PDA

View Full Version : EOC BETA Launch (Developer's Tool) EQEmu Operations Center

Akkadius
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
All,

Some of you have anticipated this for a longer time than it should have been necessary.

Trevius and I have worked on this project for many months and it has been a side project that sometimes got dropped for a period of time, time to get it off the ground in BETA

That said, I've also been involved with high level web development outside the realm of EQEmulator which has also reflected in being able to execute very smooth and efficient work with this tool, using PHP/AJAX/Javascript/HTML/Mysql to deliver a rich hosted tool solution platform.

EOC TEASERS HERE: http://imgur.com/a/xgnVo

What is EOC?
EoC (EQEmu Operations Center for Development) in vision was meant to be a few things in essence

A hosted solution so you do not have to install ANYTHING
A web front-end tool for EQEmu Server development
Built for custom server developers in mind
Tools built to cut down on the development time and process
Tools that are built to not break based on different database schematics
Make rich tools available without the need to learn to setup a web server and configure a bunch of stuff all just for one server

What tools are available now?

As of right now, there are about 3 original tools available and they all are very nice. These include:

Item Editor: (Created by Akkadius)

Detailed Item Search (Based on Allaclone code - I want to rewrite this but it works)
Item Tooltips for quick display of information
Over 20 sub tools (Class selector, Race Selector, Icon Viewer/Selector, Weapon Viewer/selector, Item Price Selector, spell selectors etc.)
Nostalgic Sound effects
Music - Can be toggled off

Item Editor Features to Come:

Automatic item statistic scaler - Will take in a few arguments (Level, Class type (Silk/Leather/Chain/Plate), and item content type (Solo/Group/Raid)) and automatically suggest values for your statistics. This will be able to be generally + or - a percentage on top of suggested values, giving you much less thought in mathematically scaling items
Some fields could still use sub tools
Copy Button at the top of an item (Similar to Georges) - Now to copy an item all you have to do is reassign an ID

Task Editor: (Created by Trevius)
I must say myself that this tool is awesome, I can get a task together in minimal amounts of time using this great tool that Trevius put together.

Built all with AJAX requests to allow ease of use and fast task creation
All you would ever want in a Task editor

Zone Tools: (Created by Akkadius)
I put this small tool together with the necessity of being able to copy zone data from one version to another without issues. The Georges editor one was great but I would find out that it would bomb on some zones and not sure why.

Thousands of lines of code were written in this one to give a really great zone copier for ease of creating a new zone with the base of another version of the zone
Zone Importer: Yes, I wrote this tool to also be able to establish a 2nd Database connection and import content from it, this is really almost too hot to share with anyone but I guess I'm a nice guy and want to see this community thrive :P
You can delete entire zone instances if you need as well as copy, you can keep original ID's or create new. All the options are given

Ok, so you have only 3 tools? Umm that's great?
- Well, you should find the tools here alone well worth your time, but if that really isn't enough for you, the PEQ Editor is wrapped inside this tool which requires you no setup whatsoever.
- To use the PEQ Editor tool, you will just need to establish a database connection initially like you did with the rest of the tools and you will be ready to go

http://eoc.akkadius.com/AC/eoc/images/PEQ_Logo.png

Ok how do I get started Mr. Akkadius?
Well, this is the best part really, or the worst depending on what kind of a tight ass you are.

Right now, the only way to connect is going to be through 'Manual DB Connect' which honestly is GREAT, I will further explain my plans for this in a bit.

Manual DB Connect

To start, go here -> http://eoc.akkadius.com/AC/eoc/images/eoc-fd.png (http://eoc.akkadius.com/AC/eoc/login.php?ManDBConn=1)
You will need your Mysql server open to the world, I suggest using NOT root and a different user with a stupid LONG password
You will need your Mysql Server (IP, DB Name, DB User, DB Password), the validator will not let you pass until EOC can establish a connection with your server. Once you have done this, YOU ARE READY TO GO!

So using this tool you can edit your server within a matter of seconds without having to install a damn thing and it is actually extremely fast. The speed is going to vary on your MYSQL Servers connection and speed.

Is this secure?
Yes, it is about as secure as it's going to get, only Trevius and I oversee this project and we both place our integrity above ourselves as without it we would not hold the reputations we do.
We don't log database logins, and if you're really that concerned, use a test database or don't use this at all. I guarantee you will want to use this once you try it.

What if I wanted to let other developers use this tool on my server but not give them my DB info?
NOT IMPLEMENTED - BUT! - My immediate goal is to build a user system in which you can register a server and create 'developer' users in which you can assign permissions to which tools they can use and what they can do with those tools in regards to development as a server.

This would be ground breaking in the respect that there is always an issue to let strangers over the internet who seem like they want to help you but end up screwing you when you gave them too much handle too quick, this would resolve all of that.

Are there bugs?
LOL, probably. But most of it should be pretty smooth to boot. Please post any findings here and I or Trevius will address them when time permits.

Akkadius
03-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Creating a MySQL user: (By JSR)
If using Navicat;
- Click 'User' on the main ribbon
- Right click 'root@localhost'
- Choose 'duplicate user'
- In the username field, change it to something preferable to root_Copy (or keep it if you think it has a nice ring to it)
- In the host field, replace 'localhost' with '69.168.254.244'
- In the password/confirm password fields, enter a secure password. Note: A long password (e.g. dogsandcatslikerawfishfordinner) is exponentially more secure than one with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols while also being much easier to remember
- Under the advanced tab, change 'max user connections' to 1
- Under the server privileges tab, uncheck the privileges 'File', 'Process', 'Drop', 'Shutdown', 'Super', and 'Create user' (there may be others worth disabling)
- Click Save

If you're using mysql command line you're either a) clever enough to do this part by yourself, or b) you should really get a copy of Navicat as it will improve your quality of life.

To create a filewall rule:
In windows firewall
- Click new rule
- Select 'Port' and click next
- Select 'TCP and specific local ports', enter 3306, click next
- Select 'Allow the connection', click next
- Select the appropriate network type ('domain', 'private', 'public'). This will typically be private but if in doubt tick them all. Then click next
- Enter a name for the rule (e.g. Incoming Mysql), click finish

For extra security:
- Refresh the list of rules (F5)
- Locate the new rule (e.g. Incoming Mysql) in the list, right click and choose Properties
- Under the scope tab, find Remote IP address and select 'These IP addresses'
- Click Add, select 'This IP or subnet'
- Enter 69.168.254.244
- Click Ok, and then click Ok again

How does EOC Work from a network perspective?

http://i.imgur.com/ZvxLMB4.png

Secrets
03-18-2013, 10:54 AM
This is a placeholder post

You sit on a throne of lies, that is no placeholder post.

No, I'm joking, it's a pretty nice tool, and more people should use it.

BlackSunGM
03-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Looks really nice, cant wait to try it out!

Weldarr
03-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Just want to say, I spent a good hour reviewing it and playing with it and this is probably one of the best editor tools that I've ever used!

Many thanks to all the work that went into this.

- Vaion

Akkadius
03-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Just want to say, I spent a good hour reviewing it and playing with it and this is probably one of the best editor tools that I've ever used!

Many thanks to all the work that went into this.

- Vaion

Thanks for the kind words Vaion.

Looked forward to comments/suggestions and any bugs.

I will also determine the next feature to be implemented after I've had some feedback

Gregk
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Excellent! Thank you for sharing.

jimrocken
03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
tried playing with this... but because i'm behind a router it won't let me through :( so looks like i can't play with the new tool... any chance you can provide the source for those of us who have lan servers?

lerxst2112
03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
You will need your Mysql server open to the world, I suggest using NOT root and a different user with a stupid LONG password

If you're behind a router you're gonna need to open a port for the database connection. Your server doesn't need to be publicly accessible, but your database does.

Akkadius
03-20-2013, 09:49 PM
If you're behind a router you're gonna need to open a port for the database connection. Your server doesn't need to be publicly accessible, but your database does.

When I phrased 'Mysql Server' I was referring to the service that listens on port 3306 by default, not necessarily an entire server and all the services that may pertain to it.

Yes, you will need to open PNAT forwarding table for 3306 if that is the port you are using to listen on Mysql (default).

It may have been naive of me to assume that anyone who is actually running a server knows enough to know what it means to have a service opened to the world and that through setting up a server they have learned to forward ports for services.

jimrocken
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
The problem I'm having is I use a public pay for use hot spot so I can't open ports

Dunge0nMastr
03-21-2013, 12:28 AM
This looks incredible. Great job guys. Been drooling over this ever since Secrets gave me a little peek. I will be putting it through its paces when i get back from PAX monday :P

Great work guys!
-Bront

sorvani
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Is the webserver IP static? so that I can restrict the port forward to your IP address?

Akkadius
03-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Is the webserver IP static? so that I can restrict the port forward to your IP address?

