PDA

View Full Version : Newbie setting up LAN server... Need help!

TheShrew
02-08-2002, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure what I ahve done wrong. I cannot get to the character select screen from the login screen. It is telling me I have been diconnected form the patch server or something to that effect. I read on the forums that that is an indication that I was unable to connect to the world server. Here is what my db and my loginserver look like

# READ README.TXT!

starred out L/P
[Database]
host=localhost
user=******
password=******
database=eq

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
worldname=Unnamed server
locked=false
worldaddress=
account=
password=

Also what ports do I need to open up on my router. I have a feeling this might have somthing to do with it. But then again I have never done this before.

Baltar
02-09-2002, 06:31 AM
how bout trying 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost (should be the same but eh what the hell...) Are you trying to connect from the same computer or a computer outside of the network?

Baron Sprite
02-09-2002, 06:59 AM
ok I use a LAN with a hub and use my own firewall, but: Make sure your DB and LS are pointed at your network address, I suggest making it static. Then free open the ports that it show things connect too when you start them, the mini login ect. If you are using gotfrags however, I can't help you out, no idea ;) All my stuff is local to my LAN

TheShrew
02-09-2002, 11:56 AM
I got it figured out. Turns out I was using the wrong version of EQW. I only had 2.0 not 2.2 *shrug* no I have another question. where can I get that file of spawns? dwarnes I think it is?

Baron Sprite
02-09-2002, 01:12 PM
http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/spawndata0.4.zip