PDA

View Full Version : Linkdead issues

dragon123
10-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Whenever I log in with the emu I am about to go LD.

Setting datarate default to 10.0 did not help at all, neither did setting it to 5.0 nor 1.0. Shutting down 3 zones of the boot5zones.bat does not help either.

The only workaround is to spam a "#datarate 1.0"-hotkey which the system either accepts...or not. Pure luck to get it through in time.

Kinda funny to have zero packetloss from Europe to USA while going LD on your own localhost :)

D

Zafar
10-10-2002, 11:23 AM
I know the feeling very well over here. I used the default 5.0, then 7.0, even 6.0 for the heck of it, 10.0 and now I am at 12.0 and none of them seem to function at all. I even shut down the zones like you said, same thing -- and I even had the server on a seperate machine and still, the same thing. I wish I had a solid answer for you, cause I know others are going through the same thing with other servers. :'(

Whenever I log in with the emu I am about to go LD.

Setting datarate default to 10.0 did not help at all, neither did setting it to 5.0 nor 1.0. Shutting down 3 zones of the boot5zones.bat does not help either.

The only workaround is to spam a "#datarate 1.0"-hotkey which the system either accepts...or not. Pure luck to get it through in time.

Kinda funny to have zero packetloss from Europe to USA while going LD on your own localhost :)

D

Lurker_005
10-11-2002, 06:16 AM
The client won't accept a datarate above 10.0 If anything above that is used, it drops back to 10.0

Double check that you don't have any errors in the world or zone windows, or that a zone window is closing whne you enter the zone. Try it with just 1 zone runing (won't be able to zone without a second one though) Also try it without loading the DB Addon

Just edit datarate.txt to read the datarate you want, no need to spam a command with a hot key. And generally you want datarate 10.0 not 1.0

Drewfus
10-18-2002, 09:28 AM
I have had the same problem with going LD ever since I started playing around with EQEMU. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work like I would like. We log in and sometimes we get booted right out of the game just as quick as we get in. Sometimes we don't get kicked immediately but we sit back and watch the counter countdown to liftoff. And of course there is the few times that we get in and actually get to run around for a little bit before we get kicked. I tried everything but couldn't get it to work. I always felt that MY problem was that I was trying to run the server and the game from a 566 celeron. I figured that when the computer was required to find something in the database that I was loosing connectivity because my processor was in use by the server. I finally broke down and put the server on one machine and connected to the server with my 566 celeron machine. The game is working awesome and I do not get disconnected no matter how long I am on. The connection is perfect and just as an example before when I tried to summon items I would have to wait (if it didn't disconnect me out right) but now when I summon them they appear instantly. My suggestion to anyone out there that is using just one computer to run the server and the EMU try to get another computer and run it like I did. I think this will solve your problems.