PDA

View Full Version : Most complete?

UnnamedAtrophy
10-14-2002, 03:29 PM
Been away from the emulator for awhile, anyone know of the most current, up-to-date and realistic db of the eq world including spawns, items, quests, etc that is currently available.. I'm using the 3.6 one that I found on the forums here, but wondering if there's another that's newer/better?

O6scured
10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
I had the same question a couple days ago. What I did was I sourced the one that comes with the emu. Then sourced the update. Then I sourced the 3.6 addon followed by the 3.9 on the news page. It runs fine cept theres alot... alot of mobs in 3.6 and I cant run it on the same computer I play the game on :(. Unfortunately I dont have a 2nd computer to really run the server off of so I kinda been slow at playing with the emu.

UnnamedAtrophy
10-15-2002, 04:53 AM
i did what you did.. maybe missed a step somewhere but there are like 5 mobs per spawn in some spot.. no roamers or anything.. So, what youre saying is this is the most accurate release to date?

Korisha
10-15-2002, 05:14 AM
its actually the coding right now that keeps them stationary (as in noone is exactly sure what the coding is to make them walk thier normal paths) not an easy task to do, and I personally am going to wait for each update to the emu to see what gets improved because its personally I think its pretty kewlies that its as complete as it is, as for the multi spawns, thats a problem that most people have, its not an error, its normal, nothing to worry about, and as I can tell, it is one of the most complete db I've seen yet, and I've tried both of the other two emulators too, this so far is the best :) (and honestly I think it will remain to be as long as the programers maintain thier willingness to keep going on this project :) )

DeletedUser
10-15-2002, 08:26 AM
Thats the way the NPCs are collected, multiple ppl collect the same mobs and they were combined. As for the pathing, we would need to create a special level editor to get that all setup, very time consuming.

Lurker_005
10-15-2002, 08:51 AM
Start with a new DB, source DB.sql fom 3.9, then run the install for the DA Addon 3.9

Drewfus
10-18-2002, 10:28 AM
It is pretty hard to find in the forums the best way to create your database.

I started with the 3.9 dbs and the update.
Then I added 3.6 addon.
Then I added the 3.9 add on and it worked ok.

I followed the steps from Lurker and got a clean soruce but I did not get any mobs. I am just guessing but anyone that wants mobs in their game needs to download and sorce the files from 3.6 and the addon. Anyone know if this is correct or is there a better order to create the best and latest database.

mudman
11-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Sorry I am confused seems everyone has a diferent system is this right

1- install eqemu with its eq database in mysql

2- source the addon in the main eqemu page EQEmu-0.3.11-DB-addon.zip (by running the batch file in it.)

3- source EQEmu-0.3.6-Addon.zip*( by "use eq.db" "source resource.sql)

4-source EQEmu-0.3.9-Addon.zip (by running the batch file in it.)

Thanks

Mudman

Lurker_005
11-11-2002, 12:57 PM
mudman:

Just do 1 and 2

The 3.11 Addon is all the data I have compiled into a database. Don't use any other versions with it.

The 3.9 Addon was missing the spawns, that is why people were installing the 3.6 then 3.9