PDA

View Full Version : NPC editor fail =\

naveed
11-20-2012, 09:24 PM
After completely starting over with everything for a new install on Win7 32bit. I got everything redownloaded and updated. Running the Repack on your main page. And everything installed correctly. I log in to play without a hitch. I go to DL the server admin tools so I can edit Npcs and loot tables. I ran into a small issue installing the ocx files, but research the problem and do the manual install and everything installs fine and it loads up just fine. ODBC files installed without a issue as well. I fire up the NPC editor and it connects just fine.

But when I go to select any npc on the list once a zone is loaded. I get the

Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)':

[MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] [mysql-5.0.41-community-nt] Unknown column 'lootdrop_entired.minilevel' in 'field list'.

Before I wiped everything (because I couldnt get quests to work in EMU) I had the tools loaded and configured and they were working as intended. I even logged in to check that the npc loot was just as I set it with the editor and it was. So it was working before. But since I reinstalled everything and started over, I dont know why im getting this error. Any clues? =(

GeorgeS
11-21-2012, 12:26 AM
The repack is pre 2214 database, and the tool only works with current 2214+ schema. You must update to current schema. I can post the database as a zip if you need.

Georges

naveed
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
oh, yeah that would be great!
How would I go aboot swaping the updated DB using the repack configurations?

sorvani
11-21-2012, 12:18 PM
basically, you don't

naveed
11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
So the db can't be updated, or replaced with a different folder containing a newer DB?

lerxst2112
11-21-2012, 06:41 PM
If you updated the database it would no longer be compatible with the executables you're using. That's why it is better to compile your own so you can keep both up to date.

You could always use an older version of the editor that is compatible with the database you're using.

GeorgeS
11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I just updated the database and made a rar(Dl from my website). The binaries are +Bots enabled and are compatible with this version of DB. Also the binaries are recent as of 10/3/12 and that database is current with it.Overwrite the repack binaries with mine.
Also,if running the repack, dl the perl.rar (Dl from my website) and overwrite the original 5.10 perl with my newer one here.
C:\PEQ_Repack\udrive\perl <<<<where perl is located on my machine
database access is root/eqemu
mysql is installed to -- C:\PEQ_Repack\udrive\usr\local\mysql

First install the repack.
Install my database r.2214 (you can keep the your older one)
point eqemu_config.xml to currect db
mysql access = root/eqemu
overwrite perl folder with my perl.rar
install peq_2214_bots binaries over older binaries

also note, my login tables/database are also included in the database rar and comment /delete these tables out if you want to keep yours. If you use mine,then use leslamarch/password to play the game

Also,to install the database you can use the MySQL GUI Tools 5.0.rar (http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//MySQL%20GUI%20Tools%205.0.rar)and run MySQLAdministrator.exe. DL these from my site too.

That should be it

GeorgeS

GeorgeS

naveed
11-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks GeorgeS! I understand most of this. I'll brew up some coffee when I get off work and make these adjustments and hopefully get it workin! Thanks for all your hard work and awesome tools! It was very fun while it worked. Now just hope I can get this fix correctly done. Heh.

naveed
11-21-2012, 11:37 PM
ok...im A litte confused as to how one installs the new database, I unzipped the file from your site and it only has one file in it. I looked for similar files in PEQ file on my c:drive so I could replace it, but didnt see anything similar. Or is installing the Database a more complex process with this repack?
Then I saw the bottom of your post...so I installed the 2 files and ran mysql admin program, and it keeps giving me errors. it wont connect to the localhost. Even if i were to connect I dont know how Im suppose to install the new Database with that program. Sorry to be such a beginner at all this, im trying to make sense of it all.

GeorgeS
11-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Ok,try this.

start mysql by starting file EQEmuGUI.exe in C:\PEQ_Repack
click on start mysql
next,

Load MySQLAdministrator.exe
server host=127.0.0.1
user=root
pass=eqemu

hit enter, ignore the settings error
click on restore
click on open backp file (peq_2214.sql)
start restore

that should be it.

naveed
11-22-2012, 02:16 AM
That all seemed to work! V=)

So I hate to do this but after reading around and trying to follow your instructions, it seems that one would have to know more than I do when it comes to these programs and codings. =\

So might I be sold bold (falls to knees) to beg for more of a step by step on your instruction list?
I dont only want to just get a server and your tools up and running, but I want to learn more of all these methods.
So here are the steps you listed:

1-First install the repack. Done!
2-Install my database r.2214 (you can keep the your older one) Done! the method above was successful thanks!