Yes, it's a static and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

I'm going to be moving the server itself to another rack but I should be able to route all of the statics over to the new rack once that time comes. All irrelevant detail to you, lol.

Akkadius
03-23-2013, 02:20 AM
Item Editor:

I've spent about 3 hours reworking grouping code for the Item Editor so that visually a developer can easily identify with section groupings and quickly edit the fields they find relevant. Because the entire editor is built on array iterations (literally all aspects) it made it a little bit more difficult to add selective grouping for fields but now that it is in place it is easy to move the format into other display methods.

All merely visual changes. Yeah it's small but I launched the BETA with default array iterations and all of the fields were clumped together and didn't make much sense beyond some of the sub sections.

Next Additions:
- Copy Button - Similar to that of Georges tools
- Statistic range scaling - Scale statistic ranges based on a min - max
- Entire item scaling - Give three criterion (Level, Class type [leather/cloth/chain/silk], Content Type [Solo/Group/Raid]) and it will spit back out AJAX automatically suggesting and changing fields automatically to scale an item to ideal and mathematically calculated statistics before tweaking.

I'm not opposed to any suggestions regarding the tool as I've not really treated it as finished but is still yet very functional and useful for anyone looking to create items easier.

Some pictures of changes just so people have something to look at, apparently my print screens turned out big as hell. I don't care right now so you can deal with it or log into EoC yourself. :)

http://i.imgur.com/euA7bZO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VB6GPy2.png
http://i.imgur.com/CmvZWj7.png

Burningsoul
03-23-2013, 04:47 AM
No worries on the large screengrabs - this looks AMAZING. I'll get you some feedback after getting my DB synched with it. Thank you for the incredible work put into this - it'll help out many a noob server op.

Akkadius
03-23-2013, 05:07 PM
No worries on the large screengrabs - this looks AMAZING. I'll get you some feedback after getting my DB synched with it. Thank you for the incredible work put into this - it'll help out many a noob server op.

Not even for noob server ops, I wish I had this when I was actively server developing.

Akkadius
03-24-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm going to be creating a local database reference for the EoC platform so I can implement users, allow users to create logical 'servers' and then they can create developers to work on those servers.

So if EoC is behaving a bit whack, that's because I'm developing on the BETA production.

Akkadius
03-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Made a fix to the Item Editor today, apparently when I made the last fixes I broke the miscellaneous fields from even showing which messes up the Mysql query save generation.

xplodr
05-24-2013, 02:05 AM
I can't get EOC to connect to my database. I type in everything to login and i have forwarded port 3306 to my servers IP within my network yet it tells me it cannot connect. I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. In the IP:Port box I type my Ip address then : and then the port 3306. The the database name which I have left as peq then my username and password. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong.

Akkadius
05-24-2013, 02:17 AM
I can't get EOC to connect to my database. I type in everything to login and i have forwarded port 3306 to my servers IP within my network yet it tells me it cannot connect. I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. In the IP:Port box I type my Ip address then : and then the port 3306. The the database name which I have left as peq then my username and password. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong.

Are you using root?

Because your setup may have included that root cannot be used from outside connections period.

You may have to setup another user and use that user that can accept connections from anyone and then give that user privileges.

xplodr
05-24-2013, 02:37 AM
How do i set up another user?

Akkadius
05-24-2013, 02:43 AM
How do i set up another user?

Easy to do in Navicat, you go to Manage Users. Otherwise if you don't have Navicat, you have to use:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-create-a-new-user-and-grant-permissions-in-mysql

EDIT: Instead of doing localhost, you would do % to signify it would come from anywhere. Or you could lock it down to my server and have @69.168.254.244

xplodr
05-24-2013, 03:48 AM
I did what it says and as far as i can tell the users were created however it still won't let me login

xplodr
05-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Also, I downloaded navicat but I can't figure out what to do with it when I have it up. Like how to load the database or anything.

xplodr
05-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Whenever I try to connect to my server through navicat it also times out

Akkadius
05-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Whenever I try to connect to my server through navicat it also times out

Can you give a bit more detail as to what you are doing when you try to connect to your server?

xplodr
05-25-2013, 01:53 AM
When I click the connection button upon opening navicat and use my personal IP address and port 3306 and fill out the rest of the connection with the username and password for MySQL it fails to connect. Could it be a firewall issue? usually my firewall asks me to unblock something if it detects something but it never asked.

xplodr
05-25-2013, 04:47 AM
I finally got it to work! I think it was my firewall, I turned it off and logged in like a charm. Now I have some questions about how to use it haha. Is there a way to remove no trade from all items and instead make all items attunable?

xplodr
05-25-2013, 04:56 AM
Or set up a sort of firiona vie ruleset?

Nerdgasm
05-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database "peq"

Is the error I get, all information is typed right.

Akkadius
05-28-2013, 11:57 PM

Is the error I get, all information is typed right.

Are you NATing your server? It will need to connect to your external IP (Public).

For an open public scenario (Public Address right on server) you simply need to enter your Internet facing address in the manual DB connection and your database info.

For a NAT private network scenario, you WILL need to forward ports (3306) in order for EoC to straddle your database :)

I made a drawing for this somewhere...

http://i.imgur.com/ZvxLMB4.png

Akkadius
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
There's been quite abit of use of this lately. I'm waiting to hear what people think of it so far.

Cylex
06-02-2013, 09:43 AM
The tool is great, and the Project Editor is amazingly useful.

There is a minor thing I noticed; when using it to create a new loot drop, it will not process the request, as there is no probability field.

ZionPhoenixGM
06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Disregard got it. was using the wrong IP

Bodmingaol
07-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Never mind....lol I figured it out..../facepalm

Thanks,

Bodmin

jsr
07-04-2013, 04:46 AM
this looks great, but I can't seem to get a db connection working. Here's what I've done;

1) Added port forward rule to router for TCP port 3306 to my mysql server IP

2) On the mysql server (windows 7), added firewall rule
- service MYSQL
- port 3306
- scope 69.168.254.244

3) Added a mysql user with host '%' and flushed privileges

Eq operations reports a connection error. Am I missing a step?

trevius
07-04-2013, 06:29 AM
this looks great, but I can't seem to get a db connection working. Here's what I've done;

1) Added port forward rule to router for TCP port 3306 to my mysql server IP

2) On the mysql server (windows 7), added firewall rule
- service MYSQL
- port 3306
- scope 69.168.254.244

3) Added a mysql user with host '%' and flushed privileges

Eq operations reports a connection error. Am I missing a step?

Are you able to connect to your DB from your PC using a tool like Navicat with the same settings you are trying to use for EOC? If you try using your external IP for the connection, I think that should verify if you are setup to allow remote connections.

I don't use MySQL on windows too often, but I believe there is a setting when you install it which lets you enable remote connections. I don't know how to adjust that after installing it offhand, but you may be able to just run the MySQL install again and change that setting this time through. Make sure to backup your DB before trying anything like that just in case!

jsr
07-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Nope, I can connect from local host but not to the external IP.

The only thing that feels like progress is when I use my default gateway IP, it gives an immediate connection error. Otherwise if I use my public IP (i.e. the one you'd see if you type "what's my IP" in google) or an invalid IP (201.201) it times out with a connection error.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I'm stumped.. I've added inbound and outbound filewall rules for port 3306 - in fact I've opened my firewall to the point where I'm sitting here paranoid, and the port forwarding is setup as per the rules for the emu server (which works fine).

If someone has this setup for a windows server and could describe the steps they took it would be great :)

p.s. I reconfigred mysql to make sure it was setup for remote connections (I think all it does is add a firewall rule).

jsr
07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Ok it was pretty straightforward in the end, I was confusing things by limiting connections to 1 .. and then using that connection to test locally :) /kick

Creating a MySQL user:
If using Navicat;
- In the username field, change it to something preferable to root_Copy (or keep it if you think it has a nice ring to it)
- In the password/confirm password fields, enter a secure password. Note: A long password (e.g. dogsandcatslikerawfishfordinner) is exponentially more secure than one with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols while also being much easier to remember
- Under the server privileges tab, uncheck the privileges 'File', 'Process', 'Drop', 'Shutdown', 'Super', and 'Create user' (there may be others worth disabling)
- Click Save

If you're using mysql command line you're either a) clever enough to do this part by yourself, or b) you should really get a copy of Navicat as it will improve your quality of life.

To create a filewall rule:
In windows firewall
- Click new rule
- Select 'Port' and click next
- Select 'TCP and specific local ports', enter 3306, click next
- Select 'Allow the connection', click next
- Select the appropriate network type ('domain', 'private', 'public'). This will typically be private but if in doubt tick them all. Then click next
- Enter a name for the rule (e.g. Incoming Mysql), click finish

For extra security:
- Refresh the list of rules (F5)
- Locate the new rule (e.g. Incoming Mysql) in the list, right click and choose Properties
- Under the scope tab, find Remote IP address and select 'These IP addresses'
- Click Add, select 'This IP or subnet'
- Enter 69.168.254.244
- Click Ok, and then click Ok again

jsr
07-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Akkadius and Trevius, at a glance this looks fantastic and will hopefully replace the tools I've been writing for myself! I'll give it a good workout over the next month or so and provide feedback.

