PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Admin Tool 3.1

Windcatcher
11-14-2002, 05:08 PM
I just uploaded it to SourceForge. They should have it on the download page within the hour, but they're doing upgrades and things seem to be screwed up six ways to Sunday. Cross your fingers.

Anyway, here's what's new. It's a big release...

1. Zones tab: changed duplicate file_name column to short_name.

2. Spawn tab: fixed the bug where clicking on some spawns in the map area took you to the wrong record.

3. Spawn tab: added a toggle button where you can also view where the doors in the zone are on the map. They will be shown in blue, and you can hover the mouse over one to see its "name". If the door tab is set to the same zone as the spawns tab (and the show doors option is on), then clicking on a door spawn on the map will automatically set the table on the doors tab to point to the correct record. Likewise, if the tabs are both set to the same zone and the show doors option is on, clicking on a door record on the doors tab will highlight that door on the map in the spawns tab.

4. Spawn tab: improved the performance when entering the tab and when changing zones. The program was always loading the spawn info twice, which isn't necessary. Delays should be cut in half now. I also added some caching; when working within a zone (e.g. adding or deleting spawns) it seems to cut the delays down by another 40%. When you change zones the caches are cleared (or if you change something in the NPC types or spawn entries tables--so it's a good idea to build these up first before adding spawns to a zone).

5. Doors tab: changed it so it is more like the spawns tab: it only shows those doors for a particular zone. You must change zones with the drop-down to see doors for other zones.

6. Spawns and doors tabs: when the "show doors" checkbox on the map is checked, the doors tab will automatically be changed to the same zone as the spawns tab whenever the spawn information is reloaded (such as when changing zones or adding or deleting records).

7. Books tab: improved the memo editing area where book text appears, and got rid of the browse button as it wasn't necessary.

8. Spawns tab: added a toggle button to show spawns with slightly larger dots, and fixed some inaccuracies in drawing the spawn dots--nothing major, just eliminating some roundoff error.

9. Items tab: fixed the problem where the search function would corrupt item records. Also fixed potentially the same problem in other parts of the program.

10. Players tab: improved the speed a bit (about 20%) when switching players in the Characters tab. This will also help the program as a whole load a little faster.

11. Items tab: the item list is now sorted by ID. New items should now always appear at the bottom of the list.

12. Items tab: fixed a bad crash bug that can happen when saving items.

13: Items tab: adding a new item record will automatically fill in the ID field with an appropriate ID (highest ID in the table, plus one).

14: Items tab: added a new button, "Copy Record". It copies a record to the end of the list and updates the ID fields.

15. Items tab: made some more changes to the way item effects are handled. Afterwards I was able to make an item from scratch that procced in the emu. Hopefully this and the above change will fix this problem once and for all.

Hope it works out for everyone. Anyhow, time for bed :D

Wind

Trumpcard
11-14-2002, 05:12 PM
F'ing A !

Windcatcher
11-15-2002, 12:21 AM
It seems that SourceForge didn't properly put the file on the download page so I just uploaded it again. If it's not available yet, it should be within the hour.

WC

Wiz
11-15-2002, 02:42 AM
Dances happily!

Now to scour it for more bugs. ;)

Bardboy
11-15-2002, 04:37 AM
You've outdone yourself, Windcatcher. As always, it's excellent work! Thanks for all your hard work.

tamarae
11-15-2002, 04:49 AM
If I whine loudly will it make it more easily downloadable from SourceForge? I'm getting "Could not read file"

Edit: Was able to pull it from one of the mirrors :)

killspree
11-15-2002, 05:53 AM
Any idea when you'll modify the item code to where items with > 127 in a stat can be made? EQ supports it now, but I can't seem to make items with your tool, any time I try to give an item 140hp/mana etc...I get an error message when I click to save the changes. :/

tamarae
11-15-2002, 06:14 AM
I'm getting an error when I click Commit Changes after editing loot tables -

quItems:Database not in Edit or Insert Mode.

What am I not doing right? :P

Windcatcher
11-15-2002, 07:02 AM
Probably a bug on my part. I had to change my code from a table to a query for items so I could sort on ID. I'll look at it as soon as I get home. It's a bit of a surprise, though, as I was able to add custom items with it. Try clicking commit changes two or three times. I find that, when dealing with a new database, that I have to do that the first time I use the admin tool.

tamarae
11-15-2002, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I havent seen the error too many times, was getting it also in previous versions as well. I click commit a few times and it does manage to get it all saved. :)

Also, I'm not seeing the cool little spawn map like it used to be - is it not functional in this version or do I have to do something to make it show up? I'm unable to choose a spawn group or zone from the spawn tab.

btw, I really do like the admin tool, is so much better than trying to do it with a mysql frontend. :)

Windcatcher
11-15-2002, 08:17 AM
:confused:

You should see the map...I did a ton of work on it. Is the zones table populated? Are the spawn entries and spawn groups populated? Or is the DB "naked"? I did all my testing with the full-blown DB add-ons loaded in.

tamarae
11-15-2002, 08:56 AM
I'd love to see the map.. hehe

I'm using the 3.11 db and the 3.11 addon, zones are populated, spawns are there, they drop lootz, etc.