-Incomplete-
3-point eqemu_config.xml to currect db I thought these values remained the same?
4-mysql access = root/eqemu Is this just information?
5-overwrite perl folder with my perl.rar Do you mean unzip the new version and swap out perl folders in server folder?
6-install peq_2214_bots binaries over older binaries I actually have no clue how to do this one, is it even manditory? Im not planning on running bots...doesnt matter if they are in or not to me.

I really dont like appearing like I am helpless, but I just dont want to mess anything up and I want to learn the right way to do these things.
thanks George!

c0ncrete
11-22-2012, 12:59 PM
3. attempt to launch the server and log in. if it works, everything should be fine.
4. attempt to connect to the database with mysqladministrator. if it works, everything is fine (likely if the previous step went ok, you shouldn't have to worry with this at all).
5. overwriting and swapping out the folder with a new perl will have the same effect, except for the fact that you'll still have the old perl on your drive if you don't overwrite it. in short... yes.
6. same as with perl, but it looks like the only compiled version he has up includes bots. if you don't want to use bots, don't use bot commands them. it won't change anything in the game.

GeorgeS
11-22-2012, 01:00 PM
-Incomplete-
3-point eqemu_config.xml to currect db - the new database you just installed is called peq_2214 or similar. The config file needs this or else it will use the older database b default

4-mysql access = root/eqemu - simply info for you

5-overwrite perl folder with my perl.rar - yes, unzip the new version and swap out perl folders in server folder

6-install peq_2214_bots binaries over older binaries - again ,yes, the older repack comes with older code pre 2214, and won't work with the new database.Ths the new binaries require this database, which the tools work off

GeorgeS

naveed
11-22-2012, 01:22 PM
World.exe system error
The program cant start because perl512.dll is missing from your computer.

ok....so I redl your perlpack and unzip, replace perl folder in eqrepack folder.

Same message.

I do a search in C for perl512.dll, perl510.dll and no results. So Dl this file and install it in the perl folder I assume?

naveed
11-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh sorry forgot to update, the NPC editor seems to be working fine now, but now...Starting the game to check live progress of updates using NPC editor, gives me this error. So would DL the perl512.dll and placing it in work like that?

naveed
11-22-2012, 01:55 PM
is this because the old modules of perl 510 made with the ppm/io in the CMD origianlly and are still there ? Since I only swapped out folders?

GeorgeS
11-22-2012, 02:22 PM
As I remember, I installed perl after the repack, and also got this error. So what I did was DL and run perl from here
http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.12.0/
and then copied all the perl folder contents to the one in the repack (C:\PEQ_Repack\udrive\perl)

That was all it took. So pls DL the file and try that.

GeorgeS

naveed
11-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I did just that, DL 5.12.0 Unzipped and replaced the perl folder with its new contents. and World.exe still looking for perl512.ll

This is so frustrating.

wait....replace the contents of repack/perl or ADD these new perl files to the existing contents in repack/perl?

also, this is just replacing folders and moving data around? Or is there some perl install.exe that I am suppose to be doing, to "install"?

GeorgeS
11-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I think the problem is the version has to be exactly what I used to compile.
Try this version
http://www.windowsmania.com/free-download-activeperl-windows-5.12.3-build-1204/4464/

ADD them -simply copy/paste and some files will overwrite,others will be copied. This will mean two copies of perl will be in this folder, but that's ok.

GeorgeS

naveed
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
yup, that did the trick! Thanks George!

naveed
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
all things are working fine. Except now it appears that even when editing tables in Heidi, I cant use gm commands even though my account is set to status 250. Might there be some crossing of DB info we did? I tried to restart and everything. I recheck my account status in PEQ and in the Data tab and it is at 250. Am i missing something?

GeorgeS
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Make sure you point eqemu_config.xml to currect db.
I think it's possible you have 2 databases. One from the repack and the other from my database zip.

GeorgeS

naveed
11-26-2012, 07:22 PM
oh..DUR, i didnt open the correct DB with Heidi. lol. thanks for the reminder!