PDA

View Full Version : Admin Tool 2.9 Bug List

Wiz
11-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Figured I'd create another of these. Add your own bugs.

- Trying to change the effect type on an item still resets when you commit changes.
- Weight still shows as "3,5" but must be typed as "3.5" or it goes to 0.
- "Error while posting updates" sometimes appears while working, must delete whatever entry you're working with or close EQadmin to fix.
- Searching on items sometimes creates a duplicate of the item (and several others seemingly) which are bumped to the bottom, and then it spams you with "Duplicate entry".
- You still can't view spawn2 in the editor.
- Container type seems to reset to 0 when you go from the container item entry and come back to it.
- There's two file_name in zones, but no shortname.
- Creating a new item usually takes the very bottom item on the list, but sometimes something completely random. To duplicate a specific item through creating, you have to add entry, type in an ID without hitting enter, click the item you want to duplicate, click the ID box of the newly created item, and repeat last step one more time.

Windcatcher
11-09-2002, 11:05 AM
Picking the spawns sub tab under spawns shows the spawn2 table (I simply set the tab title to "Spawns"). Since there can be a LOT of spawns in a database, it only shows thosw spawns for a particular zone. You have to set the drop-down to the appropriate zone first (I do an SQL query to cull the displayed spawn list).

I'll see about fixing these bugs in the next version. I wanted to get something out today first, since 2.9 wasn't compatible with 0.3.11.

Wind

Wiz
11-10-2002, 01:40 AM
Ahh, that explains the spawn2 thing. Thanks.

Wiz
11-12-2002, 12:36 AM
One more:

After hitting "Commit Changes" enough times under items tab, you get "Database not in Edit or Insert mode" error. This doesn't prevent you from working, but keeps coming up, and eventually causes a massive system slowdown and ability to close EQadmin normally. Resembles a memory leak.

And yet another:

Assigning a spell to an item and selecting None/Proc causes the spell to go to "None". Assigning the proc type first, then the spell, and hitting commit changes causes effect type to go to "Constant".