PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm stumped -SOLVED-

Warkral
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes yes, I know. Yet ANOTHER person who can't seem to get the program running correctly but it's showing I'm doing it correctly, yet still not able to connect.

All drivers are installing successfully. I've triple checked this as well as installed them manually. It's stating that the driver(s) successfully installed.

db.ini appears correct.

The test connection application is confirming that it's successfully connecting to MYSQL.

Launching loot editor.....error in connecting to the database.

I've been reading through all the various posts here from people with similar problems and it mostly seems to be a driver issue however is it still a driver issue if the test connection is stating a successful connection to MYSQL? If the connection was successful, then why isn't the program connecting?

I apologize in advance. I know these questions must get tiresome but I have been at this for 3-4 hours now determined to figure it out on my own with no success.

Warkral
11-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok well, it started working. I can say the problem was the location for the Everquest directory. This, for whatever reason worked:

host=localhost
user=admin (<<your username)
password=password (<<<your password)
database=peqlogindb (<<<your database)
everquest_folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest (<<<your CORRECT location where you installed Everquest)

I'm not exactly sure what was incorrect the first time, I just noticed is WAS connecting to my database peqlogindb, but NOT to Everquest. About the 4th time I put the location in, it worked. It could have been anything. A comma, space, or quote marks, I'm not sure.

Warkral
11-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Can an admin put SOLVED in the title of the thread for me for others who run into problems and are searching the forums for solutions.....Thanks.

GeorgeS
11-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Done, changed title

Warkral
11-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks George. Your tools are a godsent for those of us with little to no experience at these things.