PDA

View Full Version : Classic EQ Project

Wynsom
10-15-2002, 03:33 PM
I have begun work on a Classic EQ DB, which is the original 3 continents and their zones and their state... 3 years ago. Rubi drops, manastones, jboots from najena... the list can go on. I loved EQ the most how it was and I want to recreate a db to bring back the experience. There will be some changes to the server as well (like lvl 50 limit, removal of post classic spells, aa pts etc) but the main focus is the db for now.

However, I can't do this alone. It takes a full week, working a little each day on the db, to remake a zone. (I'm starting from scratch to keep it clean and accuate as possible) At this rate, it will take a year to make the db by myself. I am looking for anyone interested to help build up the db. I only ask that you are familiar with MySQL and EQ 3 years ago.

Down the road, I want the server to reflect as close as possible how eq was when it started. That includes every quest I can find, every item, every npc with the same faces, textures, every removed rare spawn...the whole nine yards.

You can contact me as the server op on the Tigurius server or the server webpage (http://tigurius_server.tripod.com) if you are interested in working with me on the project. There has been alot of enthusiasum over the idea on the server and I decided its gotta be attempted!

Thanks

kunta
10-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Is it going to include all the false promises of EQ? And all the bugs and patches? =)

EmuSharky
10-16-2002, 01:02 AM
Heya,
The old world Everquest database sounds like a great idea. I will be willing to help you (in between many other projects I'm currently working on/ enhancments) .

Contact me @ - pagernet@yahoo.com

+Sharky S'es.

Wynsom
10-16-2002, 05:56 AM
I want it to remove the nerfs that have been made since if thats what you mean. =D

Trumpcard
10-16-2002, 06:55 AM
I like what youre doing ! Alot of quest related changes are coming up soon, so hang tight before getting to deep into the quests. I spoke with Wes about it, and he thinks its going to be vastly different once they finish. I started working on alot of the quests for Halas, but after talking to him decided to hold off and see how the quest structure is going to change. This is one of the areas holding off the establishment of a good ground floor up server. Right now the servers are still novelties to play around on, summon stuff, goof off and kill dragons in Veeshan. Once quest structure, factions, and guild trainers are at 100%, we can start building a server where you could actually progress from 1-20 and get a good, decent feel for the low end of the game. Once a good server gets established, you could actually create a series of servers using the same database to provide for better availability, you'd just need to do something like do a nightly merge of the databases on the servers, that way work you did on one server would show up on the other the next day.

Cool webpage! Nice to see someone creating a server and keeping a good change log on it. I'd love to help in bits and pieces, my time is pretty tight, but be happy to help you out where I can. Good luck!

kunta
10-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Sweet server. Is there a rogue trainer somewhere? Cause the rogue guy in the Bazaar isnt one, and neither is the one in Halas.

DeletedUser
11-16-2002, 07:50 PM
A friend and I have been interested in this.

As quoted from my friend:
I'd give my left nut for an old pre kunark verant server without the GMs.

I saw your site and thought, popups, eek! So I did some revamping.
http://www.boggletech.com/tigurius/

It's basically your site, but more organized and no popups/banner.

I have experience with working with DBs, I've done some work to create my own mod on my localhost server (back like 10 versions ago when there were a lot of EQEMu errors so it wasn't that great of a time).

Well, if you need any help, i'm interested, as well my friend.

Darkyth
Email: ziot3@hotmail.com
Aim: ziot3

DeletedUser
11-16-2002, 08:30 PM
Seeing that its closed, I forgot to mention, i'm willing to help start it again. ;)

Wynsom
11-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey I havent read this thread in awhile, I was not aware you made the site. It looks great, i like the format alot. You can keep updating and stuff, i updated the tripod site about 4 days ago. Anyway, I've been busy working on it and heres whats up:

The server dev is going well. Right now, I have about 18 zones in antonica cleaned up with no dupe spawns, correct zone locs, no post kunark npcs. All kunark and up material has been removed from the db completly except items which is going to take a long arse time to remove. I have another guy who is working on a perl/unix scripting method to remove all dupe spawns in one heap, but theres still after effects that keep it from being perfect. Until then, I'm using my slower cleaning method that has worked so well.

I have populated the newbie areas of freeport and started testing some characters and there is still alot from preventing 'normal' gameplay. Its virtually impossible to slay a level 1 creature as a casting class. You can't hit for more than 2 pts of dmg until piercing is in the 30s, you miss 90% of the time too. These things are only gonna take time to be developed by the dev ppl. Until then, I guess I am going to plop in a npc to cast low level buffs on players to bring the leveling up to par. Nothing like the buffs given out on the Tigurius db. The three things that truly keep this game from being perfectly playable are:

1)NPC trainers
2)Combat refinements
3)Proper NPC defending faction (guards kill monsters etc)

I will have the server open from thanksgiving through the following weekend for testing. Privlidges will only be #setmyskills, i may turn on #zone.

Drawde
11-18-2002, 04:02 AM
Guards will actually assist you (as will all NPCs) if their faction value for your race/class/deity is set to allied (1000+ I think).

Windcatcher
11-18-2002, 06:47 AM
Speaking of quests, I could sure use some definitive info on how the quests will work for the next release. I've never understood how the server handles quests, hence why the admin tool was always weak in that area. When the new stuff comes out maybe I can improve the way the tool handles them.

Wynsom
11-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Theres a thread on here somewhere that kathgar i think made that includes code to expand the quest commands to accept multiple turn ins, faction checks, npc spawns, and more. Good stuff to have for now. Cant wait till the new scripting system is in place.

