PDA

View Full Version : Idea: graphical NPC/world editor

Drawde
10-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Using the NWN toolset/editor gave me an idea for a similar (though much simplified)
utility for EQEmu. I've often wanted to create a custom world for EQEmu but have been
put off by having to work out the location of every single NPC by using #loc and writing
down the results! Converting ShowEQ lists is fine for recreating the standard Verant EQ world, but creating a custom or modified world is a very slow, tedious process.
So what about a graphical zone NPC editor? EQEmuAdmin has a 2D NPC location
viewer/editor (very slow however), I remember there being a 3D zone
geometry viewer in the past, and there's also an object/NPC model viewer; would it be possible to
combine these ideas into an editor that lets you view the zone geometry in 3D (if texturing isn't possible,
wireframe or flat-shaded would do, and be faster as well) then click on a location to place a NPC, or an existing
NPC to move/edit it? Maybe it might be possible to eventually combine the editor with some of EQEmuAdmin's features,
like the item viewer/editor, to create a full "toolset" for customising the world.
Just an idea, but I was wondering how possible it would be.

Lurker_005
10-14-2002, 07:31 AM
Well one thought has been to use Macroquest to spawn the mobs in game, and output the propper SQL statments to a log file. Come to think of it, it might be possible to fully manage spawns from in game this way. It's gonna take some nice macros to get it working well though.

Bardboy
10-30-2002, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about using Macros, but found that it is way beyond the capability of that program. I would like to use some sort of Direct 3d overlay, like the one used in OGC cheat. If anyone plays Half-life Counter-Strike, you know what I mean. If not take a look at the source code here, http://www.cs-hacked.com/

DeletedUser
10-30-2002, 07:35 AM
ogc nub
-----------

creating an editor tool like NWN would take a lot of dedication.

mByte
10-31-2002, 11:22 AM
Xylobot uses an overlay for eq. Perhaps take that technology and use it?

If there was a way to #command and save the spawn you just did in the game that would be really helpful. I am not sure if there is such a command yet. I have been gone for over a month and have to wait for the next minilogin release.