PDA

View Full Version : 3.11 bugs

astemus
10-27-2002, 07:53 AM
Well, BS doesn't seem to work at all, thats it for now

astemus
10-27-2002, 09:09 PM
Seems Kick isn't working, either. I'm assuming this is related to BS not working.

I seem to just zone for no reason... Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but I'll be mid sentence typing an item summon or talking to someone and i'll zone to some random zone. Happened 3x to me so far. once i wasn't even typing, i just zoned in, looked to the left and zoned :p

Drawde
10-29-2002, 10:26 PM
I'm still getting the merchant crash (related to the number of items in the list, the more there are the greater the chance of the crash) and loot bug (no randomisation + always the maximum number of items dropped). I'm fairly certain now, after what Lurker has said, that this is actually a bug and not a DB problem. However I'll try out one of the other DBs today and see if I still get the problem; if not, it must be something wrong with my DB.

tamarae
10-30-2002, 02:02 AM
Hehe, I'm not sure how bad this is, but speaking of merchants -
I go sell the large cloth tunics and rusty scythes that those gnolls dropped for me when I was killing them.. and I zone back to blackburrow and poof, there's everything I sold in my inventory again, woohoo... plus the cash I made from selling them previously. But.. still.. the honest side of me just destroys them the second time around.. :)

DeletedUser
10-30-2002, 02:30 AM
Can you be more specific on this merchant bug, I have never seen this before.. (please note a merchant cannot have over 28 items)

Drawde
10-30-2002, 03:22 AM
The merchant problem/bug occurs when you interact with a merchant by clicking on them, to view
their item list, and results in the zoneserver you're on being instantly shut down (or maybe simply crashing), with
the "disconnected" black screen, and returns you to the character select screen, as soon as the
item list has appeared. It's similar to what happens when the merchant list contains an invalid item,
except that it doesn't give an error message (i.e "This zone will be shut down") beforehand.
This does not happen every time, but is related to the number of items in the list, the more there are,
the greater the chance of a crash. With the maximum number of 28 items, it crashes 95% of the time,
with only 1 item in the list, it crashes very rarely; 10-15 items crashes about 50% of the time. I tested this by creating a
new merchant list containing nothing but water flasks (so there was no chance of an invalid item bug) and assigning it to a NPC, seeing how frequently
it would crash, then increasing the number of items on the list.

The loot bug appears to be caused by the randomisation code not working. Mobs always drop the first item on their
list, whatever probability you have set for it, and always drop the maximum number of items allowed - for example if
you created a loot table that could drop up to 2 pieces of cloth armour, with an equal chance for each piece, you would
always get 2 cloth caps (or whatever was first on the list) when you killed a monster with that loot table.
This also happens with the 3.6 addon DB (the one using the HQ spawns).

rowmz
10-30-2002, 07:22 AM
with BS and kick not working, I also cant get any skills like this to work... taunt, feign death, any monk special attacks, AAXP hotkeyed skills, ect...

tamarae
10-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Seems to be an issue looting corpses, and it appears to be random.. havent yet pinpointed what's causing it.

Sometimes when you click to loot a corpse, you get stuck.
You pick up the loot but then you cant stand back up, even after closing your inventory and loot windows. Hitting esc doesnt help. You cant stand/sit/walk from there. Zoning via #zone command doesnt help.. have to /q out and relog.

Littlekill
10-31-2002, 02:04 PM
My problem is all i can see is the sky, even at the char generation screen its nothing but sky... how gay

DeletedUser
10-31-2002, 02:19 PM
Looting has to do with the random formulas to decide the drops, ive never seen this merchant bug ever.... I havent had any problems with the 3.9 and 3.6 addons.

tamarae
10-31-2002, 04:55 PM
I havent seen that merchant bug yet.. guess I'm lucky.

I first saw the loot bug on Image's server before the 3.11 release, when it was in testing for those couple of days.

Every now and again I get the error something like: Error: looting != by client or something to that effect, I'll write it down next time, but normally it just sticks ya in the looting position unable to move. Seen it in both crushbone and blackburrow to date, but not sure about other zones yet. Will let ya know more as I find more. :)

Titans
11-01-2002, 02:14 AM
Another problem I have noticed is that when getting to the appropate level for using duel wield you can't equip your second weapon. I know it works as it says I slash with the primary weapon and then punch with the off hand. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as well.

kunta
11-01-2002, 05:07 AM
you need to make sure that you have the skill, best way is to do
#setskillall 252 (I think thats the command)

