PDA

View Full Version : I Can't get to the CHAR SELECT SCREEN!!!!

Hellsing ARM454
02-11-2002, 01:21 PM
I log into the login server, but after that when i click play everquest, eqw goes black, then the whole screen goes black, then one of two things happen:
1) Eq shuts down instantly, giving me my desktop.
2) ddhelp pops up with a bad error, and worse screen resolution. Click on the ddhelp thing and errors pop up then the computer locks up.

HELP!!!!!!! Yes I've reinstalled Directx8.1 and have latest eqw and eqemu! AND I'm just trying to log into someone elses server, not mine.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

madborg
02-13-2002, 07:50 PM
ddhelp is new and you get that in EQLIve too-- at least that was the case a couple of nights ago.

As for you trying to log into someone's else server then, you issues is fair basic. You don't have one of these:
-eqw 2.2 or not typing fully "eqgame patchme"
-not in 16-bit
-don't have 256MB memory or better (you can do it with 128MB but it is not easy or nice)
-you were unlucky and picked a server that wasn't setup right

If none of the above matches your case, then I think I am out of ideas except to tell you that the problem has nothing to do with EQEmu or mysql.

Hellsing ARM454
02-14-2002, 04:43 AM
I installed the new version of eqemu (2.3) and now, magically, everything works. Thanks for the attempt of help, however)
Weeeeee eqemu is fun. :D

madborg
02-14-2002, 09:49 AM
it's not magic. Arrrgh why does everyone attribute success to magic???

It would have worked just fine with 0.2.2, or 0.2.1, and so on.

The problem with magical solutions is that the next time you get the same failure you still won't know what fixed it before.

Trumpcard
02-14-2002, 10:46 AM
Borg, you must work in sotware engineering! LOL
I fix problems all day... The ones that magically disappear really piss me off (Usually cause they magically reappear and I am still at step 1)