PDA

View Full Version : Georges Tools Vista 32...

Sinclipse
06-12-2012, 01:00 AM
When it rain it pours it appears. I've looked at the forums, read the archives, done all the research I can do... Still running across a few errors..

When trying to use the npc_loot_edit.

I assumed some of the codes weren't needed, so I said 'eh lets run it' when I ran it, everything is connected, the drivers that I installed from his site worked, I've tested my MySQL connection, that works.

Run-time error '339':

Component 'imagelist.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

The module "a.ocx" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DDL files.

The specified module could not be found.

Does that for DXAnimatedGIF.ocx, imagelist.ocx, MSCOMCTL.OCX, and VFmp3player.ocx.

It does however, work for quartz.dll

All of his other tools do it too, though... It works 100% perfect on my Windows 7 computer...

chrsschb
06-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Try this:

In Vista or Windows 7 you may have to open the command prompt as administrator to register these correctly.

Once you have an administrator prompt open CD to the directory where the ocx files are and type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i' without the quotes. You only need to do it once and you should be all set.

I was having similar issues and this got me up and running.

lerxst2112
06-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Open an administrator command prompt.
Navigate to the resource directory under the eqitems directory.
Type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i'

You should see several dialog boxes that say "DLLRegisterServer in blah.ocx succeeded."

Sinclipse
06-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Wow. I did that last night, but after running on 24 hours of NO SLEEP it appears I forgot the \resources at the end of my command prompt... Everything is running great... Thank you so much, again. Freaking Windows Vista... =/. It's weird how it takes that to get it all running... When on win7 it's like 'sup'

GeorgeS
06-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Glad you got it running!

GeorgeS

chrsschb
06-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Open an administrator command prompt.
Navigate to the resource directory under the eqitems directory.
Type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i'

You should see several dialog boxes that say "DLLRegisterServer in blah.ocx succeeded."

Haha, you're the one I quoted in my post above. I remember you helping me out a while back with this issue.