PDA

View Full Version : Usinging EQEmu Admin Tool

Flak27
11-28-2002, 11:25 PM
Could someone please tell me how to get this program working for me, maybe step by step? I'm new to all of this ...

Here is my main problem, but first i have a question? My database is the folder "eq" in "C:\mysql\data\eq\" right?

Ok, so i load of EQEmu Admin Tool and click on preferences, I fill in EQ Directory: C:\Games\Everquest\
Map Directory: C:\Mysql\data\ (is this what you put?)
Database name: Eq
Database host: (do i put my IP here or something? i've tried different things)
Username: Admin
Password: ******

And after variations of this i get an error:
Exception: access denied for user: blah blah blah blah
The admin tool wasn't able to connect to table quest in database "eq" at host (my ip) Please go to the preferences dialog and set the username, password, database, and host values if they are correct, this error may signify an error in that table that the tool's database components cannot handle.

Could someone tell me what information I need to put in?

Flak27
11-29-2002, 09:39 AM
I was able to put a server up and everything, that was a cakewalk, but is there anyone that can just quickly explain how to open up my database and such using EQEmu Admin Tool. It would really make it a lot easier for me.

Windcatcher
11-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Try either "localhost " or 127.0.0.1 for your IP, assuming the DB is on the same PC as the admin tool.

Map directory is the folder where you place the .MAP files from ShowEQ. The admin tool uses the same map file format as ShowEQ. The maps are used on the Spawns tab in the tool, so that you can see an overhead view of the zone. There is a ZIP file containing a bunch of .MAP files in the SourceForge area (it's right next to the ZIP for version 2.1 of the admin tool).