PDA

View Full Version : First Post!

trevius
12-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Just starting a new thread in this section of the forums since it is currently empty.

This section is for a new Dev/Admin tool for EQEmu servers that Akkadius and I have been working on. So far, I have completed a new Task Editor tool within the EOC (EQEmu Operations Center) and Akka has made a functional Item Editor. The item editor may still need a few tweaks, but I believe it is fully functional and it has a lot of cool features that aren't available in other tools yet.

More tools will become available as we complete them. I think our next focuses will be on things like an NPC Editor, Merchant Editor, Tradeskill Editor and such. I will probably also work on a Mercenary Editor once the tables for them are finalized for EQEmu.

We should be able to have the details available for accessing the new tool pretty soon. I will leave it up to Akka to introduce the tool and to show how to access it.

c0ncrete
12-06-2012, 06:54 AM
fancy new tools, mercs, significant database update... you'd think christmas was coming soon! thanks for the work you guys put into all of this. it is much appreciated.

Tabasco
12-06-2012, 08:45 AM
We should be able to have the details available for accessing the new tool pretty soon. I will leave it up to Akka to introduce the tool and to show how to access it.

So it's closed-source and non-local?

Davood
12-06-2012, 11:01 AM
This sounds promising

Thsnk you guys!

Will it be web based?

Akkadius
12-06-2012, 11:28 AM
So it's closed-source and non-local?

Not necessarily closed source, we're open to those that are interested in working on it but my idea behind this tool was to make it so easy to use and to cut down development time I don't really care to put it on an SVN or make it available others due to the complexity of setting it up.

Also with stuff that I've had in mind it would not be user friendly for the average Jo to setup. The PEQ editor for example people will stumble over trying to set it up properly.

The whole idea behind this is to cut down development time as much as possible and make this a tool that can access a database remotely. It works actually quite well on remote databases and I'll make a post later sometime, I'm in the middle of a bunch of things.

Secrets
12-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah I have been playing with this for a bit thanks to Trevius/Akkadius. For those who have security concerns, it:

1) only connects to a remote database and store nothing on the remote server for connecting (cookie based locally)
2) I'm sure Akkadius can give it to you if you are still concerned and want to set things up yourself with no support.
3) it's really, REALLY flexible and fast. I had 50ms page loads when connecting to my own database. It doesn't require refreshing a page; all of it is ajax based and realtime.

chrsschb
12-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I saw the previews of the Dev Tool / Spell Editor and Task Editor and am HIGHLY anxious. Can't wait! :D

trevius
12-18-2012, 05:52 AM
Akkadius is reworking the item editor stuff quite a bit and I think we should be ready to start sharing more info on the tool once he is done. There are a couple more tools in the works now that should be pretty useful when ready.

Akkadius
12-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Akkadius is reworking the item editor stuff quite a bit and I think we should be ready to start sharing more info on the tool once he is done. There are a couple more tools in the works now that should be pretty useful when ready.

Yeah I have a bunch of time off until the rest of the year so I have been working on Funhouse stuff and getting things done on EoC so once I feel it is somewhat ready we will release it.

Overhauling the existing code for the item editor by stuffing the entire form into an array (Like 100+ sub arrays) so it can be flexibly manipulated as a mass item editor once it is all said and done.

I finished some of the sub tools for the item editor and plan on finishing some of the real time savers like automatic item scaling and custom item views.

Automatic item scaling - Will allow you to set a type (solo/group/raid) and a level and it will suggest values for main statistical fields and you can bump it up a % of the base value of the suggested values.

Custom Item Views - If you are editing say a Book that is just a 'Quest Item', why would I want to see all the statistic sections and the spell sections? We toggle that stuff off by default on opening the item in the item editor and then toggle it back on as you wish.

I also want to make the PEQ Editor available in a frame in one of the sections, which hugely adds value to the tool as a whole, no setup required for anyone, just a shared service that points to your database. Yes, you have to be able to trust who is behind EoC (Trevius and I) but I think I've proven trust in this community and I know I could trust Trevius with some of my info I do not hardly ever share with anyone so I think people are fine on that respect.

So essentially you can provide your Mysql connection manually and not require authentication and still use the PEQ editor without having to set a damn thing up but your DB info.

Also the intention for making this section on the forums were so we can start making threads on collecting information for these tools that we don't already have like pictures of all of the races and textures so we can manipulate them in different areas of the tools and such and whatever else we decide to throw in here.

wolfwalkereci
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Excited to hear the news about the EoC, have been hoping you two would find the time to push some tools out.
I trust you two more then anyone else on EMU but I personally would still love to torture myself with trying to figure out how to get it all working on the local end. Maybe I like pain and blood :shock:

Akkadius
12-20-2012, 02:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/S3oHH.png

rhyotte
12-20-2012, 02:52 AM
Go Akkadian Go, I guess it is the season!!

Thuz989
02-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to this, hows it coming along?

trevius
02-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I haven't had time to work on it lately, because I have been putting all of the time I can into getting RoF completed. I know Akkadius has been pretty busy with some RL work and such as well.

Akkadius was working on a revamp of the items tool to improve it in a few ways, so I think he was wanting to wait until that is finished before releasing it.

Akkadius
03-17-2013, 05:15 PM
My god we have so much shit on our plate that these types of things go to the way side quick.

I am digging into EoC today and am looking to get a BETA release for the public.

xplodr
05-25-2013, 02:30 PM
is there any way to use this tool to do mass stat changes like multiplying all AC by 3 on all items or weapon damage etc.? Or is that something else?

Akkadius
05-25-2013, 03:01 PM
is there any way to use this tool to do mass stat changes like multiplying all AC by 3 on all items or weapon damage etc.? Or is that something else?

Currently it does not have that capability no, but it could be made to do things like that fairly easily.