Any preference on how you want to track feedback?

Akkadius
07-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Added your Mysql instructions to the placeholder post.

As far as feedback, I've used the tool extensively myself and I kind of know what needs to be done, however it doesn't hurt to have more.

EoC has been getting used very much but no one has been really coming forth and saying anything about it. But I know who is using it based on IP requests :)

The tools we created in it help a lot for customization development, but the PEQ Editor still is very much used by myself, very easy to setup.

Secrets
07-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Make sure your MySQL connection isn't set up to use @% hostmasks. There was a pretty big exploit regarding that a few months back (that was patched in recent versions), and make sure you have a proper firewall installed for the MySQL server to prevent further exploits:

http://thehackernews.com/2012/06/cve-2012-2122-serious-mysql.html

Raghnar
07-04-2013, 05:13 PM
EOC is the only tool I use now. There are a few things I cannot do here that I still do by hand in the db itself, but EOC is much easier.

Task editing seems a little buggy and updates to fields sometimes do not show up, but as long as I am paying attention and know which ones I have updated then no problems and the tasks work fine.

If I am mass tuning npcs in a zone then it is usually just easier to do that in Heidi or MySQL Command Center, but for tweaking individual npcs or loot tables I use EOC.

For some reason when editing spells if the spell is checked as uninteruptable, EOC's query fails on update:

Query failed:
UPDATE spells_new SET `uninterruptable` = "on" WHERE id=1617 - Incorrect integer value: 'on' for column 'uninterruptable' at row 1

Akkadius
07-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Sounds like you're using the PEQ Editor - which is going to fight with database schematic differences as well.

I've had a few things bomb out in PEQ Editor as well but nothing too crazy.

I could probably look at upgrading that partition of EOC.

As far as mass zone NPC editing type stuff, I do a lot of that through queries myself, though I have had thoughts in my head about doing mass NPC editing through EOC but I've been busy with other things.

As far as the task updating 'bug' what that really is, is you haven't changed the activity type value. This isn't necessarily an issue with you as it is the task editor should default that field to something else initially because it only 'updates' when the field has been changed, this is simple to fix. EDIT: I fixed the bug, the first field that pops up initially is '--- Select Activity Type ---' which defaults to 0, whenever the field changes it will update accordingly

Kingly_Krab
07-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Here's a query for mass updating a zone. Could use this until it's available on the EOC.
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2
ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.stuff = otherstuff WHERE spawn2.zone = 'ZONENAME';

Akkadius
09-29-2013, 05:44 AM
EoC Changelog 9/29/2013

Been a while since I've pushed changes to this bad boy, but I sure use it all of the time, and many others have been using it as well.

Vastly Improved Item search functionality, some things were completely hosed that I debugged
Added another Item Edit 'View' called 'Full View', this resembles a full page editing interface similar to Georges Editor
Fixed Music toggling for the Item Editor
Revamped many visuals for the Item Editor to easily distinguish fields
Added a feature where if any field is 'changed' the field will change to yellow to show that it has been changed until you save that item to the database, this helps with keeping track of what you've touched on the item
Created Item Editor sub-tool called 'Auto Scaler' which is now in BETA, the first scaling ability I've added is the ability to scale stats based on a percentage per groupings, this will update the item instanteously once you feel your statistics are where you want them
Added a link to the Icon Viewer on the main menu
Added a link to Races Viewer in the main menu
Added a link to the Weapons Viewer in the Main Menu

http://i.imgur.com/QSFuqpq.png
http://i.imgur.com/WqLaXnT.jpg

Akkadius
10-01-2013, 05:50 AM
EOC is the only tool I use now. There are a few things I cannot do here that I still do by hand in the db itself, but EOC is much easier.

Task editing seems a little buggy and updates to fields sometimes do not show up, but as long as I am paying attention and know which ones I have updated then no problems and the tasks work fine.

If I am mass tuning npcs in a zone then it is usually just easier to do that in Heidi or MySQL Command Center, but for tweaking individual npcs or loot tables I use EOC.

For some reason when editing spells if the spell is checked as uninteruptable, EOC's query fails on update:

Query failed:
UPDATE spells_new SET `uninterruptable` = "on" WHERE id=1617 - Incorrect integer value: 'on' for column 'uninterruptable' at row 1

This is a late post but I am responding anyways.

The issue with spells was fixed a while ago.

Also with your comment regarding a NPC Editor, I just got done finishing making a Georges inspired NPC Editor you can find on the menu

I plan on adding more searchable filters, most important of all this tool is extremely responsive.

http://i.imgur.com/YPLKRy5.png

Here is a picture of me using it for some tests, you can do some serious damage with it and it is in its very early stages (BETA):

http://i.imgur.com/McwiF5y.png

Stabones
10-04-2013, 01:08 AM
This is awesome. Is there anyway you can include quest modification in this bad boy?

Akkadius
10-04-2013, 02:05 AM
This is awesome. Is there anyway you can include quest modification in this bad boy?

Actually, I'm working on it - It will require the server operator to setup FTP though. But it should be pretty slick. Also offering a central repository for people to post script snippets as well if they want to share them.

Nerdgasm
10-04-2013, 03:44 AM
After tinkering around it for a bit, I can honestly say without a doubt this is one of the best item editors I've found out there, yes, Geroges is awesome, I won't deny that, but having to alt tab to find the items you want, and such was kind of a pain, and confusing. This has everything combined in it for items, and actually makes it WORTH the while DOING the items. I've only really used it for the Items, as that's all I wanted help with, and as I stated before, I love it, good job, Akka, good job whoever else helped make this. amazing work.

Akkadius
10-04-2013, 04:42 AM
After tinkering around it for a bit, I can honestly say without a doubt this is one of the best item editors I've found out there, yes, Geroges is awesome, I won't deny that, but having to alt tab to find the items you want, and such was kind of a pain, and confusing. This has everything combined in it for items, and actually makes it WORTH the while DOING the items. I've only really used it for the Items, as that's all I wanted help with, and as I stated before, I love it, good job, Akka, good job whoever else helped make this. amazing work.

Good! Glad people are starting to realize how powerful of a tool it really is and should see it progress over time.

And as far as who has worked on the project, Trevius and I have off and on for a while.

Aumdaydar1
10-04-2013, 08:39 AM
This tool is amazing, it's so much faster @ item customizing that GeorgeS Tools or any other tool that i've used for that matter...

Great job guys, please keep up the wonderful work!!!

Akkadius
10-07-2013, 10:20 PM
This tool is amazing, it's so much faster @ item customizing that GeorgeS Tools or any other tool that i've used for that matter...

Great job guys, please keep up the wonderful work!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I've been getting a ton of use in the logs recently, thousands of web requests a day!

Kingly_Krab
10-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I've been getting a ton of use in the logs recently, thousands of web requests a day!
Hey Akkadius, just wanted to say I love this, solely due to the use of PHP over C#, C++, or Java, thus the ability to make it so dynamic and it be much more efficient and easier to use for the community. Keep up the good work, I hope see a lot more viewers in the Operations Center in the future!

Furniture
10-11-2013, 03:01 PM
This tool is awesome the only thing I suggest is if its possible could you arrange the zone drop down list in the npc editor to be arranged by the shortname of the zone instead of in numerical zone# order. For example I tried to find sebilis, typing "sebilis" or "old sebilis" in the drop down would bring me to other zones but not sebilis. Scrolling through each zone one by one is a pain, so I had to get the zone number elsewhere and then find it.

Akkadius
10-11-2013, 05:21 PM
This tool is awesome the only thing I suggest is if its possible could you arrange the zone drop down list in the npc editor to be arranged by the shortname of the zone instead of in numerical zone# order. For example I tried to find sebilis, typing "sebilis" or "old sebilis" in the drop down would bring me to other zones but not sebilis. Scrolling through each zone one by one is a pain, so I had to get the zone number elsewhere and then find it.

Makes sense.

Done

Highlight the selector and just start typing the zone shortname

http://i.imgur.com/jVcXtPz.png

kimura
10-13-2013, 10:37 PM
can no longer connect. not sure why at this point...I haven't changed anything as far as I am aware...

Akkadius
10-13-2013, 10:48 PM
can no longer connect. not sure why at this point...I haven't changed anything as far as I am aware...

Clear out your cookies, make sure you aren't using any sort of popup blockers.

kimura
10-13-2013, 11:44 PM
ok, I figured it out...I lost my static ip...lol

fixed and back up :P
thanks

Akkadius
10-13-2013, 11:56 PM
ok, I figured it out...I lost my static ip...lol

fixed and back up :P
thanks

You don't lose your static IP, you lose your public DHCP IP :)

NatedogEZ
10-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Would it be possible for something similar to this to be added to the EoC?

