[0];
my $Z = $_[1];
my $x = plugin::val('$x');
my $y = plugin::val('$y');
my $npc = plugin::val('$npc');
my $z = $npc->GetZ();
quest::set_proximity($x - $Range, $x + $Range, $y - $Range, $y + $Range, $z - $Z, $z + $Z);
}

ChaosSlayerZ
05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
now that's an awesome plugin! =)