PDA

View Full Version : Odd question

Norvak
10-15-2002, 03:04 PM
If I wanted to alter where a player started when they made their level 1 newbie, where could I do that?

say I wanted to drop a freshly made level 1 Iksar shaman into City of Mist instead of Cabilis, where in the database would I do this?

Norvak
10-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Hmm. Well seems no one knows.

Ok. Here's the reason I'm asking anyway. I plan to completely redo my database. I plan to use quests and events to let people think it's been some time, maybe something like 20 years, since the Sleeper was awakened. During that twenty years, wars broke out more and powers shifted. I'm starting with Kunark and working my way out towards other areas, but here's what I had in mind to start with:

Cabilis is abandoned and haunted.

The Iksar are seperated into two factions, one loyal to Venril Sathir and one searching a restructuring and open negotiations with other races. The loyalists would be in control of the outpost in Overthere and Karnor's Castle. Seperatists would be in control of City of Mist and have some representatives in Firona Vie.

Faction work for these two would make it where if you gained faction with one, you'd lose it with the other.

That's all for the Iksar. I'm still working out with what I'd do with the other races like the goblins, sarnaks, and giants.

So that's why I'm trying to figure out how to change starting points.

Sweeper
10-17-2002, 01:31 AM
that sounds great but its a lot of job to do =)

Norvak
10-17-2002, 02:13 AM
Yeah. I know it's going to be a LOT of work, but that's one reason I want to do it. :)

I got to thinking..Why try to get a very accurate DB when I could just make the whole damn thing the way I want it?

We'll see how it goes. I'm probably going to need help with ideas and implimentation as the project progresses.

devn00b
10-17-2002, 04:02 AM
its in the DB... check through it.

Norvak
10-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Thanks /dev/n00b.

I was hunting through the database with the admin tool and again with the MySQL Front GUI, but in both cases, I wasn't able to find it. Odd. It's not a major big deal. I can still work it with the current starting points, but I'd like to be able to set new ones.

Another problem is the zone points. I've been updating them left and right in the admin tool to no avail. Still zonening into Trakannon and getting dropped on my head for 10000 dmg. Heh. :P

I checked the cfg files for the zones, but it only seems to show the zone's short name and the Long Name before displaying some machine language. Not sure how to read that.