Click on X icon and it shows all the IDFILEs associated with that icon. (this example uses base peq icons -> idfiles)

(Mine is kinda noobish .. though :) )
Hovering the picture will give you the IDFILE (the ones with boxes have IDFILEs associated with them in the base PEQ database)

http://i.imgur.com/RUfmrTn.png

Used a script to pull 1933 Arrays from the databse..

icon -> (idfile, idfile) ect ect..

Not sure if you are taking requests but this would be really awesome to see on the EoC :)

kimura
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
oh ok, well i set up my static ip from my router guide again and it works now, *shrug* lol thanks akk!

Akkadius
10-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Would it be possible for something similar to this to be added to the EoC?

Click on X icon and it shows all the IDFILEs associated with that icon. (this example uses base peq icons -> idfiles)

(Mine is kinda noobish .. though :) )
Hovering the picture will give you the IDFILE (the ones with boxes have IDFILEs associated with them in the base PEQ database)

http://i.imgur.com/RUfmrTn.png

Used a script to pull 1933 Arrays from the databse..

icon -> (idfile, idfile) ect ect..

Not sure if you are taking requests but this would be really awesome to see on the EoC :)

Would be pretty simple to add. I will add it when I am working on things next.

Etoc
10-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Hi all, I just changed ISPs and didn't realize that the new one was using CGNAT, they had the info hidden pretty well but that's beside the point.
After looking around a bit I'm still in the dark as to how or if there is anything I can do about this. I'll find another ISP but in the interim I'm wondering if there is a work around?
Will a VPN get me past CGNAT? I'm working on a server but am a long way of making it public so the latency isn't really too much of an issue.
I can also use SQL commands and Georges tools but this seems like a much better option.

Akkadius
10-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Hi all, I just changed ISPs and didn't realize that the new one was using CGNAT, they had the info hidden pretty well but that's beside the point.
After looking around a bit I'm still in the dark as to how or if there is anything I can do about this. I'll find another ISP but in the interim I'm wondering if there is a work around?
Will a VPN get me past CGNAT? I'm working on a server but am a long way of making it public so the latency isn't really too much of an issue.
I can also use SQL commands and Georges tools but this seems like a much better option.

CGNAT shouldn't keep you from using this - they should be able to adjust your circuit to be able to support such things as needing to direct particular ports for traffic. That is something you need to take up with them.

Etoc
10-15-2013, 07:12 AM
CGNAT shouldn't keep you from using this - they should be able to adjust your circuit to be able to support such things as needing to direct particular ports for traffic. That is something you need to take up with them.

They should be able to and can from what I understand but at this early stage it is a flat no from my contact with them. Willing to let me go as a customer rather than create a solution that I even said I would pay for. I'm guessing I'll be better off elsewhere anyway ;-)
I'll just research VPN and give it a shot.
It does pose a bigger question though, seems from my research that this is going to roll out pretty much everywhere soon under the guise that IPv4 is running out of IP numbers. This may be sort of true but there is other options to controlling us like this, and it looks like ISPs will use this to create another user charge. Only when everyone stands up to them will they buy the hardware for IPv6 and move on, you know how it goes, get everything out of the old hardware before you move to what is out there.

knowom
10-27-2013, 06:14 AM
Managed to actually get this setup and working I tried to get AllaClone and PEQ PHPeditor working on my xampp server, but I couldn't manage to make either work right. From what I can see EOC is amazing this is going to make so many things much much easier and quicker. Anyway time for sleep for me, but I'll defiantly be messing around with this tomorrow a lot.

Akkadius
10-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Managed to actually get this setup and working I tried to get AllaClone and PEQ PHPeditor working on my xampp server, but I couldn't manage to make either work right. From what I can see EOC is amazing this is going to make so many things much much easier and quicker. Anyway time for sleep for me, but I'll defiantly be messing around with this tomorrow a lot.

It's definitely incredibly convenient - I use it for several different DB's to manage and I don't have to install anything additional. My only cost of ownership is having to maintain it and develop new stuff :P

knowom
10-27-2013, 07:29 PM
It's definitely incredibly convenient - I use it for several different DB's to manage and I don't have to install anything additional. My only cost of ownership is having to maintain it and develop new stuff :P I've had a chance to look it over a bit more it's quite nice it's pretty straight forward from the looks of it. Great job and thanks a lot for making this tool and providing access to it for the community as well.

rlie_0
10-29-2013, 07:55 PM
A few things, I think turned allow remote access OFF, any thing i can do to turn this on?

and B, when using a router do i still use the computers IP Address along with the :3306 at the end to log into this thing? or do i use my modens IP with :3306?

Akkadius
10-30-2013, 12:50 AM
A few things, I think turned allow remote access OFF, any thing i can do to turn this on?

and B, when using a router do i still use the computers IP Address along with the :3306 at the end to log into this thing? or do i use my modens IP with :3306?

Rile - You use your public IP address - this tool is routing over the internet to get to your Mysql server. If you don't know where to find this - you can find it at whatsmyip.org

You will need port 3306 'Forwarded' to your internal machine on your network, however when typing your public in EoC - it is implied that you are using 3306 so you do not need to set it

rlie_0
10-30-2013, 12:51 AM
I dont think I set allow remote access when i installed this mysql, everything else now seems to be set in place.

When i attempt to log in it says it cant connect to server / DB

I know my DB name is peq, i know my user name, PW, only thing in question since im behind a router is; IP.Port...I know what my IP address is for the computer I put that in, along with port:3306, still fails to let me in with no idea whats really stopping me im currently stalled out :( Think it might be my modens IP address and not my computers IP address?

Any sugguestions?

Akkadius
10-30-2013, 12:58 AM
I dont think I set allow remote access when i installed this mysql, everything else now seems to be set in place.

When i attempt to log in it says it cant connect to server / DB

I know my DB name is peq, i know my user name, PW, only thing in question since im behind a router is; IP.Port...I know what my IP address is for the computer I put that in, along with port:3306, still fails to let me in with no idea whats really stopping me im currently stalled out :( Think it might be my modens IP address and not my computers IP address?

Any sugguestions?

As suggested in the first post, you will most likely need to create a custom user that can access your database table. Recommended installs have 'root' user connections prohibited from the outside world. You will need a user that can access the DB from the outside world such as mentioned in the first post. I also answered your questions regarding IP:Port on the edit on my post before

Akkadius
10-30-2013, 12:58 AM
I've had a chance to look it over a bit more it's quite nice it's pretty straight forward from the looks of it. Great job and thanks a lot for making this tool and providing access to it for the community as well.

Glad you have found it useful. I've had many many folks using it lately.

rlie_0
10-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Hm. Even when I've followed the posted information, still says Cannot connect to server! Connet connect to database "peq"!

Im using all the same information at the Login, as I entered when creating a duplicated User. Even deleted THAT user, and created a new User incase i missed something, and same overall result. bummed out this looks like alot of fun!

Akkadius
10-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Hm. Even when I've followed the posted information, still says Cannot connect to server! Connet connect to database "peq"!

Im using all the same information at the Login, as I entered when creating a duplicated User. Even deleted THAT user, and created a new User incase i missed something, and same overall result. bummed out this looks like alot of fun!

Are you forwarding ports at your router correctly?
Are you allowing 3306 through your Windows Firewall?
Are you sure you are using the same exact credentials you made in your user

When you make your user you need to make sure that you don't use the IP address of YOUR machine - because it is specifying what IP address the user will connect FROM if you wanted to restrict it, otherwise % means any host.

All of these things have to be set up correctly or it simply won't work. Once it does - you'll be really happy. :-D

rlie_0
10-30-2013, 04:19 AM
I feel I have....followed it step by step. Its crazy its failed to really work lol. But upon install of mysql I did uncheck allow remote access. Or somewhere down the line where it asked me to allow it I did uncheck allow remote access and I think thats what the problem is.

I was asked this during the run your own server install and set up. I believe this box was unchecked during an install. Again I'm sorry about the noob question and problems. New to a lot of this but I'd like be become a part of all this. I see a lot fun interesting things other severs have done and I'd like to be part of this great community. So thank you for the help upto this point.

Akkadius
10-30-2013, 04:43 AM
I feel I have....followed it step by step. Its crazy its failed to really work lol. But upon install of mysql I did uncheck allow remote access. Or somewhere down the line where it asked me to allow it I did uncheck allow remote access and I think thats what the problem is.

I was asked this during the run your own server install and set up. I believe this box was unchecked during an install. Again I'm sorry about the noob question and problems. New to a lot of this but I'd like be become a part of all this. I see a lot fun interesting things other severs have done and I'd like to be part of this great community. So thank you for the help upto this point.

The part of the install that you check/uncheck is remote root access - which should be disabled.

