PDA

View Full Version : EQadmin question..

EQEQEQ
11-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Im going to try here 1st soo...

Ok here is the problem, i want to create some unique quest npc's. And some other new npc's.

I go into FQadmin and add a new record in npctype. I fill it all in to what i want. Lets say a level 10 gnome warrior. So i write down the id 72914 in this case.

I log into the emu, and #npctypespawn 72914 all i get is a_brown_bear..errr ok.

So i then add the npc to a new spawn group, and place it where i want in qeynos hills. ( in order for it to show at the spawn poit properly i seem to have to restart FQadmin.

I then start the emu back up and go to the spot i placed the spawn...and hmm well look a_brown_bear.

Any clues? No matter what i create new this seems to happen. Thanks for any info

EDIT:

Ok so i tried from scratch, now when i try to spawn any newly made npc_types the zone server crashes hehe.

And i still get a brown bear with some as well. Im quite confused.

quester
11-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Perhaps you are duplicating an already existing id?

EQEQEQ
11-07-2002, 11:34 AM
Well thats what i thought at first as well. But nope, brand new id number.

One other thing is any of the existing npc_types 65000 or above possibly 64000 too but i know 63000 works, are brown bears, or crash me as well. And im sure those aren't already used id's.

This one really has me stumped. I removed the spawn dp and resourced it also. And....same thing happens.

any ideas at all welcome!

Thx

quester
11-07-2002, 11:48 AM
HM.. 65k huh? Thats a magic number in programing.. 65535 actually.. max signed int. The var type might be too smal lin the code. I'll see if I can fidna chance t o check that tonight.

EQEQEQ
11-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Thanks man =) i tried to make a 150000 npc_type id, as to make sure i wasn't making duplicate id's. But well , he he he a_brown_bear! lol

And you know, this may be whats causing kael and fungusgrove to crash and such for most people. Because the npc_types for those zones are all over 65500 (which as you said, and i just tried is the culprit as up to that point they work fine

quester
11-08-2002, 07:00 AM
Ok i've tracked this down to a simple oversight..Guess the DB grew faster than the code :)

In fixing it, Kael also works for me now.. Some other crashing zones might as well.

Fix will be posted in the Dev section in a minute or two.