Woo, there it goes. Amazing what a reboot will do for the lil ol system, I'm seeing the maps now for some reason. Excellent work, Windcatcher! I cant wait to start playing with this some more.

Trumpcard
11-16-2002, 03:09 AM
Much faster this version. Im still using it to clean the spawn database and the response time has gone way up...

Very cool !

Windcatcher
11-16-2002, 10:55 AM
According to the 0.3.11 item_struct, the item stats are still signed bytes (-128..127). I don't see any place to set damage/resistances/other stats to signed 16-bit values.

DeletedUser
11-16-2002, 07:01 PM
windcatcher... HAVE MY CHILD! :D

Windcatcher
11-16-2002, 07:33 PM
Ahem...unless you're in the ages of 25 to 32 and of the FEMALE persuasion...nothing doing :)

WC

- Oh, and unless you live in the Philadelphia area :D

DeletedUser
11-16-2002, 08:28 PM
aww :)

werewolf77
11-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Hello!

I've just a little NooB question here! :)

If i load the original/empty db in 3.12==> No probleme!

But when i try to load the 3.11 addon DB dans FQadmin it crashed!

Any idea here?

welok
11-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Hello, I am having a problem editing items in my database, I have the item editor (Kaiyodo's) it seems to be running correctly but for some reason when I try to commit changes I get an error saying " database not in edit or Insert mode" no matter how many times I click the commit change button I always get this error.

I have no clue what I am doing wrong, this is the first time I have tried editing items and it could be I am just not editing them in the correct order, place, etc.

Hopefully someone can help me out, any info would great.
Thank you.

Welok

Bardboy
11-18-2002, 03:25 AM
usually you can hit the button a couple times and it will take it.
Ignore it and hit the button again till no errors. it's a known bug.

If you are still having problems, try downloading MyCC (http://www.mysql.com/Downloads/MyCC/mysqlcc-0.8.6-win32.zip) and editing the Database that way; or if you are comforatable with MS Access, you can download and link Access with the ODBC Driver for Mysql (http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc.html) and edit the database that way.

DeletedUser
11-18-2002, 08:12 AM
point of posting kaiyodo's error in a totally seperate tool?

Hi weclome to Taco Bell can I take your order?

Uhh... yeah, can I get a whopper?

tamarae
11-18-2002, 08:19 AM
Why do you think BK started making tacos? :D

Kaiyodo
11-18-2002, 08:50 AM
point of posting kaiyodo's error in a totally seperate tool?

I'm not entirely sure Welok is using my item editor, I don't have a 'commit changes' button for a start. Furthermore, any database errors in my editor are dealt with by either crashing or doing nothing at all :) It's Windcatchers one that has all fancy error handling and stuff :D

K.

Bardboy
11-18-2002, 08:55 AM
I assumed he was talking about Windcatchers program, as that is the message that you get sometimes when you hit the commit changes button.

irageon
11-28-2002, 05:34 AM
I have problems with EQemu admin tool 2.9 and quest table.
EQemu don't have any table called quest in eq db.
I don't know to make any.. I know how to make quest.. to /quests/<npcid.qst>
BUT
when I start eqemu admin tool, report error with eq.quest table - doesn't exist.. I press OK.. but
When I make any changes.. like new npc.. new items .. modifying items etc.. and then pres commit changes.. for save my work
tool report same error in quest table like when starting
and do nothing.. not save my work :(

please.. how can turn feature about quest in admin tool ?
or how can create in db any table called quest ?
I have mysql front but create empty table quest not working..
help :(

Trumpcard
11-28-2002, 05:58 AM
Irageon.. As I told you in IRC BEFORE you posted this message, there are no database quests. The code was started to be worked on but discarded.

You CANNOT CREATE QUESTS using the admin tool..

Download Stormgod's quest helper, or look up some example quests on the forums and how to do quest scripting.

irageon
11-28-2002, 07:50 AM
AAAH SORRY MY MISTAKE.......
I try to say you trumpcard, this >>>

"I assumed he was talking about Windcatchers program, as that is the message that you get sometimes when you hit the commit changes button.
"
when I commit changes button I get error "blablablabla quest table not working or is empty or isn't..blablabla"
and this really p**s me off..
I don't want any quest.. I don't want f**k off this error :-DD

btw > how can summon any npc ? #dbspawn command not exist (flag 200)
and npcspawntype command headings me to dbspawn..

Bardboy
11-28-2002, 08:13 AM
Huh?

Translation please.