You create a separate user for that function.

NatedogEZ
10-30-2013, 07:01 AM
What type of scripting is the "Zone Tools" my Mozilla keep blocking it. :(

It does however work on my Internet Explorer (but I hate IE) and it is really awesome.. I just want to get it working on my Mozilla.

Kingly_Krab
10-30-2013, 07:11 AM

It does however work on my Internet Explorer (but I hate IE) and it is really awesome.. I just want to get it working on my Mozilla.
It works in Google Chrome.

Akkadius
10-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Blocking any sort of javascript or ajax methods will cause it not to work - most of EoC is built on AJAX methods.

I do all of my development in Google Chrome - I do after tests with Mozilla - and I completely ignore IE.

And yes - Zone tools are one of the most powerful tools in EoC. I didn't do much to explain what it does.

Maze_EQ
10-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Remove, double post

Maze_EQ
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM

Are you sure your database name is peq?

rlie_0
10-30-2013, 05:13 PM
When I set up the server I used the guide this forum has and any time I needed to source anything in the command promote I had to type in use peq in order to have it work.

So anytime I have looked tables or change anything in Heidi and navt I open the peq database. So I figured that's my database. It might be my internet browser IE or firefox are the two I've tried. Still can't connect. Would love to see this tho people love when they are able to log in and use this tool.

Nerdgasm
11-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Randomly started working again, like 5 minutes after I posted this, still <3 it. I use it to make my spells, then copy then and export them... Have gotten 160 spells done in literally 30 minutes.

Using this program + shared_memory and exporting your spell table, it's just amazing. :D

I know I said it once, but I will again.

Great job you two. :)

Akkadius
11-22-2013, 12:58 AM
It's up again, its been botnetted though so I need to actually move it to another machine. Hit by the apache exploit. Fortunately the way EoC is built you don't have to worry about your connection info.

I killed the shit it was running and removed the tools they've embedded from the web services, but I'll need to rebuild the node. Not going to do it right now but EoC should be useable now.

kimura
11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
the peqeditor part doesn't bring up peqeditor anymore for me...just your background

Akkadius
11-22-2013, 12:58 PM
the peqeditor part doesn't bring up peqeditor anymore for me...just your background

It still works, not sure what issue you are running into.

Nerdgasm
11-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Is it down again? Haven't been able to use it for a while?

Akkadius
11-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Is it down again? Haven't been able to use it for a while?

Rebooted node, still need to rebuild it. It will periodically lock up from massive bandwidth saturation.

Nerdgasm
11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Righto, thanks bud. =) I'll try to get tons of work done on it today, so we don't run into the 'can't make spells very well' issue. Haha.

Adol77
12-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Is eoc down? I haven't been able to connect to it yesterday or today.

Thanks for this great tool it works great.

Akkadius
12-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Is eoc down? I haven't been able to connect to it yesterday or today.

Thanks for this great tool it works great.

I've rebooted the node again, I still need to rebuild the machine.

Adol77
12-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks Akkadius.

chrsschb
12-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Awesome tool so far.

Is there a way to get the bottom scroll bar to be visible at all times?

Akkadius
12-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Awesome tool so far.

Is there a way to get the bottom scroll bar to be visible at all times?

Are you referring to the NPC editor scroller?

chrsschb
12-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Are you referring to the NPC editor scroller?

Yeah, when working with a huge list it's rather annoying scrolling alllllll the way down to go over to bounce between fields.

Akkadius
12-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Yeah, when working with a huge list it's rather annoying scrolling alllllll the way down to go over to bounce between fields.

Not necessarily the easiest thing in the world because the first 3 columns are completely separate HTML entities so if I fixed the size of the data columns it would not look right with the rest and be even more of a pain.

There are solutions but nothing that would be a graceful one with the time I have right now.

What I would recommend is to shorten your criteria if you can to make things easier to work with.

knowom
12-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, when working with a huge list it's rather annoying scrolling alllllll the way down to go over to bounce between fields. Try home/end page up/page down keyboard shortcut keys. Not sure if this applies to what your trying to do or not, but helps a lot for some stuff. It also works great to quickly get to the bottom of a forum post that your looking to read.

Coenxai
12-16-2013, 05:02 AM
Currently down, Akkadius. :) Neat tool!

Akkadius
12-16-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm taking it down right now I need to move it to another node. I'll let everyone know when it is moved. It should not have issues of going down afterwards.

Akkadius
12-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Almost done moving things over. I had no time yesterday but a few hours if midnight and I can't keep the old node up because of a script that was constantly being injected. I've cleaned things up and moved most things over, will finish up in the next few hours.

Coenxai
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Almost done moving things over. I had no time yesterday but a few hours if midnight and I can't keep the old node up because of a script that was constantly being injected. I've cleaned things up and moved most things over, will finish up in the next few hours.

Awesome :) Thanks bud.

Akkadius
12-17-2013, 10:37 PM
EOC Services are restored, you will now have to browse to:

http://eoc.akkadius.com/AC/eoc/index.php

Everything else should work as normal, if you run into issues please let me know.

Might need a little bit for DNS to switch back to the old IP

Coenxai
12-19-2013, 10:08 AM
An awesome addition to this would be an armor tint tool

Nerdgasm
12-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Went to the new site, tried logging in again, and it's not connecting. =/. Lol.

Coenxai
12-20-2013, 04:27 AM
It's working fine for me right now. Are you certain you followed the steps appropriately?

Nerdgasm
12-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I followed the steps, I had whispers Aka about it. I'm a retard and the last time I updated my computer my IP changed.

Township EQ
12-21-2013, 12:30 AM
it also runs at lightning speed now.. i like.

Akkadius
12-21-2013, 12:45 AM
it also runs at lightning speed now.. i like.

You noticed, yeah I snuck in some pretty nice optimizations I've picked up from my professional projects.

Hope everyone enjoys it, haven't been able to put in the time into it recently. But for what it has, it covers a lot of ground.

Township EQ
12-24-2013, 12:07 AM
You noticed, yeah I snuck in some pretty nice optimizations I've picked up from my professional projects.

Hope everyone enjoys it, haven't been able to put in the time into it recently. But for what it has, it covers a lot of ground.

It's running great.

One question I had has to do with the task system. Is making proximities broken or is there something I'm missing? Everything else updates properly but I can't get my proximity data to stay it always just reverts to 0.

edit: I'm getting an update error at the top.

http://gyazo.com/caa069d3fa26553e42f74b5cd42c1fd4.png

Akkadius
12-24-2013, 12:21 AM
It's running great.

One question I had has to do with the task system. Is making proximities broken or is there something I'm missing? Everything else updates properly but I can't get my proximity data to stay it always just reverts to 0.

edit: I'm getting an update error at the top.

http://gyazo.com/caa069d3fa26553e42f74b5cd42c1fd4.png

I'm not sure about proximities with the task tool, but you can simulate the task update with an invisible NPC and updating their task based on the conditions that you want.

Trevius put the task tool together.

TylerBarnes
12-30-2013, 01:10 AM
I can't seem to get it to work.
I made sure 3306 was open, I created a new user with Navicat, tried disabling windows firewall all together and tried it in two different browsers (Chrome/Firefox).
Anyone know of any other work arounds?

Akkadius
12-30-2013, 01:21 AM
I can't seem to get it to work.

I made sure 3306 was open, I created a new user with Navicat, tried disabling windows firewall all together and tried it in two different browsers (Chrome/Firefox).
Anyone know of any other work arounds?

Give more information, like what are you trying to put in the EoC DB form for logging in. Your IP Address, are you behind a router that is firewalling your connection?

TylerBarnes
01-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Sorry for the delay I was busy for the new year.
I am behind a router but I did open the port on both the router and my computer's firewall.
Perhaps I didn't do it right?
Global Port Range: 7000-7100
Protocal: both
Host Port: 3306

I googled "what is my ip" and google told me 108.84.100.62.
I then put Manual DB connection and put
IP:Port: 108.84.100.62:3306
DB Name: peq
Then the login name and password I set when I created the new user.

Havok2all
01-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I am pretty much at the same spot. I am concerned whether or not my mysql in set to remotely listen to port 3306.

Akkadius
01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Some common issues are:

Your Firewall is not forwarding the port correctly to your internal device (3306)
Windows Firewall is blocking your Mysql service (3306)
Your Mysql user is not properly configured to allow connections remotely (Root can be set to not allow remote connections)
Your Mysql user 'host' is not allowing EoC to connect, either '%' or '69.168.254.244' is not set as the allowed host

EoC won't have an issue connecting to your database given that it is actually visible to the outside world. You have to have everything open for it to be able to even see your Database before it will work correctly. Many users use this successfully however some might find a little difficulty with the initial connection.

Once they are in, the rest is easy.

