PDA

View Full Version : Game Loader - Update.

Zafar
10-20-2002, 07:21 PM
EverQuest Game Launcher 1.0.0.6 has been released on Monday, October 21, 2002. This release has a couple of features that are close to the suggested ones from a member here. The changes are as follows:

1. Added the option to update the eqhost.txt file, so you can login to the EQEMu servers.
2. Added the option to restore the eqhost.txt file, so you can go back to playing on the regular EverQuest servers.
3. Added the option to search for updates (Internet connection required -- and powered by a third-party application.)
4. Switched from WinExec to ShellExec (I'm working on the CreateProcess -- not sure how that one works yet.)

There are also a few other additional things that were added, such as a ReadMe.txt (that has some information and recommended system requirements.), etc.. Both the source code has been released, as well as a much better installer that works this time.

You can get the complete installer/upgrade at: http://www.100free.com/zafar/

I feel this release is better, however though, not having much sleep did tend to cause some glitches in the coding. I am aware that when you update the eqhost.txt file, it does say after it was successfully done; to restart the program. Also, the update seems to consistantly say there is an update available, and it as well, shuts the program down. These are going to be looked in to tomorrow or some time this week or next week. I feel safe to say that this is better than the previous release, aside of those three glitches. I do apologize for those problems, but they do however function -- aside of them closing the program down after the job is done. (the original three functions, the update and restore themselves function fine and likewise the software updater.)

Let me know what you think of this one, if it is much better and/or nicer than the previous one, if it is being improved, etc.. Also, I highly recommend that if you did use the previous version installer, to uninstall it if you choose to upgrade. The installers are incompatable and different and most likely will cause messes in your registry, or multiple entries in your registery and therefore, it won't be pretty.

Again, you can get the complete installer/upgrade at: http://www.100free.com/zafar/