PDA

View Full Version : My personal war with velious textures

Baron Sprite
02-13-2002, 08:57 AM
I have done everything to make sure it is not a local error on my side, formatted hd, reinstalled, patched, made sure everything was set at true for armors, and I still got no cheese when it comes to velious armor textures. The really odd part is, the computer right next to me with exact same eq directory and file settings shows them.. Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem...?
Oh well maybe this will be a new challenge ;)

madborg
02-13-2002, 07:44 PM
not exactly a problem like you describe, but a related one dealing with velious. On my computer 1, would port to cobalt scars and everything looked normal.

On computer 2, the dragon ring was missing!

I believe that the difference was that I was not at the same patchlevel with velious so computer 2 was slightly behind.

The only way you can get exactly the same is by copying all the files from computer 1 to computer 2 or to completely patch.

Now I suppose you are going to tell me that you have copied all the files from computer 1 to computer 2 and you still get a difference.

If that's the case then let me "arrghhh" in advance.

Baron Sprite
02-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Yup, exact copy. Even did another copy about 30 minutes ago and still the same result. I was reformatting 2 of my HDs so my sql, emu, and eq directories are all the same on both computers :D Isn't this just plain weird?

madborg
02-14-2002, 09:55 AM
there are days when computers scare me.

Baron Sprite
02-14-2002, 10:24 AM
I'm thinking it could be a problem with being the host computer using minilogin, will see if having other one host helps :D

Baron Sprite
02-14-2002, 10:44 AM
Nope :( Still no armor textures, hehe I am begining to think this is some kind of joke by the gods :o

Windcatcher
02-14-2002, 12:42 PM
I can't speak to that, but ever since I installed SoL my bitmaps have been screwed up. Large (fullscreen) bitmaps are "mirrored": the right 20% or so is a repeat of the leftmost 20% of the bitmap. For the splash screen I don't really care, but it also screws up some game buttons and pop-up dialogs, since they are contained in larger bitmaps that hold multiple items. My guess is that there is a bug somewhere in the process when the bitmaps are extracted from the s3d files.

WC

Nada
02-15-2002, 01:28 PM
I've never had any armor actually show the "velious" texture. So, i have the same problem Baron.