Havok2all
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Some common issues are:

Your Firewall is not forwarding the port correctly to your internal device (3306)
Windows Firewall is blocking your Mysql service (3306)
Your Mysql user is not properly configured to allow connections remotely (Root can be set to not allow remote connections)
Your Mysql user 'host' is not allowing EoC to connect, either '%' or '69.168.254.244' is not set as the allowed host

EoC won't have an issue connecting to your database given that it is actually visible to the outside world. You have to have everything open for it to be able to even see your Database before it will work correctly. Many users use this successfully however some might find a little difficulty with the initial connection.

Once they are in, the rest is easy.

Thanks for replying Akkadius. I am new to doing this kind of stuff, so learning as I go.

When I create a new user for connecting, should he be written out as so?:

example: 'eocuser'@'69.168.254.244'

In regards to this statement:

I am not sure what this means. I am pretty sure I have my ports open on my firewall for 3306. I even turned everything off to give it try with no luck. Edit: Just to clarify are you saying we need to set up a SSH tunnel for port 3306?

lerxst2112
01-02-2014, 09:47 PM
You don't need a tunnel, you need port 3306 on your router forwarded to port 3306 on the machine with MySQL running on it.

When you say:
Global Port Range: 7000-7100
Protocal: both
Host Port: 3306
It sounds like you did it wrong.

Havok2all
01-02-2014, 10:12 PM
lerxst2112,

You sir are da man! It was my router port. Thanks so much for your assistance.

TylerBarnes
01-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Looks like I got it working.
I used MYSQL to create a new user and granted it privileges.
Here are the links I used to do so just in case anyone else is having these problems.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, all.

Creating a new MySQL user (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-user.html)
Granting privileges to user (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/grant.html)

Expletus
01-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I can't for the life of me get this to work.

I used NaviCat Premium and set up the user as described.
I used gaming rules to open port 3306 (tcp / udp) for my machine (192.168.0.198)
I used incoming rules for windows firewall to allow as described.

All info I put in is correct, whats my ip etc. Just won't connect. :-?

user / pw / db etc all checked and accurate.

Using firefox and even tried in IE8. I'm at a loss.

Havok2all
01-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Did you check your ports on your router? Making sure had one open for port 3306. That was my issue.

Expletus
01-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Yes sir. Ports are open. Every step has been double checked.

Expletus
01-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Windows firewall is showing the rule made as allowing the port and the ip address was added (the step 2).

I removed the router and direct connected and still couldn't get connected to the site. Nothing is blocking the port. I got my public ip address... I just don't know where to look now.

trevius
01-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Try making a new database connection in Navicat using your external IP address for the host, and 3306 for the port. If that works, then it should prove that your external access stuff is setup properly and then we might need to look into it further why it isn't working for EOC. I suspect that your external access will not work, which would point to further issues on your end.

Most likely, you are running your server on Windows, and you did not enable remote DB access when you installed MySQL. If that is the case, then you should be able to go through the setup settings again like a new install of MySQL and check the box to allow remote connections when going through the setup.

Expletus
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Did everything you told me to, didn't get a connection with the external ip for the host. Re-did MySQL and didn't work either.

I dunno now. I'm kinda up shits creek.

Expletus
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Alright so I rand a http://localhost:3306/ in my browser and got the following:

>���
5.1.68-community�'��HdB\'J~]�ÿ÷!��������������65FBYudu?x`V���ÿ„Got packets out of order

Any ideas ?

Expletus
01-12-2014, 10:08 AM
3306 Port Closed - Connection timed out

according to http://www.ipmango.com/network/port_forward

I've tried everything I can. I'm wondering if anyone knows if verizon blocks this port with their 4G usb cards? Everything is done according to the steps given. Getting mad now ;)

Akkadius
01-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Alright so I rand a http://localhost:3306/ in my browser and got the following:

Any ideas ?

Expletus, 3306 is not a web browser port. Are you reading the instructions on the first page? Everything is listed there.

Expletus
01-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes I did around 10-12 times now. That was me trying to see if my port was open, which I later learned was not the way. So that's my bad.

I'm just trying to figure out of my usb verizon pantech uml290 blocks that port naturally. Everything else is in line with the directions however this port just won't open.

Expletus
01-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Looks like I found my answer.
http://www.4ginfo.com/index.php/verizon-4g-lte-doesnt-work-for-remote-applications.html

apparently they do not allow any sort of port forwarding.

sorvani
01-13-2014, 12:55 AM
You are trying to run a server on cellular? Or was this just a local server that you want Akkaidus' tools for?

Expletus
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Local that I wanted to use for the editor. NO biggie I guess I get to miss out on this :( :( :(

Akkadius
01-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Local that I wanted to use for the editor. NO biggie I guess I get to miss out on this :( :( :(

There are a ton more issues involved in getting NEW end users to get connected by installing their own web software/site and configuring it than it is to simply open a port and setup a user for Mysql to get started. You will have to think of a different strategy that will allow you to use the platform.

Xiao
01-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Amazing amazing amazing stuff. Will be using this extensively. Would love to see quest management put in this, especially with stuff like some of your dev plugins being included (i.e. the Christmas ones). Would also be interesting to see categories in the item/race viewers (swords, spears, daggers/humanoids, undead, dragons). You do amazing work Akka and Trev, keep it up!

Coenxai
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Server down?

Akkadius
03-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Server down?

Nope, its up?

Coenxai
03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Nope, its up?

Thanks for the update. I'm going to clear my cache and try again in that case.

Edit: That fixed it. :)

rlie_0
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM
IP address is correct,
User name is correct,
Port 3306 is open (check it),
DB name correct,
Password correct....

Still fails to log in.
Using Windows 7, Linksys E1200 Router, here is my ping test from router

PING 69.168.254.244 (69.168.254.244): 32 data bytes

40 bytes from 69.168.254.244: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 Time=113.0 ms

40 bytes from 69.168.254.244: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 Time=114.7 ms

40 bytes from 69.168.254.244: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 Time=156.5 ms

40 bytes from 69.168.254.244: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 Time=113.4 ms

40 bytes from 69.168.254.244: icmp_seq=4 ttl=52 Time=108.8 ms

--- 69.168.254.244 data statistics ---

5 Packets transmitted, 5 Packets received, 0% Packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max = 108.8/121.2/156.5 ms

Appears my router can talk ya.

moofta
04-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Have you tried http://www.canyouseeme.org/ for that port?

Also, ensure that the MySQL user you are using has remote access rights. I had a problem where I had a user set up, re-imported the db from a backup and it wouldn't let me connect from EOC until I recreated the user (in fact I created a new one which I deleted after my session *paranoid*).

Akkadius
04-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Have you tried http://www.canyouseeme.org/ for that port?

Also, ensure that the MySQL user you are using has remote access rights. I had a problem where I had a user set up, re-imported the db from a backup and it wouldn't let me connect from EOC until I recreated the user (in fact I created a new one which I deleted after my session *paranoid*).

LOL. I don't do anything with anyone's logins. People who do that snakey shit should die in a fire.

lerxst2112
04-09-2014, 04:37 AM
I can telnet to port 3306 on that ip. Seems open, but you could still have a permissions problem or have external logins turned off.

moofta
04-09-2014, 06:21 AM
LOL. I don't do anything with anyone's logins. People who do that snakey shit should die in a fire.

You don't I'm sure, I did emphasise the paranoid aspect ;)

But it's not over TLS/SSL so basically sent in clear text over the net. I am a little paranoid about SQL logins over the net due to things I've encountered at work in the past... Mind you, see http://heartbleed.com/

I think it is fair to say that you should disable the port forwarding on your router after a session though unless you have a compelling reason not to (being lazy is by definition not compelling!)

Akkadius
04-09-2014, 12:39 PM
You don't I'm sure, I did emphasise the paranoid aspect ;)

But it's not over TLS/SSL so basically sent in clear text over the net. I am a little paranoid about SQL logins over the net due to things I've encountered at work in the past... Mind you, see http://heartbleed.com/

I think it is fair to say that you should disable the port forwarding on your router after a session though unless you have a compelling reason not to (being lazy is by definition not compelling!)

Just restrict remote logins to IP specificly and you'll be fine.

Even with the MySQL hash exploit as long as you restrict via IP you will be fine.

rlie_0
04-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I can telnet to port 3306 on that ip. Seems open, but you could still have a permissions problem or have external logins turned off.

How do I check the permissions and external logins? I followed all the directions on the first page it all worked as it should without skipping a beat.

Ive just hit a wall in figuring this out. I keep checking re checking, recreating users, different user name, passwords, even attempting different DB names(I got a test server and normal one). Still says I cant connect. Sucks, this looks like a great tool to use.

AudioGarden21
04-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Just an FYI, I've been having issues with improperly named fields in the spell editor throwing off several "unknown column '...' in 'field list' errors which have been renamed in the database apparently (I haven't messed with PEQ in quite some time and just fresh-installed today).

