PDA

View Full Version : Trying to access EoC

Bandor
12-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Alright so im running Akka's server bundle. And I have accessed my db and ran the query to grant access for eoc,aswell as made sure firewalls are allowing ports to mySql. So when I attempt to log in to EoC I cant connect. Only thing I can have wrong is mySql server IP address. Any easy way of figuring out what this is?

PS: i ran query in HiediSQL is that the correct way of doing this?

Bandor
12-13-2014, 10:32 AM
can any answer this please?

Bohbo
12-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Alright so im running Akka's server bundle. And I have accessed my db and ran the query to grant access for eoc,aswell as made sure firewalls are allowing ports to mySql. So when I attempt to log in to EoC I cant connect. Only thing I can have wrong is mySql server IP address. Any easy way of figuring out what this is?

PS: i ran query in HiediSQL is that the correct way of doing this?

You allowed local firewall ports I assume. Did you forward the ports (NAT) on your router?

Bandor
12-13-2014, 11:59 AM
No havent done that yet. My biggest problem ( and probably a huge newbie one) is Im not sure what mySQL server IP is lol. Figured if find out that much first hand and then open ports after I actually have my info

lerxst2112
12-13-2014, 09:06 PM
If you're behind a router it is the WAN IP address on the router, or perhaps more simply, the value you see when you go to http://www.whatismyip.com/

Bandor
12-14-2014, 07:37 AM
ok cool,makes sense...now when attempting to connect it actually tries before denying me so must be my ports....time to crack into this router hehe

Bandor
12-14-2014, 10:01 AM
So the IP i need to forward to is the ip seen on whatismyip NOT the router IP,correct?

Bohbo
12-14-2014, 12:39 PM
You need to forward ports in your ROUTER (192.168.1.1) to your local SERVER IP 192.168.1.xxx so that EOC can make an incoming connection to your SERVER

Bandor
12-14-2014, 04:56 PM
So I forwarded my ports and upon testing they still cant be found open. I have contacted my internet support people to the point my head is ready to explode and nobody can figure out why it isnt opening. Im not sure if this is my end only or whats going on they say my ports are open my tests say otherwise. Im guessing I need a new router? And ideas?

Akkadius
12-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Pretty positive I go over this stuff in this Wiki page:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_Operations_Center_for_Development

Bandor
12-14-2014, 07:07 PM
having alot of trouble with this router so saying screw it will buy a new router tomrrow. according to the wiki ill just forward 3306. and attempt to log in with 1 of the 3 ip's i believe could be the server ip lol. will see what happens tomorrow morning i suppose

Bandor
12-15-2014, 04:00 PM
So I have rooted out the problem. It goes into having a crappy Modem/Router in 1 that I am now upgrading to a traditional standalone modem/router which I can then Open ports/dmz and connect into eoc from what I understand. Im curious though as to what I can do to edit my server in the mean time ive looked over wiki alot but most things seem like are a bit of a undertaking without the use of Eoc. Im curious as to how I set up a GM account via SQL in the meantime so I can atleast do small changes via ingame until my router problem is fixed. Will keep searching the forums in the meantime!

trevius
12-15-2014, 04:07 PM
To setup a GM account, open your accounts table and change the status on your account from 0 to 250. That will give you full access.. I recommend getting Navicat Lite for editing your database locally in the meantime. It is a bit easier for people who are not familiar with command line SQL.

You can also use the "#gm on" command to turn on GM mode.

You can always try out GeorgeS' excellent line of tools, which cover a wide variety of things you may want to edit. His tools make editing pretty easy once you get the hang of it. It can sometimes be a little hard to get the tools setup properly, but there aren't too many steps. You can find more information in GeorgeS' Tools section of the forums.

Bandor
12-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Sweet nevermind. Found a post on the wiki that broke down everything I needed to know for the time being!

Bandor
12-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Disregard this reply