PDA

View Full Version : #reloaddb

ZeroDegrez
02-12-2002, 02:47 PM
I like to modify my stuff in game, is there a way for you to write some kind of in game command to make the server reload the database to load new weapon changes and such, and new spawn things. Without having to shut down the whole server and stuff.

I run it in a window so i can run the EQAdmin at the same time.

TheClaus
02-12-2002, 03:04 PM
I agree with this but can it be possible. I would say not cause it loads the DB when you boot up zone and world. Best thing to do is if your not doing anything with items would be to have 2 bat files. I have 1 that loads 1 zone and then another for the other zone. If I make changes I #zone into a another zone (I use cshome) and then I shutdown that zone file and bring it back up. Then I zone back in and the changes are there.

ZeroDegrez
02-12-2002, 03:19 PM
What does CS Home look like :) I tryed to zone in but my character gets stuck as if the zone doesnt exist...can you only get the zone from a special location?

madborg
02-12-2002, 10:39 PM
What does CS Home look like :) I tryed to zone in but my character gets stuck as if the zone doesnt exist...can you only get the zone from a special location?

don't go there. it is a special zone that is not generally available and most people don't have it.

ZeroDegrez
02-12-2002, 11:43 PM
opps, <re-reads rules>, well can someone tell me atleast what it looks like? :) curious...

TheClaus
02-13-2002, 12:01 AM
Check this out for a description of what CSHOME looks like. I think it is the best zone and no wonder GMs hang out there.

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154&highlight=cshome

Trumpcard
02-13-2002, 12:59 AM
Talk about a thread wandering from its original topic! IN record time too, it usually takes 6-10 posts to really wander, this one did it in 3 ! Of course, the owner of the topic is the one who changed the subject !

Oh, and btw, CSHome isn't very special...

Reminds me of a very tiny Erudin

TheClaus
02-13-2002, 01:56 AM
Hey now I tried to stay on topic but was just telling him what I do. That is all. I think your wrong about CSHOME. BEST ZONE EVER!!!!!

LOL

ZeroDegrez
02-13-2002, 07:58 AM
hehe, couldnt stay on topic, and that question poped in my mind and my friends and I were always wondering that.

Now for a new topic :)

Since warez are a no no, is there anyway to open eq zones, the 3d file; to edit it in say 3d max studios?

I will make my own sunset home! :)

Yodason
02-13-2002, 02:10 PM
this is a good idea..,.