I'll go through the whole list of field names on the EoC page (luckily it provides me with everything I need!) and get back to you with updated field names so you can get that fixed up. It'll have to wait a bit because I am as tired as dog shit.

Akkadius
04-09-2014, 07:33 PM
I will put it on my list to add another PEQ Editor partition and keep the old one up there for more legacy DB's.

When I put up the new one I will simply add my wrappers that will leverage your same DB info into the new code/schema.

Akkadius
04-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Alright, I have created a new PEQ Editor partition which should behave just like the legacy editor in which if you are logged in with your database you should have no problems managing it with the editor. This should have all the latest updates and talk nicely with the latest database schemas.

It is PEQ Editor 421 located at the bottom of the menu list (For Revision 421)

http://i.imgur.com/dlpP0mP.png

AudioGarden21
04-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Alright, I have created a new PEQ Editor partition which should behave just like the legacy editor in which if you are logged in with your database you should have no problems managing it with the editor. This should have all the latest updates and talk nicely with the latest database schemas.

It is PEQ Editor 421 located at the bottom of the menu list (For Revision 421)

http://i.imgur.com/dlpP0mP.png

Awesome!

I just managed to finally copy a spell, which is what I was trying to do when it threw those errors. All seems well atm.

I'll be sure to forward any other issues I come across.

Great work on this thing. I can see it really shaping the future of Emu.

*** EDIT ***

I've come across two problems thus far when messing with spells;

1. - Item 'Spell Search' field under PEQ Editor - Items (under Spells) returns error "Could not connect: Unknown MySQL server host 'omittedIP/Port' (11)

2. - Generate spells_us.txt non-functional - throws error "Error opening spells_us.txt for writing. Make sure the path is writable.

I was able to use PEQ Editor r358 to generate the spell file. I'm not sure if they would be compatible, but it works there nonetheless.

*** EDIT ***

r358 is definitely not compatible. I didn't think it would be lol, but it is what it is. Hopefully this'll all get fixed soon so I can actually export my spells, otherwise it's useless for me to mess with spells anymore since Null's is far too out of date and I have no other exporter.

Akkadius
04-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I've corrected the issue with spells_us.txt not generating, was simply a permissions issue with the new build.

AudioGarden21
04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
I've corrected the issue with spells_us.txt not generating, was simply a permissions issue with the new build.

You sir, are a sexy man. ;)

Akkadius
04-11-2014, 10:55 AM
You sir, are a sexy man. ;)

Whut

/10char

AudioGarden21
04-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Whut

/10char

Just commending you on your prompt fixes and responses. =D

Also, is there any plan to add an import feature? Or perhaps an assignment to "lowest spell ID available" option?

I'm running into the spell count overflow issue using my SoF client, and with no way to import my old spell file from way back I'm sort of stuck in a rut.

Akkadius
04-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Just commending you on your prompt fixes and responses. =D

Also, is there any plan to add an import feature? Or perhaps an assignment to "lowest spell ID available" option?

I'm running into the spell count overflow issue using my SoF client, and with no way to import my old spell file from way back I'm sort of stuck in a rut.

The PEQ editor is not my work so you'd have to ask them. I do plan on writing an extensive spell editor here soon though

rhyotte
04-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Oooh! Spell Editor! Doing it the semi-by-hand way gets kinda tedious ;)

Esildor
04-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Might be a fail on my end but never received this error before:

When trying to Save an item edit in the EoC(not PEQEditor) I'm getting a 404 not found and the following:

The requested URL /AC/eoc/extitems.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at eoc.akkadius.com Port 80

Akkadius
04-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Might be a fail on my end but never received this error before:

When trying to Save an item edit in the EoC(not PEQEditor) I'm getting a 404 not found and the following:

The requested URL /AC/eoc/extitems.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at eoc.akkadius.com Port 80

Try it again sir

Esildor
04-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Try it again sir

Yup, it's working again, Nice!

Coenxai
05-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Would it be possible to have no-drop and no-rent default to "No" when creating an item with the PEQ editor?

knowom
05-09-2014, 10:00 PM
I was looking at AUTO SCALER adding proc level/proc rate to the list of scaling options would be nice. It would be great to just scale some proc rates to items as another option. In fact bane damage and haste ratio could be as well.

Just some suggestions for improvement to it I don't know how involved those would be to add to it, but would be nice if they were available.

Bandor
05-21-2014, 01:22 AM
won't connect to my database for some reason,having no luck getting an editor working lol

Leetsauce
05-21-2014, 01:44 AM
Probably a port issue, I would imagine Bandor. I had also had to disable windows firewall entirely when I set this up. For whatever reason it's default position was to block all ports EXCEPT ones specified. That may be something to look into.

vsab
05-21-2014, 03:49 AM
For whatever reason it's default position was to block all ports EXCEPT ones specified.

That's the point of having a firewall!

Bandor
05-21-2014, 08:59 AM
took down firewalls completely this morning and still won't work. I haven't forwarded my ports off my router (as I really didn't see a reason to open my server up just yet). So im thinking its either from that or my IP is wrong (which I doubt it is). lol I tried 3 editors yesterday and got 3 failures :P

Esildor
05-21-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure if you haven't forwarded ports off your router yet than that is your issue. As I understand it. EoC is running elsewhere and needs to be able to get into your computer to make the DB changes you're doing on the EoC/Editor. i.e. need port forwarding open so EoC can communicate with your DB.

Bandor
05-21-2014, 04:36 PM
thats what I thought,time to call the cable company then lol

Bandor
05-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Forwarded my ports but still unable to connect,not sure what else to do at this point.

knowom
05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Setup your EQemu DB and get that working. Setup a port to forward from your router and windows firewall may additionally need it manually setup as well. Use your EQemu DB name, DB user, and DB pass. Use your IP with a port you've setup for port forwarding in your router config.

Go here to find your IP use that with your port.
http://www.whatismyip.com/

For example if your IP was 72.77.32.219 and your port was 6666 it would look like "72.77.32.219:6666" w/o the parentheses.

Bandor
05-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Ok so I contacted my internet provider and they had no luck either. They said I need the name of the application and if its TCP or UDP and the exact ports. I gave them port 3306 but am unsure on the rest of it. I gave them 3306 because that is what I used for setting up my server as the guides had suggested. If anyone would be able to further assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

vsab
05-22-2014, 10:55 AM
You are trying to allow the EOC website to connect to your MySQL database using TCP/IP on port 3306.

Have you read the whole thread as most common problems have already been covered? To recap:-

Go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Put in 3306 and scan (obviously ensure Mysql is running). If it can't "see" you then either:-

1. You haven't started MySql (Google how to do it), or
2. You haven't opened that port in Windows Firewall (Google how to do it), or
3. Haven't set up port forwarding correctly (Google how to do it).

There's also the possibility that you set up MySQL on a port other than 3306, but you'd probably remember doing that!

If that website *CAN* see you then you may not have allowed remote login access in MySQL.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'username'@'69.168.254.244' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

change 'username' to the user you set up, and 'password' to the password you set up.

Bandor
05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
did what you said. Website saw me and said port was not blocked. So i put the code in a command prompt. tried to log in again and no luck. im not sure what im doing wrong lol

vsab
05-22-2014, 11:35 AM
in a mysql command prompt or just a normal one?(It needs to be in the mysql one or you could do it in HeidiSQL).

When you issued the command what did it say back to you?

Bandor
05-22-2014, 11:48 AM
I opened a command prompt and loaded to mysql using

mysql -uroot -ppassword

when I inserted code it said Ok,0 rows affected.

trevius
05-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Try installing Navicat or something similar and create a connection to your database using your external IP address (which you can find using the instructions in previous posts).

You can download a trial of it here. I think they stopped providing a free/lite version a while back, but the trial should work fine for this testing:

http://www.navicat.com/products/navicat-for-mysql

If you can't get a connection to work using the external address of your server, then there is something wrong with your configuration somewhere. It should work fine if you use the local IP address of your server, if you are running it from the same PC.

Some potential problems/solutions are:

1. You are using the incorrect IP address for connecting. You need to use the external IP address of your network because that is what everything outside of your local network will see your server as.

2. You did not forward port 3306 on your router. If you do not forward this port, your router will not allow the connection from the outside of your network to reach your server. It also would not even know which IP on your LAN to send it to. It is very important that you set your router for forward port 3306 to the local IP of the server your database is running on.

3. Your db account does not have permissions to be accessed from remote connections. As mentioned above, you would need to set your account(s) that you are trying to use from the outside connections (such as from EOC) to be able to be used from that source IP or domain name (such as 69.168.254.244 provided in a previous post). To simplify things, you might try setting it to be able to work from all IPs (using *.*), though you would probably want to limit it to specific IPs after you get it working to prevent potential security issues.