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 07:55 AM
I made a quest builder, it was crappy.. i've made a nice one where you can actually test it and it will highlight the errors if you have any. (A lot of ideas from NWN Toolset). I haven't finished it, its been in the dusty corner for about 3-4 months now.. maybe even more, I need to make it so it reads the NPC numbers from your mysql database.. but then I might be able to release it. :D

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Wynson, whats your new email and AIM (if you have it), would like to talk to you. :D

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 08:22 AM
Just to tell you guys id be very interested in seeing this project once its complete, I am a big fan of what EverQuest use to be (Was not called Classic), and I have been hoping someone would do this ;)

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 08:30 AM
image, if you do pathing, i'll give you a kiss, a cookie, and a ill finish the project real fast. ;)

unless khuong beat me to it.. :)

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 09:12 AM
I think pathing is a little beyond me :)

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 10:07 AM
How about making bards song constant... I love bards, but when you click on the song it and stops after playing once <cries> :D

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 10:20 AM
make a bard on EQLive get him to lvl 9 or whatever so we can test :P

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 10:21 AM
I have a 60 bard. ;)

(Quit before PoP so not 65 :( )

Wynsom
11-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Drakyth, check your PMs.

I guess ill post a few more small issues ive ran into that keep this from looking like EQ live.

1) Faces - All faces are correct in the db but they show up as default (0) in the emulator.

2) Textures - Robe textures for towns arent supported for NPCs. Ive tried to find where the texture info is stored in the source for the special robes NPCs can wear to change it but cant find it.

3)Random weather - Im working now to make a little module that would randomly change the weather when zones boot up but im sure theres ppl who can do it much better than i. EQ live uses some sort of weather schedule that is randomly mixed each patch.

4)Zoning (Z loc and heading)- I have accurate zone lines finally but the Z locs and headings are off on some and can't be fixed. It must be in the CFG files. There has to be a way to edit that somehow.

Major changes: Line of Sight, Pathing- not asking for these since they are huge but they would be the ultimate.

Thank you devs for putting in global time, that was a nice touch i wanted to see! I think the issues ive posted are small and can be fixed if a few of us put our heads togeather.

DeletedUser
11-19-2002, 09:48 AM
I've tried using #texture # for robes before but it doesnt work, I do know though that if set in the DB, the NPC will have it.

10 Robe (advisor pattern)
11 Robe (FBR pattern)
12 Robe (ishva pattern)
13 Robe (oracle pattern)
14 Robe (kedge pattern)
15 Robe (SMR pattern)
16 Robe (plain)

Bardboy
11-19-2002, 10:42 AM
I wonder if someone could convince Verant to release some of it's code for the original version of EQ for the emulator, (wishfull thinking, I know) or would you have to wait the 99 year period to see it. If not actual code, then perhaps someone out there, (alakazham, EqVault...) might have some old data they could donate to the cause.

Edit:

Also, I thought that maybe, just maybe, someone has some old showeq data hanging around.

DeletedUser
11-19-2002, 10:57 AM
there is some, aye. :)

Wynsom
11-19-2002, 04:32 PM
i was actually looking for the terrible strategy guide that came out when the game was first released. I know it dosnt have much but it would be still interesting to see. It might have some locations at most.

Darkyth, those robe patterns are the ones im trying to change in the code to the town robe patterns. I might go ahead and put all freeport casters in like kedge robes, then try to swap out the kedge robe for the purple plain one that they should wear.

DeletedUser
12-09-2002, 09:21 AM
I have that EQGuide. My brother got it. Roofles. It's got some info, the spells they had (even ones that were removed).

btw people that are interested.

IRC: irc.eqemu.net #classicEQ

Site: www.boggletech.com/tigurius/

Slayer02
12-11-2002, 05:24 AM
i was actually looking for the terrible strategy guide that came out when the game was first released. I know it dosnt have much but it would be still interesting to see. It might have some locations at most.

Darkyth, those robe patterns are the ones im trying to change in the code to the town robe patterns. I might go ahead and put all freeport casters in like kedge robes, then try to swap out the kedge robe for the purple plain one that they should wear.
I have that POS guide, what you need from it??

Wynsom
12-12-2002, 05:58 AM
I just wanted to see if it had anything useful at all but from the sounds of it, i dont think it will offer much. I am looking for old spawn info from splitpaw way back from release. I figured maybe there were maps or something but i hear the guide is a pos.

Slayer02
12-12-2002, 06:07 AM
Well e-mail the guy that runs EQAtlas (hes retiring from eq) he might have some old split paw maps (That lists creatures etc) or everlore might have some old data...

Wynsom
12-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Good idea Slayer- thanks!

Slayer02
12-12-2002, 05:19 PM
np also try caster realms

Draugr
01-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Whats the status on this? I checked teh link to the classic EQ website mentioned earlier and it seems the site is gone. I did visit the site earlier in the month and it was up. I am also very interested in a Classic EQ database that includes only zones and data from the original EQ CD and the original DB that hte servers used. Does anyone have any info on whether or not this project for a classic EQ db is still going on?

DeletedUser
01-19-2003, 05:06 PM
I had to take the site down, one of the database members had to go on a big work project, then the leader of it took a break, after awhile no one would respond to my posts so I felt it was dead for now, image took what we did and is working to use it for his server, so it should be fun to see with what he comes with.

Don't mentino anything about hosting, I lost the site with all my other shit when my comp fried.

Arley McFarley
03-05-2003, 03:21 AM
Hello,

The link to

http://tigurius_server.tripod.com/

displays a server moved note with link to

http://www.boggletech.com/tigurius

but it's broken.

Where is the webpage now? Is this project still underway?

Arley