Drawde
11-01-2002, 06:14 AM
Any chance of these bugs being fixed?
About the merchant crash, it's odd that no-one else seems to have encountered it -
it appears to be related only to the number of items on the list, and will crash
fairly frequently even with only 8-10 items. This is on an entirely offline minilogin
server.
Maybe it's just that my system (P500, 256MB RAM) can't handle it for some reason - but
in this case I'd expect it to go linkdead/get disconnected rather than crashing outright.

wolfgang
11-04-2002, 02:39 AM
Yes i have the loot bug too does it about half of the time
Though i found it odd yesterday when i had my friend connect to lan id loot i get locked sitting but if he looted np for him.
Also I got to laugh about this one i looted got stuck
(my friend was in the same zone) he looted after me the same corpse and i was free.
some times i use #zone to go to another zone and then zone back and im ok.

also was wondering when keal and thurgadin are going to be fixed ..i try to #zone keal (the giant city) i get kicked to server selec screen and my char is traped there.:confused:

btuch
11-04-2002, 03:15 AM
You can always go into your dB and edit your characters location in the character_ table to change his current zone if ya get stuck.

kunta
11-04-2002, 05:23 AM
Here is a work around for the loot bug that I have got to work...

First close the loot box with the X, not the done button

Sit, and Stand back up and it should be fine.

Drawde
11-05-2002, 10:21 PM
I occasionally get the "stuck while looting" bug, but the problem I'm referring to is the lack of randomisation.

Sorry to keep going on about this, but is there any chance of these problems being fixed?
Maybe my copy of EQEmu is "jinxed", even though I've reinstalled it and the DB several times, and tried out a number of other third-party DBs instead of mine..

Abemand
11-07-2002, 02:12 PM
there is a bug with Bow dosent seem to work cant seem to be able to set points in Pop skills and if i click a right click item more then 3 times fast im unable to loot and look in my Inv and rightclick again then there is another bug whit the guild trainers dosent seem to be able to train in other things then Languages.
ohh yeah and a last thing is the amound of NPCs spawning with the same name in the same place =P

(add on)
dono if this is a bug but im not able to log in to the server selection it keeps giving me a error when i go to that section
so i was thinking it might be somthing with your login server or somthing (i dono shit about programing =P )

DeletedUser
11-08-2002, 02:39 AM
Please note on the new UI you have to click "Done" underneath the loot window and not inventory like it used to be.

Abemand
11-08-2002, 04:35 AM
yep yep i know that but it still dosent work

DeletedUser
11-08-2002, 10:00 AM
I see that loot tables are properly working (I saw lots of drops) and I ran into the 'stuck while looting' bug, I will attempt to fix it.

Figured it out, and fixed :)

EQEQEQ
11-08-2002, 04:14 PM
I just recently got my server up and running. And have gotten most of it figured out. But i notice that loot tables always drop the item in its table closest to "a". they seem to drop based on the 1st letter of the item.

I have used drawde's DB, and created my own. Yet it always does the same thing, max number of drops and all the same based on th 1st letter of all possible items.

I resourced the loot DB's, even cleared them out and made my own from scratch but the same thing happened.

neotokyo
11-08-2002, 10:38 PM
i dont know if this is a bug in the client (EQGAME.EXE) or the server, but try this:

get an item with right click effect, that takes quite a while to cast (not instant). get another item with click-effect.

now cast the first item. while the item is casting, try to cast the 2nd item. most of the time, after the first item finished casting i couldnt cast anything anymore. in the zone logs it didnt even register a try for casting, so thats why the problem "could" be with the client. (i dont have that many clickable items in real eq. so i cant test it :-( )

anyone noticed that before?

DeletedUser
11-09-2002, 03:22 AM
There is a timer to stop spammers from spamming spells, you should be able to cast it eventually if you keep trying.

killspree
11-09-2002, 03:35 AM
I checked last night on a green server. Yes, monsters ARE dropping loot. The problem is; the randomization bug is still there.

neotokyo
11-09-2002, 06:21 AM
image: i played around with that a little more...

it definitly isnt an antispam countermeasure or anything. i can use jboots (insta cast) hundreds of times if i can click fast enough and my finger doesnt fall off.

one time when i reproduced the "bug" i could #interrupt myself and start casting again.

another time #interrupt didnt do anything.

anyway i'll see if i can find out more

DeletedUser
11-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Not sure what version of the emulator your using but you cannot spam :) I coded it myself.

neotokyo
11-09-2002, 06:39 AM
damn, thats what you get if you assume too much ;-)

you're right, i cant cast jboots 100x in a row without your antispam kicking in.

nonetheless there IS some kind of problem. after some fooling around with the items (clicking wildly around) EQ seems to lock up somehow. somehow means: i cant sit down, i cant open the inventory, cant cast any spells (waiting more than a minute and still cant do anything)

i am using 3.11 as server code.

perhaps its related to that loot-stuck-bug that you already fixed??