4. If everything else has been done and it still does not work, then you are probably running MySQL on Windows and did not check the box to allow remote connections to your DB when you installed MySQL. That can probably be resolved by changing a setting somewhere, but the only way I have ever done it is by running the MySQL install again and checking that box during the install. It is off by default, so I think a lot of Windows users might run into this issue.

I believe that all of that stuff will be required to setup a connection using Navicat that points to your server as if it was an outside address (using your external IP address).

Once your connection works in Navicat, you should be able to use the exact same settings in EOC and it will work.

Bandor
05-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Ok,Navicat connected to my db no problem at all.canyouseeme.com says they see port 3306 and it is NOT being blocked. Trying to modify the mysql installer did not work. So im guessing I will have to delete mysql and reinstall it completely. Question is if I do that will I lose my db changes? Or will a simple db backup keep that from being an issue?

Bandor
05-24-2014, 06:58 PM
redoing mysql didn't seem to help any. Who knows lol

Coenxai
07-29-2014, 05:15 AM
PEQ Editor down in EOC?

Akkadius
07-29-2014, 06:23 AM
PEQ Editor down in EOC?

Fixed. I'm working on 2.0 and I accidentally broke that piece in 1.0

Coenxai
09-05-2014, 05:39 AM
Edit: It's fixed already.

vsab
09-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Is there going to be a possibility to run this locally like the peq database editor? The reason I ask is I'm generally building my world on a laptop in a disconnected environment (commuting) so cannot really use EOC as-is.

Akkadius
09-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I have been working on a lot of things related to EOC and I do plan to release some information on this within a timely manner.

Short answer is yes vsab

Halon
11-11-2014, 07:50 PM
I have been working on a lot of things related to EOC and I do plan to release some information on this within a timely manner.

Short answer is yes vsab

That will be awesome, I have a similar issue with my laptop and travelling but also I use a lot of hotel connections and have no way to access their routes to open ports.

I am currently behind like 3 routers right now before I hit the internet. :? It is a pain in rear!

kimura
12-11-2014, 12:18 PM
hey Akk,

Just got this trying to generate a spell file, not sure if the issue is mine or yours :P

http://i.imgur.com/in2xrx6.png

Thanks,

Kimura

Nerdgasm
12-12-2014, 11:06 PM
Experiencing the same thing as Kimura.

Akkadius
12-13-2014, 03:38 AM
This was a simple permissions issue I have corrected.

Sorry for late response as I have been on vacation in California to see my brother graduate at MCRD.

Nerdgasm
12-13-2014, 12:51 PM
No problem man, thanks for the quick fix! =)

zerjz3
02-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Don't like how the race viewer doesn't show their race ID anymore... can this get fixed?

Akkadius
02-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Don't like how the race viewer doesn't show their race ID anymore... can this get fixed?

You may need to clear your cache. It should still show race ID

epilz
02-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Just verified, you need to clear your cache or it will not show the ID's.

Akkadius
02-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Just verified, you need to clear your cache or it will not show the ID's.

That's only because of the code changes I made recently. Shouldn't have to do it again

mroutlaw
03-21-2015, 12:26 AM
was looking for a way to set up a buff bot with eoc , is that possible? I was able to create the npc but then I'm stumped as I don't see a quest builder or can I do it with taskmaster?

Akkadius
03-21-2015, 12:28 AM
was looking for a way to set up a buff bot with eoc , is that possible? I was able to create the npc but then I'm stumped as I don't see a quest builder or can I do it with taskmaster?

Quest builder is in the future plans but not quite reality atm.

Use Notepad++ and do file edits for your scripts.

Warkral
08-22-2015, 05:38 PM
I curse all who got this setup in 15 minutes. I am really terrible at this.

EDIT: Windows firewall, curse you. I set up exemptions, it totally ignored them and blocked it anyway.

The Crucial One
12-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Just a quick FYI powersource and ammo slot seem to be mixed as i just created a throwing weapon that goes in powersource according to PEQ but in EOC it says its ammo...

Thanks for all your great work!
Crucial One

Uleat
12-07-2015, 05:53 PM
The current inventory system is based on the Titanium client, which is pre-PowerSource.

A work-around was implemented when the SoF client came along:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/common/eq_constants.h#L890

This also means that the slots bitmask in the items table are backwards. Some fancy bit-shifting occurs in the client translators to correct this:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/common/patches/sof.cpp#L2953

This issue will eventually be corrected..but, the whole inventory system has to be reworked and that will probably occur with the rework.

Toony
01-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm logged into the tool but I can't actually seem to make edits to my db. I'm trying to update the MOTD via the PEQ Editor, I change the text, click submit and when it reloads the text is the same. The user I created for the tool has full privileges.

Any ideas?

Producer_BMW
07-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Yo $20 PayPal whoever wants to use TeamViewer and make this work for me.

Lmk

atrayas
07-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Its quite simple, forward port 3306, run the sql query with the proper db user/password inserted and thats about it. Log in with the correct credentials after you run the query and your set.

Producer_BMW
07-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Its quite simple, forward port 3306, run the sql query with the proper db user/password inserted and thats about it. Log in with the correct credentials after you run the query and your set.

It should be a fast $20 lmk bro lol I sat here for like 3 hours.

Producer_BMW
07-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Sooo anyone want to do this team viewer style for me ??
$$$$$$$

bakajikara
07-07-2017, 09:52 PM
It isnt hard set up and i never used team viewer i only used VNC

Nerdgasm
07-24-2017, 10:32 PM
If you still need this done dude, I'll do it for you, hit me up.

sklead
10-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know why port 3306 is still closed after all my attempts to open it?

I've manually went to my router's IP address and gone to the port forwarding section and added 3306, protocol set to BOTH, but when using a port checker it says closed. The address is the IPv4 address of my computer. I've tried it using my IPv4 address, my ip from whatismyip and also the default gateway, but nothing works.

https://imgur.com/OWc3OIU
https://imgur.com/kITQSSB

Problem solved. Apparently my firewall didn't save the rule I had implemented earlier and I just didn't double check.

ChaosSlayerZ
01-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Creating a MySQL user: (By JSR)
If using Navicat;
- Click Save

I got a question about this part - how do you do it with HeidiSQl that now comes with server automatic install?

Thank You ;)

Nydosa
04-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Hello,

The EOC suite of tools are all functional for my recent install, but PEQ Rev 501 & 460 are only partially functional...

I can see correct data under 'Players' and 'Accounts', but anything referencing a zones in a drop-down menu shows the Zone's short zone name along with (0).

Any chance this can be fixed? Perhaps some sort of header issue, or missing reference with the latest Windows Server Repack?

Thank you!

GRUMPY
04-16-2018, 11:44 PM
PEQ Rev 501 & 460 are only partially functional...

Are you talking about old, obsolete and outdated versions of the database ?

Nydosa
04-17-2018, 01:24 PM
PEQ Editor Rev 501 in the EoC suite of tools. It looks like it was last updated in May 2016. Some of the functionality still works, but it looks like there is a disconnect in its ability to read Zones correctly.

I got GeorgeS's zone editor tool working, so that'll suffice, I just like the fact that i don't have to install anything to use Akkadius' tool on other laptops.

GRUMPY
04-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Oh ok, sorry, I only logged onto that EOC once in the past and discovered I didn't need it, but use
George's tools as well, along with an item editor tool, etc. Does the trick for me.

tako_EQ
10-23-2018, 06:11 PM
Pretty sure I have done everything needed to connect to eoc, but still getting the same 2 error messages when trying to log onto eoc

made a new user with a password, changed it from localhost to all, and has permissions for all database (and peq database)

added a rule in my firewall to allow port 3306 through

someone said something about fowarding a port on my router? but when i login to my router, i dont see any such option to do that.

if anyone could help it would be awesome, thanks a ton

sklead
02-13-2019, 02:26 AM
Pretty sure I have done everything needed to connect to eoc, but still getting the same 2 error messages when trying to log onto eoc

made a new user with a password, changed it from localhost to all, and has permissions for all database (and peq database)

added a rule in my firewall to allow port 3306 through

someone said something about fowarding a port on my router? but when i login to my router, i dont see any such option to do that.

if anyone could help it would be awesome, thanks a ton

When you go to your router page it's usually under the "Advanced" settings, sometimes under a subsection called "Port Forwarding". Some routers give you the option to only do UDP or TCP, some give the option to do both.

If you still can't find it you can download Simple Port Forwarding here (https://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download) and just select your router model and put in your username/password, then input the port you want to forward and it'll do it automatically.

Additionally, to check if your ports are actually open, you can check here (https://canyouseeme.org/)

If you open port 3306 on your firewall and router and it still doesn't work, most likely your database permissions are wrong. Try running the command below, where "username" is the username you want and "password" is the password you want

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'username'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

Xanathol
05-21-2019, 02:20 AM
I'm trying to use the Zone Copy tool to copy a zone from one database to another but when I get to the 'Database Connection to Import Content from ' section, the dropdown says 'select' and that is all - any tips on getting this to work?