PDA

View Full Version : Question on how to use spell Editor

starblight
09-06-2015, 02:59 PM
So in the EOC 2.0 there are 2 places to edit spells. There is the one under tools witch seems to work but dose not have a export and then there is the one under PEQ editor. From what I have read modifying the database dose not change the spells though unless you also modify the clients with the new spells_us.txt file. Is this all the steps needed?

What I am trying to do is modify 261 - Levitate to no longer require bat wings. I modified the Reagents Components 1: and changed it to -1 like any spell that dose not take a reagent. But it dose not work. I have tried rebooting client but Not server yet. Is a server reboot needed as well?

starblight
09-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Figured it out you do need to reboot the server.

Shendare
09-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Yeah, the server loads spell information from the database when it starts up, and the client loads the spell information from spells_us.txt when it starts up.

To apply a spell change made in the database, you need to restart the server, update the spells_us.txt file on the client, and restart the client.

starblight
09-18-2015, 03:52 PM
I keep missing reply to my posts. I need to see if I can default subscribe to my own threads.

Thanks for the clarification. I am getting a grasp of how this all works but still have a long ways to go. One of the problems I ran into after this was spell ID number. I found on the wiki what number ranges work for what client but I was not sure what number would be a good area for custom spells? Is there a number range others use that would be less likely in the future to get in the way?

Kingly_Krab
09-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Use this query to see spell ID ranges that are open:
SELECT (a.id + 1) AS `START`, (MIN(b.id) - 1) AS `END`, ((MIN(b.id - 1)) - (a.id + 1)) AS `AMOUNT` FROM spells_new AS a, spells_new AS b WHERE (a.id < b.id) GROUP BY a.id HAVING (`START` < MIN(b.id)) ORDER BY `AMOUNT` DESC;

Shendare
09-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Ha. Was going to post just about the same query. Thumbs up!

Yeah, I'm not aware of any spell id range that's going to be avoided by EQ. Using gaps in the existing ID numbers is likely your safest bet to maintain compatibility with future spell additions.

starblight
09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I will check it out.

Kingly_Krab
09-18-2015, 04:49 PM
You're welcome.