PDA

View Full Version : Not connecting to db

Ruyenloresearcher
03-27-2013, 12:22 AM
I am kind of a idiot at times so sorry if this has been covered or something simple I am forgetting. Done a lot of research and tried a lot of things yet still missing something.

Here is the problem. Loaded the NPC editor, installed the ODBC drivers and ran the register_ocx file (all loaded good). Here is the DB ini

host=localhost
user=root
password=********
database=peq
everquest_folder=C:/EQ

I ran the test_connection program and it came back positive connection.

When I start of up the NPC editor it say's "Error in connecting to the Database Did you register all the files?"

I can then load the program and do query's and create NPC's. Then once and a while the program will stop working.

Any suggestions as to what I did wrong??

Thank you in advance.

T

Ruyenloresearcher
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
The problem seems to be a cosmetic thing. Once I am past the error messages the programs work as they were intended to.

NPC editor say's it is not connected to the database however it is allowing me to make changes, query's ect so going to stop messing with it.

I also had a connection issue and the item editor wouldn't load......but that turned out to be a super simple fix. While it still say's it cannot connect (yet it does) I turned off the music and now it loads and works like it should.

Thanks for the views.

GeorgeS
03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm fairly certain then it's a music dll that's causing this problem. On some machines with certain installs, it will cause this to occur. There should be a message somewhere in the GS forums where this was discusses some time.
Let me know if you can find it.

Also, there should be a log file report in the root folder. Pls send it to me.

GeorgeS