PDA

View Full Version : .39 issues/buglist ive found

Wynsom
10-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Bugs new to this ver-
Z Axis- The skydiving players and NPCs is back again in this version, makes playing with others impossible in most zones.

Loot- Loot tables drop only 1 item, the same item, every time.

Spell Interruption- seems like i can only cast spells 1 of 10 tries. When i do cast, i get a 'regains concentration' message. May have something to do with Z axis problem?

Bugs that need attention:
I am trying to run a legit playing server (The Tigurius) but so far it seems people only like to exploit. Ok, I can deal with that since it helps identify weaknesses in the software. Heres whats happening:

Aggo- First person to piss off a monster is the only focus of a monster unless its rooted, then the rules switch to closest player. So what happens in my server is people sow, then hit a monster and kite it while another person kills it. Thus lvl 10 players are killing lvl 40 monsters and such.

Charm Spells- Charm has no level limit and no fixed duration- it lasts forever. So people get ENCs to lvl 12 to get charm, then from there, they can kill any monster in the game using charm.

2h Weapon Delay- It seems all 2h weapons have the same delay. I tested this by making a very high delay weapon, and a low delay weapon (both 2hs). They struck at the same rate. 1h weapons seem to be working ok.

Faction? I dont want to say this is a bug because it may be disabled intentionally but scowling npcs are not attacking. Only a select few are.

DuDeMaN
10-11-2002, 04:16 AM
bah, for one i would like to know wtf the point is running an emu server if you dont want people to 'cheat', or 'exploit things'... isnt that the point of emu in the first place? they might as well be playing eqlive :p....

just curious

kathgar
10-11-2002, 05:20 AM
I put PROVITIONAL charm code in to see if I could just charm a mob...the problem is i'm trying to find the level limits in the spells_en.. and then I have to make it duration based.. just #ban them for being gay

TheClaus
10-11-2002, 07:10 AM
bah, for one i would like to know wtf the point is running an emu server if you dont want people to 'cheat', or 'exploit things'... isnt that the point of emu in the first place? they might as well be playing eqlive :p....

just curious

The point for a emulator EQ server is to emulate EQ. I can never understand why people think that the emulator is some sort of cheat server program. It is here to make a server just like EQ. People that exploit just make the game no fun. Now I have no problems with making the game different or changing the ruleset so that things happen faster than in live EQ but to cheat and exploit things takes the fun out of the game.

A while back people actually were using the emu to create different worlds other than EQ or they were using it to create side stories that they thought would be cool. So reporting the bugs are a good thing. Makes the server stable and makes the game fun when they are fixed.

I can't believe I am going to agree with kathgar on this but to the people that exploit and are not making the game fun I hope people start #ban you for being gay.

Wynsom
10-11-2002, 08:31 AM
The real reason I make my server legit is beacuse I love creating quests and original content you cant find anywhere else. I have spent many hours in working on the db to add unique NPCs and items, and so far i have had dozens of people saying they loved it. But it sucks when you get the people playing it to enjoy, then you get the others who just want to find ways of getting around it and cheat. The only reason i dont ban them is because they are finding the loopholes. I will eventually player wipe when stuff gets fixed and start being more strict about cheaters.

astemus
10-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Yeah, at this point in the emulator's life, these loopholes are just means to an end. I love Tigurius' server... and I'm not really exploiting things to get phat lewts, but it helps to identify problems. If you guys want some info about Bugs, just log onto the Tigurius' server and talk to some people there, they've most likely dealt with most of them leveling there.